Rumor: Valve's E3 Surprise is Source 2, Maybe Half-Life 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Dr. wonderful:
...Please HL3...please HL3...Please HL3!...

I concur!

Actually,it would make alot of sense.
Imagine a scenario where the developpers are working on Ep3 and making good progress.
The only problem is they have alot of loose ends to tie.Now,a game can't do that all at once.You can't stop the bad guy,then stop the nuke at the same place and time.You have to travel to seperate locations.
Coming back to the subject at hand,in Half-life,you do all the traveling,and there are going to be alot of people/places to "visit".
Maybe,just maybe the devs made the game just too long and decided to turn it in Half-Life 3,to save money on starting up yet another project right after.

Either way,I can't wait.

If they don't give us HL3, i will kill the nearest person to me.

Half-Life:Wii.

You heard it here first.

With Crowbar Wiimote attachment! Be the Freeman and push things into crystals!

gamerguy473:

EcksTeaSea:
If they wont show EP 3 why would they show HL 3?

Exactly, ValvE needs to make an episode 3 first so they can provide some closure for the plot of the first two episodes before they can release Half-Life 3, which (presumably) would have a completely different plot than the episodes.

...Why?

If there is going to be a Half Life 3 rather than an episode 3 it will simply be a measure of length rather than a completely different storyline. It's just a name. If they really wanted they could release a full fledged 15 hour game and call it episode 3, there's nothing stopping them.

If there will be no Episode 3 and instead a Half Life 3 it will continue from were we left off at the end of Episode 2. I'd bet my house on it.

Also I've been wondering this for quite some time. Releasing a 5 hour game after 6 years of waiting is more than just a slap to the face. Anyway there's too many loose ends to tie up.

HEY! Remember when physics were new and awesome!?!

Valve does! :D

I shall dub this new engine AWESOME SOURCE!

I'm thinking about getting an m11x, hopefully it can run this new engine

rabidmidget:
I shall dub this new engine AWESOME SOURCE!

These arnt your dad's puns: these are Turbo-Puns!

I still don't understand why they ditched Portal 2 with so little time left. Makes me think that they just rushed this surprise together.

darkstone:
Just you watch it's going to be the Engie Update.

Oh god no! What if it is?? D:

GOD LET IT BE HALF-LIFE:OPPOSSING FORCE 2

ahhemm...sorry but i love that game

Also, its an anonymous source which means it could be some fat guy in his bas......

OHH DEAR GOD

Prepare for Source 2 people

darkstone:
Just you watch it's going to be the Engie Update.

seeing as the engie update has already been announced, i dont think thats the surprise.

FlashHero:
Im betting it is the engie update..the final meet the team vids..and a official release of source filmmaker..but that is just my bet.

engie update has already been announced so it isnt the surprise

metroidgearsolid:

FlashHero:
Im betting it is the engie update..the final meet the team vids..and a official release of source filmmaker..but that is just my bet.

Seeing as there isn't any information pertaining as to what is included in the engie update on the official blog this could be a reveal as to how the engie update was going to be game changing to tf2. and thanks you got my hopes up that they actually did release info on tf2 so early in the morning.

Also I was being facetious with that post, and would like nothing better than to see source 2 and a half life 3 reveal.

darkstone:

metroidgearsolid:

FlashHero:

Seeing as there isn't any information pertaining as to what is included in the engie update on the official blog this could be a reveal as to how the engie update was going to be game changing to tf2. and thanks you got my hopes up that they actually did release info on tf2 so early in the morning.

Also I was being facetious with that post, and would like nothing better than to see source 2 and a half life 3 reveal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8AjhnLYkw
boom. well, it wouldnt be much of a surprise now would it? it would just be an announcement of the weapons.

metroidgearsolid:

boom. well, it wouldnt be much of a surprise now would it? it would just be an announcement of the weapons.

1. I've already seen that video

2. that's a teaser and in no way gives any info regarding the engie update, and what I meant was that the surprise is that they reveal what is included in the engie update.

