Red Dead Redemption Players Murder 132 Million People in Two Weeks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

id love it if more games did this sort of thing.

Awwww, 743 of those kills are mine. I feel great now that I've become just another statistic.

GamesB2:
I love these kind of stats.

Like the battlefield 2142 stats that after 2 weeks said people had been playing online for 2000 years or so cumulative.

Always fun to read. ;)

Haha, there was a statistic for like this in TF2 during the first year. I forgot exact what it was, but it was in the ballpark of FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND years.

theironbat46:

Divineirony:
this is why violence needs to be removed from games

That is a poor attempt a sarcasm.

What sarcasm? You dont think mass violence like this has any effect on children's minds?

Divineirony:

theironbat46:

Divineirony:

What sarcasm? You dont think mass violence like this has any effect on children's minds?

The game is rated "M" meaning it's meant for people 18 or older. I can see your point if you were to give a child this game and not pay attention to them at all. It all comes down to parenting. I played Mortal Combat, Blake Stone, Doom, Street Fighter, & Quake when I was young (6 years old to present) and I have yet to go out and try to attack someone, cut them in half, shoot them, et cetera. If you make sure your child knows the game is fantasy and NOT to repeat what they see in fantasies you might find that you can let a child play almost anything.

You can shoot hats off in duels?

Thats cool. *Goes off to get caught cheating at poker on purpose*

Why no numbers of how many people got murdered by those bloody mountain lions, or accidentally rode horses off cliffs? I'd like to say I helped contribute to those figures, but I can't, honestly, as I didn't buy the game until later. (Otherwise they'd be considerably higher... oh yes indeedy... *snicker*)

lol. The Sims. 1.6 Million people have died from not being allowed to go to the bathroom. 1 million from starvation lol. When it Comes to world of Warcraft i think the only stat that would matter is how many Boars have Died.

Kitsune_Bi:
I have nothing against the wolves in that game (yet) but I hav shot more armadillos than was perhaps neccessary. Mountain lions are incredibly annoying though, and deserve to be shot (in the game!). I have'nt actually murdered that many people, but I do have a habit of accidentally mistaking lawmen for hostiles. That happens alot.

Demon ID:
I wonder how many people have shot their own horse while riding it, I know I'd have at least one to add to that tally.

I haven't managed that yet, but I did accidentally shoot my Kentucky Saddler horse while trying to haul away a bounty(I whistled for it and it ran into my line of fire). That horse was faster than my other horses and was worth 750 dollars.

You do know you can get it back by selecting the deed, right?

Glad to be a part of it. All that killing is alot of fun

Stabby Joe:
Hands up if you've done a good chunk of that?

*Raises hand*

*Raises hand*
Got 100% the other day... So many wolves... So many...

Divineirony:

theironbat46:

Divineirony:

Red Dead Redemption is basically one big western, just with more glitches, and no one seems to have a problem with those. It's rated M, so if their parents bought it for them, they must think that they are mature enough to no not to try and pick a fight with a bear, and if they don;t think that they shouldn't have bought it for them. Did you read that article with the man who let his kid play GTA and they kid was SAVING PEOPLE. Don't blame the game.

.. I'm throuoghly impressed I'm part of a tiny chunk.. I always aimed for hats.. and killed my fair share of law dogs. but jesus... 132 million... good job everybody.. take 5 not you though you deserve 10 good for you.

but I agree more games need to do this. and I want to rebuy this game now XD

I thought that PETA would have been all over this but they have not mentioned this on their website...yet

awesome

Hooray! If we're counting Multiplayer I've contributed over 4000 to that count. (counting NPC enemies and just random targets) And Singleplayer... Maybe another 1500?

Wonder how many people died to cougars?

Stabby Joe:
Hands up if you've done a good chunk of that?

*Raises hand*

*raises hand*
me 'an my Buddies did at least... 10% of it together.
Yay mass murder!

