Reggie Fils-Aime Leaks 3DS Release Date

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reggie Fils-Aime Leaks 3DS Release Date

In an appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime indicated when we'll see the 3DS in North America.

Reggie Fils-Aime was on the Jimmy Fallon show this week to promote the Nintendo Wii's upcoming Donkey Kong Country Returns when he let the release window for the 3DS slip. Sorry guys and girls, we won't be experiencing eye-popping Zelda, Starfox, Metal Gear Solid, Nintendogs + Cats, Mario Kart, or Resident Evil in 2010.

While Fallon was shooting peanuts and getting Diddy Kong's head bashed in, he said that the Nintendo DS was his "favorite system out there" and expressed interest in the 3DS. Fallon asked when it was coming out, and Fils-Aime replied: "It's coming out next year." The comment was made somewhat in passing, so there isn't an indication if this means it'll be out next year in North America only or if Japan will be lucky enough to see it this holiday season. Considering how shows like Fallon's are rehearsed, it was probably planned, but either way now we know when to generally expect the system.

Fils-Aime then whipped out a 3DS and got in a nice jab at Sony, saying he knew Fallon "did a little 3D yesterday," referring to a 3D demo of Killzone 3 featured the night before. "With this 3D no glasses are required," Fils-Aime joked. "You don't need to look funky wearing those glasses, you don't need the big expensive TV... everything is right here." If you watch the video of the Killzone 3 demo, Fils-Aime might have missed how Fallon nearly messed himself, but hey that's what these guys do.

Fallon also really loved the 3DS, saying: "Oh my gosh, you've done it! Of course Nintendo would do it!" I hope to have the same reaction when I get my hands on a 3DS in 2011.

Via: VG247

The presenter of that show is so fake it's painful to watch. He's obviously been told what to say and has no interest in video games whatsoever.

I agree with above, this obviously looked like faked enthusiasm.

Either way, 2011? You know I don't have patience, especially when kick-ass games like Gears of War 3 comes out in april 2011? Still, this 3DS technology is fucking amazing and it's still in production, imagine how awesome it will be if they paid much attention to detail.

"How do I jump?" "Press A"

Goddamn...he's supposed to be a Nintendo fan?

Donkey Kong remake looks like rubbish. Coop is fine, but have we really only come this far in 15 or so years?

C'mon.

Can't wait to get my hands on a 3DS and see what it's like.

Wait a sec....Fils-Aime, is that French for paedophilia?

SICK0_ZER0:
The presenter of that show is so fake it's painful to watch. He's obviously been told what to say and has no interest in video games whatsoever.

You should have seen when he was interviewing Cliffy B when he announced Gears 3... he had a couple of guests that he was obviously interested in and then Cliffy B comes on and he just starts looking bored and gives him about half as much time as his other guests...

But that's both a shame and a blessing. I want to play it as soon as I can, but at least now I'll have more time to save up.

EDIT: Ugh... he heard a rumor that there was a 3D Nintendo DS coming out soon? You mean the one that they spend a quarter of their E3 press conference talking about?

Son of a Colossus!

Maybe It was just in passing and didn't mean anything

Please?

I REALLY want to Play KI Uprising :-(

"YOU'VE DONE IT!"

Chill Mr Fallon.

I want one soooo much!

Cool am hoping for it this holiday season but i doubt it'll be available here any time soon for us North American but I'm stilling to go get it when it comes out next year :D

"Last time I played this was on N64." You sure about that, Jimmy?

SICK0_ZER0:

Actually Fallon loves games. He expressed genuine surprise when he saw Killzone in 3D. He has celebrities on all the time (he played Tiger Woods on Wii golf and beat him). Also if you don't remember CliffyB debuted Gears of War 3 on his show

Brotherofwill:
"How do I jump?" "Press A"
/quote][quote="Suskie" post="7.205031.6902451"]"Last time I played this was on N64." You sure about that, Jimmy?

Some Nintendo fan he is :P

OT: I was expecting that.

