New Legendary Pokémon Herald Black & White Release in 2011

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

New Legendary Pokémon Herald Black & White Release in 2011

Nintendo and The Pokémon Company have announced the release window for Pokémon Black & White outside of Japan.

Those with a hankering for the capture of sweet, innocent creatures for the purpose of forcing them to battle to the death will get their next crack at a selection of new Pokémon in about a year. It's been announced that Pokémon Black & White will be released in North America and Europe in spring 2011.

Pokémon Black & White were first revealed earlier this year and details on the games have slowly trickled out, including what the starting Pokémon will be. They'll also bring a 3D graphical style that the series hasn't seen before.

Two new legendary Pokémon will find themselves in both the games and on the covers for Pokémon Black & White. Gracing the cover of Pokémon Black will be Reshiram, while Zekrom will be on the cover of Pokémon White in all regions. These will probably be the next Pokémon that kids and adults alike will kill to acquire virtually.

With 207 million units of Pokémon sold in the past 14 years, and the recent remakes Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver moving 8.4 million by themselves, the dead carcasses of a pig and and giraffe could be on the covers of Pokémon Black & White for all the Pokémasses care. Look for more details on the titles as we near their fall 2010 Japanese release date.

Are they the actual colours that they will be?

The names of these Legendaries just keep getting more and more insane

Tbh they do look pretty bad ass, well in my opinion at least

They look kinda similar to the Diamond and Pearl ones.

Zekrom looks Kickass :D

Lol those legendary pokemons look totally awesome....tbh they just might be the best ones!
Altho MewTwo still is N:1!

They look frickin sweet. Only thing that threw me off was that the white one is in Black version and vice versa. Now hopefully the rest of the pokemon look that cool. But then again anything is better then Bidoof.

So Black gets the White one...and White gets the Black one?

Edgy.

They dont really have the appeal of Mewtwo or Zapdos do they?

OT: I'd take the black one to be honest.

AWESOME!!

They both look much better than Palkia or Dialga.

My bet is that the black one is dark/steel type.

Hate to be dirty minded, but why does it look like Reshiram has an erection?

Zekrom looks pretty cool, though I can't say the same about Reshiram.

I don't like the look of either of them. This generation looks like a failure so far, artistically speaking.

Reshiram looks bloody stupid. Zekrom however, looks badass.

Let me guess, the third Legendary is going to be some giant Ying-Yang dragon-bird?

Wahful:
So Black gets the White one...and White gets the Black one?

Edgy.

They dont really have the appeal of Mewtwo or Zapdos do they?

OT: I'd take the black one to be honest.

Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno FTW

Reshiram has a penis

Need I say more?

Will the 3DS support this game? Cause that will be interesting

I just cant get over the Jet Terbine on Zekrom's ass...

El Poncho:
Reshiram has a penis

Need I say more?

hes just "happy" to see you is all

The last Pokemon game that I played and enjoyed was Silver and Gold back in the day.

The white one looks like a chicken with harpy wings, a dog's face and an engine up its ass.

Quad08:

I believe those are the Japanese names (correct me if I'm wrong) and will probably be different once localization gets their hands on the games.

OT: I wasn't too impressed by the designs for the starters, but Zekrom looks to be a glimmer of hope for Generation 5. Reshiram on the other hand...

Darkstar370:
AWESOME!!

Well according to a source on Serebii.net they're both Dragon type, but it's unknown if they also have a secondary type. So it's possible Zekrom will be Dragon/Dark. Although what that would make Reshiram I have no idea. Light type?

I think they look more like Digimon then something from the Pokemon universe...

El Poncho:
Reshiram has a penis

Need I say more?

God dammit, cannot unsee. >:/

Zekrom reminds me of Treecko's final evolution... Sceptile. Which I'm pretty sure proves that Nintendo has lost all of its originality for Pokemon, and some other games... actually a lot of their games... where was I going with this?

I'll pick it up... if only for nostalgia's sake.

I'll be getting black for sure, because it has the white legendary. How does that make sense?
I love the look of the white one. I also think I'm gonna get the fire pig starter. Man, I hope it becomes a savage boar...

Fusoiya:
Tbh they do look pretty bad ass, well in my opinion at least

Yeah that. Too bad the awesome black one is in White. Hopefully you can catch both, or I might just wait for Gray (probably the name) to come out.

Quad08:

I'm pretty sure all the names that have been announced so far for Black an White pokemon are the Japanese ones. So they'll be changed by the time we get the games, I hope.

MasterSteef:
Hate to be dirty minded, but why does it look like Reshiram has an erection?

Oh great! Thanks a lot!

You're like one of those guys who points out a dead pixel on an LCD screen, now I can't see anything else but that.

AMCization:
I think they look more like Digimon then something from the Pokemon universe...

Yes, I was just about to post that, Reshiram's tail and neck rings, and Zekram's robot-dragon style (especially the shoulders) look like something from Digimon .

They look like Gundams.

I can safely say FAIL.

Well, at least I know 1 game I'll be buying next year (Damn OCD)

Rogue 9:

Darkstar370:
AWESOME!!

Well according to a source on Serebii.net they're both Dragon type, but it's unknown if they also have a secondary type. So it's possible Zekrom will be Dragon/Dark. Although what that would make Reshiram I have no idea. Light type?

isn't reshi japanese for spirit, or soul or something?
maybe it might introduce good/evil types?

I'm wondering what the other pokemon will look like.

If they follow the trend of gradually getting worse/more silly, then this generation should just be a trainwreck of bad designs.

I was going to say not having a worldwide release is lame but from a business standpoint I guess it makes sense since kids are still playing HG&SS. Still this day and age a franchise like Pokemon that sells millions in US and Europe should get a worldwide release IMO. That's a around a 7 month wait in between releases.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here