Badder-Ass Raiden Revealed For MGS: Rising

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Badder-Ass Raiden Revealed For MGS: Rising

Raiden's duds look to have gotten even more powerful than they were in Metal Gear Solid 4.

A new image of Metal Gear Solid: Rising's packaging lifted from Xbox Live Marketplace gives us a full view of what Raiden will be wearing in the game. From the back, anyway.

While Raiden's cyborg-ninja suit from Metal Gear Solid 4 looked very organic and smooth, his new exoskeleton is metal and bulky. The first rendered image of him from Rising, Konami's in-development next-gen Metal Gear title, showed this would be the case, but now we've got a body shot.

Raiden still carries his trademark sword, but also has a powerful looking rifle strapped to his back. The most interesting reveal in the new image is whatever Raiden is holding in his right hand, which looks like some kind of electric cat-o-nine tails. This could be the "lightning bolt action" referred to in the game's title. EDIT: Either that or, as the community points out, he probably just ripped out something's spine.

Sure, this is just one leaked image, but it's the first hint we've gotten to where Metal Gear Solid: Rising will take the series. Will "lightning bolt action" radically change the series, or will series creator Hideo Kojima tie it in to the stealth-emphasized gameplay the series is known for? He successfully melded regular gunplay into MGS4, so maybe he's got something shocking up his sleeve for Rising too. I just said that, yes. It's a strong bet that something on Metal Gear Solid: Rising will come out of E3 2010 next week.

Via: CVG

looks epic now can we just get some info?

God, they really took all those "Raiden was a pussy in MGS2" comments to heart, didn't they?

HOLY CRAP!

So where's the stealth, and why is Raiden holding a glow worm? Is it going to recharge his batteries?

Calumon: Series Reference No Jutsu~!

This actually looks really, really fun. Here's hope the game actually contains some gameplay!

Tom Goldman:
He successfully melded regular gunplay into MGS4, so maybe he's got something shocking up his sleeve for Rising too. I just said that, yes.

*Facedesk*

Jack and Calumon:

So where's the stealth, and why is Raiden holding a glow worm? Is it going to recharge his batteries?

It looks more like he just ripped out some poor cyborg's spine :D

Hmm I thought the thing in his right hand was some sort of spine. O_o

Well, looks like he riped somthings spine out, good for him, now lets see some gameplay

'Eh, I prefer the sleeker look of the old Raiden. It made him look more like a ninja, now me looks more like a warrior that will be fighting instead of sneaking.

I wonder if this is going to be a stealth game at all...

I have high hopes for this game.

Seriously, I like the new Raiden look, and I hope the stealth system stays intact despite the changes.

He looks badass but he cant never top Gray Fox or Snake

Furburt:
God, they really took all those "Raiden was a pussy in MGS2" comments to heart, didn't they?

He may look cool but MGS4 proved he's still the same unlikeable whiny cunt underneath. They'll need to prove they've done a MASSIVE rewrite before I care.

*slaps self*

Raiden finally badass?

I can't believe it myself...

Nimbus:
This actually looks really, really fun. Here's hope the game actually contains some gameplay!

Tom Goldman:
He successfully melded regular gunplay into MGS4, so maybe he's got something shocking up his sleeve for Rising too. I just said that, yes.

*Facedesk*

Jack and Calumon:

It looks more like he just ripped out some poor cyborg's spine :D

Uh, whoops.. yeah... it probably is a spine. That's more likely than a lightning worm whip.

I don't know what was wrong with Raiden in the first place. He was never that bad, except that he's not Solid Snake.

Tom Goldman:
He successfully melded regular gunplay into MGS4,

I am might be a bit of a MGS fanboy, but I'm one of the few who agree.

Finally Raiden is back

I can't wait for this game I love him in MGS2 and MGS4

But I want information about the story

Furburt:

It's a pity, I liked Raiden. Raiden was someone who's entire life was spent fighting for other people's ends and being forced to be something he's not. He knew he was being used but felt it was all he deserved basically. People fail to appreciate the difference between 'emo whiny bitch' and 'understandably traumatised'.

