Square Considering Final Fantasy V & VI Remakes On 3DS

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Square Considering Final Fantasy V & VI Remakes On 3DS

We'd been told that Final Fantasy V and VI probably wouldn't be remade on the DS, so how about on the the 3DS instead?

In late April, Square-Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto told the world that there were technical issues related to bringing Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI to the Nintendo DS in a way similar to the Final Fantasy III and IV remakes developed by Matrix Software. Hashimoto has indicated that these issues could be resolved with the reveal of the Nintendo 3DS.

At E3 this year Siliconera was able to have a few words with Hashimoto who had this to say about the 3DS: "As you saw from Nintendo's press conference yesterday, there is new hardware coming out. We knew that was coming. We had to make decisions understanding that there were hardware changes in the near future and where want to put our resources."

When asked about the possibility of Final Fantasy V and VI being remade with the new hardware, Hashimoto laughed and said: "No decision has been made. Rather than creating a V or VI for the current DS we want to take a look to see how 3DS does, how it evolves, and then make a decision." This is a much better indication than saying that there are "technical issues" in the way.

The 3DS is allegedly a powerful system, able to run at least a variant of the Resident Evil 5 engine, so it wouldn't be a surprise if any hardware related issues with bringing Final Fantasy V and VI to the DS would be resolved on the 3DS. Many hardcore Final Fantasy lovers put Final Fantasy VI at the top of their list of series favorites due to its depth, complexity, and the inclusion of a berserk Yeti as a secret character. In my personal opinion as one of those that favors Final Fantasy VI, a remake on the 3DS would be incredible. Moogles in 3D? I think my brains just exploded out of my ears.

Source: Siliconera

YES. PLEASE.

-m

Sure. But then the FF7 remake fans will be like What The F***!?

LeonLethality:

Aura Guardian:

That would make it all the more sweet!

Now that I think about it...That would be hilarious.

Matt_LRR:
YES. PLEASE.

-m

what's a stronger word than "hell fk yes!"? lol

Aura Guardian:

LeonLethality:

Aura Guardian:

Now that I think about it...That would be hilarious.

Yes! FFV was my first Final Fantasy and one of the few I actually enjoyed

I can see how there would be demand for a FFVI remake, but V? Seriously, I remember that as really bad :S

All hail VI

Moogles in 3D...? They've been in the 3D games so you've already seen them. I am in favour of this as FFV is my favourite game, it really doesn't deserve enough attention.

Littaly:
I can see how there would be demand for a FFVI remake, but V? Seriously, I remember that as really bad :S

Now, I'm not an opinion Nazi, and I don't wanna start a fight, so let me just say: what the hell, man? I mean, sure the plot wasn't up to much, but it was fun, e.t.c....

OT: Sounds good. I myself don't have a DS, and don't necessarily intend to buy a 3DS, but these two games, everyone NEEDS to play, and I personally would like to see how some characters look and sound in 3D.

I loved V! It is my all time favourite one of all time! I love how it works, and how everything is done so been able to play it once more on a handheld...ill love it!

Hell yeah, Ultros in 3D! Can't wait!

I'm gonna need more money, with all these great games coming out for the 3DS.

Matt_LRR:
YES. PLEASE.

-m

I came in here to post those exact two words.

I would really like this, especially a VI remake.

I think that would be great! Especially if the 3DS turns out to be just as powerful as the PS3 or 360 [stronger than the Wii anyway] and shows off both games in full 3D like with graphics similar to FFIX or, better. I would love to see the WTF look on the faces of the people praying for the FFVII remake if that were to happen xD Not that they can complain as their game got a movie and a couple of spin-offs

Wow... Just when you thought the 3DS could not be more awesome...

That sounds pretty neat. I never got to play FFVI on the SNES and I always hear people going on about how great it was, so I'd like to give it a try.

Anticitizen_Two:
Wow... Just when you thought the 3DS could not be more awesome...

My thoughts, word for word.

Seriously, does buying a 3DS come with a free trip to Disney World too? That's the only way they could make it better.

There can never be to many remakes of Final Fantasy VI, just because it is the BEST FUCKING RPG EVER!

Let's hope for a Final Fantasy (1) remake on 3DS as well!

Oh man I'd love to replay V in 3D ... in 3D I guess all there is to do is wait...

Give me 6 and 9 on the go, and I will be the happiest person ever!

