Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

A new live-action Mortal Kombat trailer is making the rounds and while we're not sure what exactly it is, we do know that it's absolutely frikkin' awesome.

In January, a rumor floated to the surface that the 1995 action flick/videogame movie Mortal Kombat was being considered for a remake. That story was followed soon after by a tale of legal woes, after which it all just sort of faded into the ether. What happened? Nobody knew and, more to the point, nobody seemed to care. As our own John Funk pointed out, the MK franchise used to be big stuff but it's not 1995 anymore and gamers these days just aren't interested.

Here's a heads-up, kids: Get ready to get interested.

This is not your father's Mortal Kombat. Dig it: No supernatural gimmickry, no undead warriors, no Outworld, just the most dangerous of humans gathered together for a deadly, underground tournament. Reptile: A psychotic, hideously deformed cannibal. Baraka: A self-mutilating plastic surgeon and psychotic mass murderer. Johnny Cage: Savagely beaten and killed while working as an undercover operative. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung: The gang's all here, but not as you know them.

You might recognize Jackson "Jax" Briggs and Sonya Blade, too.

In all honesty, we have no idea what this is all about. A promo for a new movie? A live action trailer for a new Mortal Kombat game? Something else entirely? We don't know. We only know this: Holy crap, we want more.

It's a shame about Johnny Cage dying.

I never liked him but it just wouldn't be Mortal Kombat without his sarcastic comments and all round dickishness. Just look at the flop the 2nd film turned out to be without him or maybe that was the animality?

Maybe they need to FINISH IT.

Yeah, obvious joke is obvious. But holy crap, that actually looks good. Like a possible reasonable vision of a videogame movie.

Has someone checked if Satan's skating yet?

I don't know what the hell just happened.

But. It. Was. Awesome.

That was pretty interesting. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

I actually have less interest after I saw this.

Woah, that was just. Woah.

However, Sub-Zero was my favorite character! I thought he was the hero for some reason, didnt Scorpion kill off his entire clan or something?

O wells.

Jackalb:
or maybe that was the animality?

Maybe it was

Carry on!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, that was Jeri Ryan Seven of Nine as Sonya Blade.

looks really cool but GAAHHH! make the mental images of baby reptile go away!

Andy Chalk:

Jackalb:
or maybe that was the animality?

Maybe it was

Sorry buddy didn't really think of it as a spoiler.

Definitely piqued my interest, I'll be watching this one.

Holy crap...

If that is rated under 18 I will eat 5 cm of my dead skin for Youtube.

Calumon: That's alot of peeling... and I'll fetch the camera

Disaster Button:

Was it? She went to the same school as I did and I didn't even recognize her.

Regardless, I watched this and immediately shat brix.

Huh. Now I kinda wish that I knew who the hell half of those characters were.

Godammit, the original SNES cartridge is in the shop for 3 and I still haven't picked it up. This trailer is an incentive for me to swot up on MK, it looks awesome.

Didn't think much of the other films, this looks good though.

There was just a thread about this.
And no..

It looks like crap.

That is NOT the Mortal Kombat I know..

Uhm. Heads up next time please, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that Reptile scene.

Zeithri:

It's BETTER!

That was Frakkin' BRUTAL! Game, movie, Tv show...whatever it is...I WANT IT!

That lamellar ichthyosis disease is nasty though, and if you think what was in the vid was bad. Put it into Google...(*shiver*)...I found out about that disease about 3 years ago and it kept me awake for many anight after.

Okay, credit where it's due, despite the fact they missed the point of Mortal Kombat so badly they'd be closer if they fired in the opposite direction, that does look like an awesome reboot of Mortal Kombat.

That said, I loved the mystical element. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to give this a chance, but I'm just going to say that I loved the magical elements like Shang Tsung.

So far, the one thing that piqued my interest in this trailer was Reptile's background. Pretty reasonable and somewhat believable, in my opinion. But Scorpion as a possible protagonist? Quite unsettling.

Zeithri:
And no..

It looks like crap.

Wah wah wah.

The best part about this is you actually see the fights, none of that Jason Bourne crap where the camera man has a seizure every three seconds.

Hiphophippo:

Disaster Button:

Was it? She went to the same school as I did and I didn't even recognize her.

Regardless, I watched this and immediately shat brix.

Oh I just noticed Andy linked Sonya Blade's name to Jeri Ryan's imdb profile, also that's pretty cool.

I also lost brix at this.

Holy Crap. I liked the old games, they started to get horrible after number 2, and the movies were just plain shit, but this actually looks interesting and cool! I want.

DO. WANT. I have i to watch this, this looks frickin SWEET.

That trailer was terrible, and I sincerely hope that this is a cruel joke or fan made project.

Well, I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie, the second one was absolutly awful though.

I'll also say that I also liked Johnny Cage, and actually used him quite a bit as I thought the character was pretty amusing. I've always thought that doing Mortal Kombat without him was a mistake.

Despite this though, I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is no supernatural gimmickry or anything else involved. The implication is still that Scorpian might be an undead spirit of vengeance or something similar, going by the eyes and his comments which could be fairly literal. Though it does appear they are removing the entire Outworld bit from things.

That also means that they could of course bring Johnny Cage back into things somehow.

The Bandit:

Zeithri:
And no..

It looks like crap.

Wah wah wah.

The best part about this is you actually see the fights, none of that Jason Bourne crap where the camera man has a seizure every three seconds.

Wah Wah Wah

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113855/
Tell me where you see "Jason Bourne" as director.

Andy Chalk:

Zeithri:

It's BETTER!

No, it is not.
This isn't Mortal Kombat, this is a dull trailer with a namesteal as it will not have anything to really do with Mortal Kombat at all judging from this trailer.

I need to see more of this like now.

Zeithri:

The Bandit:

Zeithri:
And no..

It looks like crap.

Wah wah wah.

Wah Wah Wah

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113855/
Tell me where you see "Jason Bourne" as director.

Andy Chalk:

Zeithri:

It's BETTER!

No, it is not.
This isn't Mortal Kombat, this is a dull trailer with a namesteal as it will not have anything to really do with Mortal Kombat at all judging from this trailer.

I love it when hilariously mistaken people try to insult others.

As far as "namestealing" goes, what name is there to steal? Mortal Kombat is shit now. No one likes it. When a franchise is shit, guess what you're supposed to do? Change it. Mix it up. Try to create something new to pique interest. That's what this movie's doing, and, whether it's good or not, they deserve props for trying.

I'm totally hoping that it's a movie. That looks like something I'd buy overpriced popcorn and soda to watch.

...YEAH!

FIGHT!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! Ah I love MK, cant wait to see more of this.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)