Man Transforms Car Into One-Way Transformer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Man Transforms Car Into One-Way Transformer

This robot might not be able to transform into a car, but it definitely was made out of one.

Nikola Nikolov is an artist that loves to create objects from random materials. He's made chairs from broken dishes and sculpted a dog out of broken furniture. Now, he's created a robot out of a car. Quite the jump.

As you can see, the robot cannot be described in a way other that "F*CKING AWESOME!!" Nikolov tore apart his and the wife's first car, a Lady Samara Diva, and sculpted it into something I would never want angry at me. It's 6 feet 6 inches tall and appears to stand on it's own. I want a fleet of them on my lawn

The car-bot is called "The Transformer," probably after the well-known robots that turn into vehicles and back again. Nikolov's description, which makes his creation even more awesome, reads: "The Transformer symbolizes the relationship between man and machine ... The Transformer stands in a position of ready surprise. He is in the moment between knowing what he was and knowing what he has become..."

It's just too bad that Nikolov's robot is actually more of a sculpture than a robot, but that shouldn't diminish his accomplishment. I can barely sculpt a stick figure out of clay, but he managed to make a robot out of a car. I repeat, he made that out of a car. This car, in fact:

Notice any similarities? Nikolov's other less robot-like works can be found on his website.

Via: Gizmodo

..If I personally think that "robot" is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen, does that make me a bad person?

<_<

Too bad he can't turn it back, but at least he doesn't have to worry about it transforming while he's still in it... eww...

ShadowsofHope:
..If I personally think that "robot" is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen, does that make me a bad person?

<_<

Yes. Go to your room.

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Is it ugly? Perhaps.
Is it still freaking awesome that a man took only a car and built that thing from it? Definitely.

Jark212:
Too bad he can't turn it back, but at least he doesn't have to worry about it transforming while he's still in it... eww...

I believe they had a Perry Bible Fellowship comic about that.

On topic:

Good on him, not very artistic myself, but I can understand the time and effort that's gone into creating something like this.

Souplex:

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Yes. Go to your room.

..What if I admitted the guy was damned awesome for just doing it in the first place?

Can I has the door open just a little!?

Tom Goldman:
the robot cannot be described in a way other than "F*CKING AWESOME!!"

Yes it can be, it is "outstanding"

I don't think "F*CKING AWESOME!!" adequately descirbes this creation.
His talent is incredible, this coming from a guy who can't draw stick figures.
How long did it take him to make this? And does he take requests? I have an old car...

That face reminds me of...I can't place it, but it reminds me of an aliens face. I wonder what his car insurance company said after he did this.

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

That's almost enough to make me send you to the basement.

Almost.

It could use some Spray Paint, but otherwise I am impressed.
Very, very impressed.

Lizardon:
How long did it take him to make this? And does he take requests? I have an old car...

Mr. Gency:

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Almost.

..Noo! That's where the basement cat lives!

..No one could be so cruel, could they!?

Sewblon:

Tom Goldman:

or "FfanTASTIC!"

I don't think anyone will get that...

ShadowsofHope:

Mr. Gency:

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Almost.

You fool! you revealed the basement! RUN FOR YOUR WIVESLIVES

He has a Gundam head spike.

Mr. Gency:

Lizardon:

Thank you. I've been trying to find that .gif for over an hour.

The picture that goes with the article isn't a good representation of his work. You should try going on his website. There, you can see much better images.

Z(ombie)fan:

Sewblon:

Tom Goldman:

or "FfanTASTIC!"

ShadowsofHope:

Mr. Gency:

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Almost.

You fool! you revealed the basement! RUN FOR YOUR WIVESLIVES

It's okay, we have installed the most secure barrier we have possible to combat the basement cat!

We can only hope it has lost the knowledge of how to jump more than 3 feet.

..Anyways, to stop derailing this thread.. *Cough*

I'm still waiting for someone to turn a car into a robot that possesses the ability to transform back into a car again. It does't even have to be functioning car. Just have the ability to transform back and forth.

ShadowsofHope:

Mr. Gency:

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Almost.

Yes.

OT: I will say the thing is pretty damn ugly, but the fact someone made that out of a car is still awesome XD

ShadowsofHope:

<_<

Like some said, yes, go to your room. I agree though, it's not the prettiest thing ever but it is sure one of the most awesomesauce things!

That is so cool. To bad it cant tranform back. Tranformers robots in disguise!

http://robosteel.com Made In Ireland

that robosteel site is jokes, shame i dont have the 5000 euros to get a 2.2 meter tall predator or alien queen :(

That is pretty cool, I want one.

Z(ombie)fan:

Sewblon:

Tom Goldman:

or "FfanTASTIC!"

i believe that your reference is made out of wibbily wobbily , timie wimie....stufff..

OT: gota love people who make these stuff.

Ankhwatcher:
http://robosteel.com Made In Ireland

I'm 99% sure that both the Alien and the Predator standing on pedestals in front of one of our local rental stores were made by the guys running this site.

OT: That must have been a pain in the ass to build. Very impressive.
After seeing the pics on the artist's website, the colors and their arrangement reminds me a bit of the briefcase Iron Man suit from the second movie.

that looks... FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Attention, every idiot and moron that called that a robot.

That is soemthing the real world calsl a STATUE. Unless it moves when given power, it is not a robot. That is a sculpture made from a crappy car. Statues made out of metal scavenged from other sources are only about 5000 years old. This is as innovative as turning kitchen trash into compost. If the ancient Greeks did it, it is not new.

It looks demonic.

Now thats epic! Get that in the Tate as that is a masterpiece!

Pugiron:
Attention, every idiot and moron that called that a robot.

That is soemthing the real world calsl a STATUE. Unless it moves when given power, it is not a robot. That is a sculpture made from a crappy car. Statues made out of metal scavenged from other sources are only about 5000 years old. This is as innovative as turning kitchen trash into compost. If the ancient Greeks did it, it is not new.

But it LOOKS like a robot.
And before you go saying what a primitive art form it is, let's see what you've recently made out of a car.

huh thats really cool but nothing anyone hasn't seen before

Fairly certain there's nothing in his insurance policy about turning your car into a robot.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here