[quote="Tom Goldman" post="7.201023.6639632 He successfully melded regular gunplay into [i]MGS4[/i][/quote]
Hardly. MGS4's gameplay consists of avoiding getting spotted, or kill [i]everything[/i]. Stealth or not-stealth, not a combination of the two.

So he's MORE powerful than MGS4? The guy who spun 2 Gekkos in the air and STOPPED A GIANT OCEAN LINER WITH ONE ARM. Damn.

No Snake? No buy. I couldn't stand him in MGS2 or 4, count me out.

Raiden still carries his trademark sword,

Its not his trademark, its the TM of a Cyborg Ninja, which he is I'll give you that.

But its not his trademark

Furburt:

Yes and they ruined his character. I didn't like MGS4 Raiden and I'm skeptical about this game still.

Am I the only one who has noticed he's wearing eyeliner?

GRAY FOX!!! Oh wait, is that Raiden? What is that, a spine?

"ach! he has stolen my hair cut!"

Tom Goldman:
Raiden is holding in his right hand... some kind of electric cat-o-nine tails. This could be the "lightning bolt action" referred to in the game's title. EDIT: Either that or, as the community points out, he probably just ripped out something's spine.

I also thought it looked like a spine but it appears the great community is ahead of me with their lightning fast action.

Tom Goldman:
...it's the first hint we've gotten to where Metal Gear Solid: Rising will take the series. Will "lightning bolt action" radically change the series, or will series creator Hideo Kojima tie it in to the stealth-emphasized gameplay the series is known for? He successfully melded regular gunplay into MGS4, so maybe he's got something shocking up his sleeve for Rising too. I just said that, yes. It's a strong bet that something on Metal Gear Solid: Rising will come out of E3 2010 next week.

I don't think MGS:Rising is going to take the series anywhere. Kojima has already said that MGS:Peace Walker is the real MGS:5 in his mind. So I'd say Rising is more of a detour or spin-off and the only way we'll say any more of its kind is with a MGS:Rising 2. But I could be wrong... Its not like I, or anyone else on the planet, knows what the hell is going on inside Kojima's head.

This is just another reason I can't wait for E3 this year.

Also... new raiden looks bad-ass, and this is going to be set before MGS4 right?

Since I never played any Metal Gear beyond the first MGS, I do not know Raiden. That leaves me a bit skeptical whether or not he makes for a good main character.

Having said that, the sheer fact that we are going to see a Metal Gear game on the PC makes me very excited and hopeful that this will turn out well.

Wait, that's 'badass'?
Well, golly, people like Kratos and Commander Shepard are basically blobs of manliness if this is 'Badass'.

Furburt:

Exact thoughts crossed my mind.
It's like they said "Fine, you want a badass? HERE! Now he's got spikes and is holding a dude's spine - THAT HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR YOU?"

To which I chuckle and respond "Where is Snake?"

lighning bolt action just refers to raiden himself being the protagonist. wasn't his name rai (thunder) den (lightning)?

Furburt:

Hahaha, exactly, now they're overcompensating =P

In all seriousness, I can't wait to hear some more info.

Ghostkai:

Furburt:

Exact thoughts crossed my mind.
It's like they said "Fine, you want a badass? HERE! Now he's got spikes and is holding a dude's spine - THAT HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR YOU?"

To which I chuckle and respond "Where is Snake?"

i ,on the other hand, reply: "Raiden leaks copious amounts of semen when 'shot' or 'stabbed'-- Snake>Raiden."

Furburt:

They sure did. I mean, just look at him!

OT:Really looking forward to this game!

Hubilub:
*slaps self*

Raiden finally badass?

I can't believe it myself...

Oh you better....

Wait a sec. Metal Gear? Xbox 360? Okay, that was the real shocker here... for me.

Still, I really hope Raiden isn't annoying in this installment.

Colour me excited.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or