3. it doesn't matter anyways since http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.200730-Portal-2-Delayed-to-2011 in that thread they say the surprise is still portal related so no HL 3 for us.

Although the speculation could turn to that that portal 2 runs on source 2 but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

darkstone:

metroidgearsolid:

1. I've already seen that video

2. that's a teaser and in no way gives any info regarding the engie update, and what I meant was that the surprise is that they reveal what is included in the engie update.

3. it doesn't matter anyways since http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.200730-Portal-2-Delayed-to-2011 in that thread they say the surprise is still portal related so no HL 3 for us.

Although the speculation could turn to that that portal 2 runs on source 2 but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

i have no comeback and am therefore going to put in a comeback that has absoloutly nothing to do with our conversation.
your mum runs on source 2...

Aylaine:

Marik2:

Aylaine:

Marik2:

Aylaine:

Marik2:

Aylaine:

Where is THAT from? o.o

Found it on a Google search. Its suppose to be a "Perhaps it will look like this" and I'm hoping it will.

I'm hoping better. xD

Hope it would look like Crysis 2.

That's too much IMO, then not many people would get to play it. You know?

Not if its on consoles :P

It wouldn't look as good, would it?

Who knows all I mostly care bout is the story and the gameplay.

Jonny49:

The Austin:

Dr. wonderful:

...Please HL3 for 360... Please HL3 for 360... Please HL3 for 360!

...Please HL3 for PS3... Please HL3 for PS3... Please HL3 for PS3!

You are WAY OUT OF LUCK on anything valve on the PS3 Gabe hates the ps3 and valves doesn't care much for micro$oft so your best luck for valve is to be PC

Aylaine:

Marik2:

Aylaine:
Hmm, it would be sexy to see...SUPER SOURCE in action. Still, I'd really like some info on Episode 3 a lot more, but didn't they say they wanted to make HL3 basically what Episode 3 was supposed to be anyways? ;O

Well hopefully Super Source will look like this.

Where is THAT from? o.o

I saw that on youtube yesterday

Source is already way past version 2. And well maintained code (like the Source engine) ages like wine, not milk. What I'm trying to say here is that this rumor seems to have no connection with reality.

Also, guys, graphics like what you're seeing in that mock-up are financially unsustainable. There aren't enough gamers out there with a computer good enough to justify the additional time to develop the art assets (not the code) to make that happen.

And seriously, it's just a number. Who cares what they call the next Half-Life?

Unless it's called Dr. Magnusson's Freshly Picked Rose Colored Rupeeland! Then I might have to pass.

I'll say it again, Valve has new stuff in the works besides sequels. I wouldn't be surprised at a new game with Icefrog on team.

D Y N A S T Y:

Jonny49:

The Austin:

Dr. wonderful:

...Please HL3 for 360... Please HL3 for 360... Please HL3 for 360!

...Please HL3 for PS3... Please HL3 for PS3... Please HL3 for PS3!

You are WAY OUT OF LUCK on anything valve on the PS3 Gabe hates the ps3 and valves doesn't care much for micro$oft so your best luck for valve is to be PC

A man can dream.

*dreams of Playing HL3 on the PS3*

You hear that? That's the sound of awesome.

Please Valve, get rid of that lag compensation in Source Engine 2!

Personally I think the only possibility is Half-Life 3 at this point. If not, Episode 3 but MUCH longer than Episode 2. They won't be skipping anything, they just would be making Episode 3 a full game. Which is likely, as there are A LOT of things left open. A lot. Also, I know Valve is slow, but not this slow. They won't make 7 hours worth of game after this many years. I guess TF2 took 12 years... Dammit, now I may be wrong, and by extension, quite sad.

But! Portal 2 and L4D2 should show that Valve can make games at better rates with the same quality. I think that given their current work ethic, Episode 3 would be out if it were "just" an episode.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here