TARDIS for Sale: One Careful Owner

Pages 1 2 NEXT

TARDIS for Sale: One Careful Owner

A very special and unique piece of sci-fi memorabilia could be yours, as long as you have a few grand to spare.

The ninth Doctor's TARDIS, the one piloted by Christopher Eccleston, is going up for auction on Wednesday at Bonhams auction house in London. In the show, this TARDIS faced Daleks, witnessed the end of planet Earth and battled nanotech plagues in London during World War 2.

Sadly, this is only a prop and can't travel through time and space, but it's still a pretty cool thing to own, as long as you have the 8,000 - 12,000 the prop is expected to sell for. I must admit that seems a little low to me, but I'm a fan rather than an auctioneer.

The lot is described as "A complete Tardis prop, circa 2005, of painted rasped wood panel and glass construction, the base having painted parquet effect floor, panels fastening using bracket and bolt, having a pair of hinged doors, on with Yale® lock, with windows to doors and signage to front, top section of Tardis with removable "Police Box" signs, interior of Tardis roof with a number of miniature lights, and further interior lighting, the roof with removable lamp to top, height approximately 10ft"

If you want to bid on this piece, or just want a look at the auction house page for it, you can see it here.

Source: io9

A TARDIS that was called by the Lonely Child? My word. Isuppose in reality it would be cool to keep it in my living room or somewhere safe as a panic room.

Calumon: Mooooooommmmyyyyyyy.

I wonder if I could buy it for 10.

...Damn unemployed high school life, I have absolutely no cash.

That sounds good. I lost my last TARDIS. I finally manage to fix the Chameleon Circuit, it turned into a rock and I forgot where I left it.

MINE! I want it!

Anybody want to lend me 7500?

EDIT: I am a careful driver! Honest! It wasn't my fault that my old one blew up in the face of a human female who obviously couldn't fly it properly!

Logan Westbrook:
interior of Tardis roof with a number of miniature lights, and further interior lighting, the roof with removable lamp to top, height approximately 10ft"

So it's 10 feet tall, but what's the area? I'd like to know since it's most obviously larger on the inside.

If I had the money I'd be buying this. In fact, I wonder if I can take out a loan to cover it...

TimeLord:
MINE! I want it!

Double dibs?

TimeLord:
MINE! I want it!

You've got one1 What kind of Time Lord doesn't have a TARDIS?

If I could afford that, I'd make the back a second door and replace my front door with it.

Cpt_Oblivious:

TimeLord:
MINE! I want it!

It pays to have a spare. You never know when your main one might explode in the face of some human female who obviously can't fly it properly!

My god, I want that so damn much.. Just look at its awesomeness!

BRB, planning a raid on the auction house

Cool! I'd want one, but A) I don't have the money for it, and B) I really don't know where I'd put it.

CrazyGirl17:
I really don't know where I'd put it.

I would put it in my bathroom if that was the only place for it! I wouldn't care as the awesomeness would seriously outweigh practicality

Pssh, that's not a Tardis, it's smaller on the inside

TimeLord:
MINE! I want it!

Anybody want to lend me 7500?

EDIT: I am a careful driver! Honest! It wasn't my fault that my old one blew up in the face of a human female who obviously couldn't fly it properly!

We can put our money together!
Though how would we share it?
And where would i put it?
DAMM!
also this is a good moment for this song

If I had the money, I would SOOOO buy that!

damn, hopefully i can get a loan!

If only I had the money :(

TimeLord:

CrazyGirl17:
I really don't know where I'd put it.

I would put it in my bathroom if that was the only place for it! I wouldn't care as the awesomeness would seriously outweigh practicality

Stick a toilet in it!

Want...so want...

Cpt_Oblivious:

TimeLord:
MINE! I want it!

The Master doesn't have a TARDIS, at least I think.

I was about to say, where's TimeLord, hey he's right there.

And we are sure this one won't turn evil and blow up?!

And I better start planning to steal it!

Accomplishment Unlocked : Posting Privileges restored!

I'll bid one Meeeeeeeeeeeleon dollars for this. All I need is the TARDIS for a couple of seconds and I'll have the money for it yesterday.

ColdStorage:

The Master doesn't have a TARDIS, at least I think.

The Master did have a TARDIS, with a working chameleon circuit, but I believe he left it behind when he took up the "watch".

The_root_of_all_evil:
Accomplishment Unlocked : Posting Privileges restored!

I'll bid one Meeeeeeeeeeeleon dollars for this. All I need is the TARDIS for a couple of seconds and I'll have the money for it yesterday.

That is brilliant! I'll give you a hand if i can have it on Weekends!

I would so buy that if I had

1) The Money
2) The Space! Oh god I need the space!

Damn, even if I had the money I dont think I could justify buying that. I mean it would be cool to show of to your friends but really what could you do inside it. Unless its really bigger on the inside.

thenumberthirteen:
That sounds good. I lost my last TARDIS. I finally manage to fix the Chameleon Circuit, it turned into a rock and I forgot where I left it.

That explains where this rock came from, sort of ominous. figured it couldn't be a normal rock. But never really connected it to anything else.

OT:
I really wanted to see a pic of the ACTUAL inside of this box, I've always wondered what it looks like, but sadly Google lets me down and just give me pics of the sets used as the "inside"

If anyone could help, you can have the chameleon "rock"

whaleswiththumbs:

thenumberthirteen:

That explains where this rock came from, sort of ominous. figured it couldn't be a normal rock. But never really connected it to anything else.

OT:
I really wanted to see a pic of the ACTUAL inside of this box, I've always wondered what it looks like, but sadly Google lets me down and just give me pics of the sets used as the "inside"

If anyone could help, you can have the chameleon "rock"

You can see it in the behind the scenes looks they sometimes do. Occasionally it'll have a green screen to overlay another image of the interior, other times it'll just have a picture of the interior, but generally there's nothing. Did you see that episode where Rose saves her father? In that the TRADIS interior is disconnected and he walks inside it. That's what it looks like.

Oh my giddy aunt (!) that's so cool. I hope whoever buys it is a big fan and puts in a pride of place in their house, maybe in a corner of a room!
If I had money to burn I'd burn it on that, but I don't so hay ho.

I could see some rich millionaire snapping this up for an unholy bundle, though it would have been worth a lot more if it were the original TARDIS instead of the 2005 prop.

I'm looking at this and thinking that I could probably have someone build me one for under a grand... and then just lie and say it's the real one.

Jack and Calumon:
A TARDIS that was called by the Lonely Child? My word.

And just like the real one, the phone doesn't work! :-D

I'd put that in my garden, if I had a garden and that amount of money to waste on memorabilia.

DO WANT!
Random : Do you got a phone I can call with?
Me: Yes,it's inside the TARDIS but I think the phone is broken.

oh my god... now, do i cancel my holiday to the states and use the money to buy the TARDIS???

Lol i would SO put at my font door so its actually bigger on the 'inside' when you walk in!

Holy crap that's the most awesome thing I've seen on auction in a very long time... now what can I rob for the funds

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here