I don't mind waiting till next year. I recently got a Gameboy Micro and there are several Advance games I want to buy and play before this is released. Besides, it gives me time to save up for it.

Wow......DKC Returns looks great!
I feel good about Retro Studios doing this game.

As for the news about the 3DS.

This will give me the time i need to amass the small fortune ill need for it and the plethora of games i will get at launch.

Damn I'm really dissapointed by this, I was hoping to get it in Nov/Dec this year :/.

OH NO.

MY body was not ready for this.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *melts*

Suskie:

Well really he might have been talking about Donkey Kong 64...

ProfessorLayton:

Suskie:

I know, I know. But this is still DKC we're talking about.

Suskie:

I still think that he had no idea of what he was talking about...

Well, at least it will be no later then my next birthday. I was really hoping it would come out in time for the holidays, I need a new DS quite badly.

At least we'll have around a year before the world ends to play it. :D

Not quite as much a release date as much of a broad release window.

I thought they gave a release date already like March 2011 or something like that. I may be confusing it with that new Star Wars MMO though. Either way I already got enough stashed away to pay for one and will preorder on the first day they start selling them. I got a feeling this thing will fly off the shelves when it becomes available.

Tom Goldman:
"With this 3D no glasses are required," Fils-Aime joked. "You don't need to look funky wearing those glasses, you don't need the big expensive TV... everything is right here."

The thing about the 3D experience is that I WANT it to be on a big expensive screen and not a square on my hand. I want a picture completely filling my peripheral vision while things that surround me pop in and out. The hoopla on 3D is about immersion and having the senses overwhelmed, which is why the the development is happening with the TVs. A little square in my hand is not immersive, it reminds me I'm in the real world.

And the technology apparently works based a gyroscope. I don't know how it will be applied to a large still screen. So for now I can only expect gimmicky controls and games based on it.

I had a chance to try the 3DS out at E3. Well, by "try out" I mean watch the small 3D video they let you see on the device. Honestly I wasn't super impressed. If anything it just seemed like the kind of thing that would make you sick looking at it for very long. If I want 3D, I think a movie theater or living room is the place to have it, not on a mobile gaming device. It's a good thing you can turn it off completely if you want, I guess.

One good thing about the 3DS, though, is that they've finally put a thumbstick on the damn thing. Frankly I'm shocked it's taken them this long...

Damn it, Nintendo! I want it NOW!

Mountains out of molehills. Sure nobody said when the 3DS was going to hit shelves, but I think everyone knew it would at least be next year or early 2012. The earliest anybody could expect it would even be here by holiday this year.

This is basically news out of nothing. Now, if he was a little more specific, I think I would have been a bit more impressed. And the only time Jimmy Fallon sounded excited was when he got his hands on the 3DS.

How did the rumours/hytpe for it coming out this year start anyway? Personally, I was expecting this as Nintendos normal trick is announce it at one E3, show it in more detail at the next one and then release in time for Christmas. I'm betting and OCtober 2011 release date.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading on some site's E3 coverage (either here or on Gamesradar) that the 3DS is due out before the end of the March 2011 fiscal year.

Suskie:

ProfessorLayton:

Suskie:

DK64 may not have been "Country" in title, but it was the last good DK game. Besides, the only real difference between the DKC games and DK64 is that one of them was in 3D where the others were side-scrollers, otherwise they could have easily called the game "DKC64" if they really wanted to and no one would have thought twice about it.

I don't really consider this a "leak". Reggie already stated in an interview with Gametrailers that the 3DS would be out in the US by the end of the first quarter 2011.

SICK0_ZER0:

actually, fallon is a big gamer. its been said repeatedly, and hes regularly had games on his show

The extra testing, and development time for all those launch titles, will hopefully ensure that any major issues are ironed out.
I reckon the 3DS might be the thing that finally sells me on 3D. (thus far I remain unconvinced)

Jimmy makes me miss Conan.

The more i see of DKC Returns the more i think it's an abomination with none of the character of it's predecessors. Do want the 3DS, though.

Delaying the 3DS will also give Sony more time to prepare a PSP 2 to compete with it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)