Wow, I thought that this was serious at first.

i find it interesting that 22 spend 28 of theyr ingame life in jail, personally i just fled or shot evryone following me in case of shit
did 3400 or so kills on humans and 2350 on animals so i did a chunk, never stole a horse or robbed anyone. arson i did about 20 times, and i played 24 hours or soo, and drank about 50 liters beer

IckleMissMayhem:
Why no numbers of how many people got murdered by those bloody mountain lions, or accidentally rode horses off cliffs? I'd like to say I helped contribute to those figures, but I can't, honestly, as I didn't buy the game until later. (Otherwise they'd be considerably higher... oh yes indeedy... *snicker*)

I lost 5 horses to the evil cliff monster! It just eats bullets...

I like the new statistical approach that game developers are taking. I loved Bungie's Halo 3 heat maps, and just the weapon kill stats in general.

I understand that this isn't "new", but just the sheer volume of statistics available to the players definitely is.

I haven't killed a lot of people but the wolves...
those goddam wolves...

And the cougars! Why, last week I was out picking flowers and 4, count 'em, FOUR cougars attacked me outta nowhere.

Wow.

I'm suprised the numbers aren't higher. The hell are you doing, people? Start killing, dammit!

Demon ID:
I always like to know things like this, I wish more game companies would give us this information. I wonder how many people have shot their own horse while riding it, I know I'd have at least one to add to that tally.

Twice here.

Also so many Wolves died because the damn things like rushing you in groups of 4-6. I got the the point where I'd ignore wolves if they left me alone, but they never did. If your species' reaction to John Marsten with a gun is to rush at him Darwin says let them die.

132 million impressive and a tad scary.

Wow...Thats alot! I love how they have tracked it! Ad to think thats only the stats they could track, imagine who ot online

Well, depopulation Texas wouldn't be the end of the world. I actually think we could do without the Iraq war for one. Thinking of it this way it does show how many people we kill in games compared to how many we kill in real life. There's a buttload vs a few. Yeah, games makes us so violent that the few gamers who also happen to be sociopaths raised poorly and have access to guns might shoot someone. I would say this is pro gaming statistics as it shows there are plent more virtual murderers than real ones. Yay.

MDSnowman:

Demon ID:
I always like to know things like this, I wish more game companies would give us this information. I wonder how many people have shot their own horse while riding it, I know I'd have at least one to add to that tally.

Twice here.

Also so many Wolves died because the damn things like rushing you in groups of 4-6. I got the the point where I'd ignore wolves if they left me alone, but they never did. If your species' reaction to John Marsten with a gun is to rush at him Darwin says let them die.

I agree, Their's so many facts I want to know, like how many times did Mr Marston use the "i've got a wife" excuse or how many people like me threw TNT into herds of cattle out of anger of being told yet again to herd.

we are so good at what we do. just aim for the head and keep shooting

...and when they'll tell you how they got these informations, you're gonna start being paranoid about privacy policies...

The wolves deserve better. Those cougars don't. A whole pack of wolves is no problem since it's so easy to see and hear them coming. Cougars are fucking ninjas man.

Congratulations comrades, let's all pat each other on the back for this great step forward!

Imagine how quickly a gamer army could mobilize, and the damage we could do in 2 weeks? Warning to Hilliary Clinton, don't ban video games, or thou shalt feel the wrath of the gamer.

Yopaz:
Well, depopulation Texas wouldn't be the end of the world. I actually think we could do without the Iraq war for one.

Are you implying that texas is the reason for the war on terror, and that you wouldn't mind all of the soldiers to be dead? Because that what it looks like. But I don't live in, nor have I ever been to texas. And I'm pretty sure I'm not dieing anytime soon. Sorry to bust your bubble.

but wait..? How does that make any sense?
Did you seriously just say "We gamers aren't really that bad" and "I don't care if all of Texas was killed" in the same sentence? Ah, yes you did.

Can we see the stats of the "average player?" I want to see how much I've overplayed.

And I'm disappointed by the low bear-kill count. Bears are the ultimate enemies in the game, come on, people! (And if you don't believe that, you HAVE NOT done the higher level Hunting/Gathering challenges that make you wander about in Tall Trees... You WILL die in there at least ten times from Bear Sneak Attacks)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here