A port of 8 and 10 wouldn't hurt neither! :D

I think these would lose a bit of their charm as 3D games, but I am in support of a remake.

Why remake FFV? You can already get it for the Advance, which is compatible with the DS. My wife is playing it right now (I first played it when it FINALLY release in NA as part of the FF: Anthology package on PS1).

Again, Square - NO MORE REMAKES!
Finish making FF Versus 13 and Agito 13, then move on to NEW games. No more of this remake bullshit. I've already played those games.

Squenix needs to quit defiling perfectly good games! Part of their appeal at least to me is that they are sprites and 2d and poor cheesey animation. People who complain about graphics shouldn't be allowed to get what they want. These remakes are a slap in the face to the original people who worked on the animations

Jamiemitsu:

Littaly:

Now, I'm not an opinion Nazi, and I don't wanna start a fight, so let me just say: what the hell, man? I mean, sure the plot wasn't up to much, but it was fun, e.t.c....

Hey, I don't wanna start a fight either (I'm one of those freaks that holds VIII as one of my favorites, so I'm out on thin ice if I accuse anyone else of bad taste), but I'm all up for a friendly trading of views :P

I just found the story and characters in V so incredibly underwhelming for a FF game, especially considering the games that came before and after. It was like they didn't even make an effort. I guess what really killed it for me was finding out that the villains name was Ex-Death...

... FFV and FFVI ...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!

Now that that is over, I cannot wait for these games, in glorious 3D on a handheld in an awesome facelift. I think I just jizzed in my pants!

Now they need to remake IX and I will be even happier.

6? Yes please, though I would almost rather just have a straight port than a re-make of some kind (like was done with FFIV)

5? Meh.. I hated it the first time so I couldn't care less.

BUT ITS JUST ANOTHER DS!!!!111!!!11!

Oh wait. OT: GIEF NAU!

drkchmst:
Squenix needs to quit defiling perfectly good games! Part of their appeal at least to me is that they are sprites and 2d and poor cheesey animation. People who complain about graphics shouldn't be allowed to get what they want. These remakes are a slap in the face to the original people who worked on the animations

Oh leave it out, they are merely bringing it to a new generation and to people who would like to play through them again, just in 3D and all, they're hardly defiling it, it's still the same game, I mean sprites are nice and all, but if that thing can pack Resident Evil 5 graphics, I say bring it on, they can make it look glorious and not just cartoony like they did with IV and 3.

Just bought Final Fantasy VII on the PS3 store and I can't help but to think how well it would work on the DS. Hopefully they actually do this because I know that it would sell very well and help the sales of the 3DS.

Originally, I was going to try and get the V and VI remakes for the Gameboy Advance. The VI remake in particular is considered one of the best GBA games of all time and I recently obtained a Game Boy Micro, so it seems like it would be a very worthwhile purchase.

However, in light of this news, I might reconsider that idea since I am hoping I will be able to purchase a 3DS upon release or shortly after it. If that turns out to be the case, it might be more beneficial to wait for the 3DS remakes. Besides, there are plenty of other GBA games that I want to have.

Having said that, it would be nice to have the GBA versions regardless simply due to how portable the Micro is. =/ Decisions, decisions...

Can anyone who played the DS versions of III and IV share their experience? Was it a worthwhile rerelease? As far as I know, there was a lot of complaints regarding the III remake, but not so much with IV.

s69-5:
Why remake FFV? You can already get it for the Advance, which is compatible with the DS. My wife is playing it right now (I first played it when it FINALLY release in NA as part of the FF: Anthology package on PS1).

Finish making FF Versus 13 and Agito 13, then move on to NEW games. No more of this remake bullshit. I've already played those games.

They have different teams working on different games you know.

LeonLethality:

s69-5:

They have different teams working on different games you know.

Different teams that could be working on NEW content no less.

I knew Square Enix would be thinking about this possibility.

So, not just Bartz, Terra, Exdeath, and Kekfa in 3D (like in Dissidia?) but also Lenna, Faris, Locke, Celes, Mog, etc., etc. from FF5 and FF6 in 3D? YES. DO FRICKIN' WANT.

Screw FFV, nobody remembers that game. People just assume that it must exist because something had to happen between FFIV and FFVI. No no no. Make it a remake of FFVI and then FFVII. If a FFVII remake on the PS3 will take 500000 billion years, then obviously its time to find difference hardware to development for. Duh.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here