Red Dead Redemption Players Murder 132 Million People in Two Weeks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

RamboStrategy:
Can we see the stats of the "average player?" I want to see how much I've overplayed.

And I'm disappointed by the low bear-kill count. Bears are the ultimate enemies in the game, come on, people! (And if you don't believe that, you HAVE NOT done the higher level Hunting/Gathering challenges that make you wander about in Tall Trees... You WILL die in there at least ten times from Bear Sneak Attacks)

Oooh yeah. I know all to well. I guess Rockstar seems to think bears are as silent as they are large, and travel in packs of 5.

Mcface:

RamboStrategy:
Can we see the stats of the "average player?" I want to see how much I've overplayed.

And I'm disappointed by the low bear-kill count. Bears are the ultimate enemies in the game, come on, people! (And if you don't believe that, you HAVE NOT done the higher level Hunting/Gathering challenges that make you wander about in Tall Trees... You WILL die in there at least ten times from Bear Sneak Attacks)

Oooh yeah. I know all to well. I guess Rockstar seems to think bears are as silent as they are large, and travel in packs of 5.

I find myself thinking that, after becoming a Legend of the West and killing over a hundred bears, they're organized. Like the Covenant, but in the Old West.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if I rode into Armadillo to see everyone dead behind a group of three bears, with the biggest one in the middle wearing a top hat and monocle, smirking, saying, "Hellooooo there, Mr. Marston! We've been... expecting you."

Sonicron:
132 million...

I'm no historian, but I have a feeling that's more than the entire population of the USA at that point in time, or at least the Western USA.

gmacarthur81:

WanderFreak:
It makes the game that much more humorous when I picture it populated by drunks shooting wolves from the train. And cows.

Damn that's a lot of cows.

No that's a lot of steak.

MMMMMM!!!!

Nice animated photo

I have to say, I find that they are able to get this information to be more than a little scary...

I love getting stats like these. I don't murder people though in RDR... although there have been several... mistakes made. To the nearest telegram station!

What I want to know is how much sweet justice was issued out to the cougar population... and bears, those things must also suffer...

Logan Westbrook:

It's interesting to see how people are playing the game, especially when you start working some of the numbers backwards and seeing what they say about the 'average' player, and how that experience aligns with your own. It would be fascinating to see these kind of stats in a MMOG like World of Warcraft, or a sandbox game with a more open focus like The Sims and get an insight into how people play when they have so many options.

Acutally this would be fascinating just about any game out there!

I came into this thread thinking that it was another one on a gamer going on a real life killing spree. And found myself thinking, "Now they're getting creative if they've managed over one hundred million in one go." Does that make me a bad person?

Oh gosh, when I first read the title, I thought it was referring to one person...

Heart, start again now.

I'm surprised they haven't celebrated this in-game, or have they?

gmacarthur81:

WanderFreak:
It makes the game that much more humorous when I picture it populated by drunks shooting wolves from the train. And cows.

Damn that's a lot of cows.

No that's a lot of steak.

MMMMMM!!!!

We're going to need a big-ass grill for this BBQ.

is there a stat for how many people were mauled by those stupid mountain lions?
or killing any grizzly bears

How long before these stats show up on Fox News.

Wow, just checked some facts on google.

The players more people than Mexico's and America's populations combined at that time period.

is there any story after

Last time I checked, I have 530 headshots :D So I contributed for sure.

I'd love to see the disarm stats... I always went for disarms in fights so that I could walk up to them and butt-end them with my rifle or stick it up under their chin before blowing them away.

Oh, so it's not REAL people?

The wolf population is fine. If I had a nickel for every time they respawned seconds after I got the last one, I'd be rich.

Xyphon:
You do know you can get it back by selecting the deed, right?

Yes, but I was poor then, as I spent all my money on guns. Although I do have it back now,after winning $600 on Liar's Dice, which is good.

Really just 132 million thats nothing

Hardly suprising. RDR is the best western game ever made.

To be fair, a majority of them deserved it. ESPECIALLY the animals.

They never mentioned that a majority of those people tried to kill you.

Woooooow, that's a very, very large number. How is that even possible? And to think they reached that number WITHOUT my help, I'm not sure whether to be concerned or proud.

I was responsible for every single statistic on that page.

Furburt:
Why do I see the military suddenly looking at that statistic and thinking "Hey, maybe these gamers have potential?"

Yay, we managed to kill more than WW2! In 2 weeks!

We are such saints. Kung Fu Jesus would be proud.

OT: Me and my friend probably contributed at least 2000 of those kills.

thethingthatlurks:
See, video games don't make us violent! I have a hard time imagining that 132million would be killed in real life if Live went offline for two weeks...
Poor wolves though, they deserve it less than those bloody mountain lions...

those son of a bitchs need to die, i swear they have cloaking devices.

Now to collect data from how many hours sunk into a single RPG game.

Mcface:

Yopaz:
Well, depopulating Texas wouldn't be the end of the world. I actually think we could do without the Iraq war for one.

Are you implying that texas is the reason for the war on terror, and that you wouldn't mind all of the soldiers to be dead? Because that what it looks like. But I don't live in, nor have I ever been to texas. And I'm pretty sure I'm not dieing anytime soon. Sorry to bust your bubble.

but wait..? How does that make any sense?
Did you seriously just say "We gamers aren't really that bad" and "I don't care if all of Texas was killed" in the same sentence? Ah, yes you did.

Not sure if you knew that a sentence ends with . so I didn't say those 2 in the same sentence. As for the part you actually quoted, that's a joke, you might have heard about those things before, read up some here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke. I started the post with a joke involving something from the article then I made the serious post afterward. Learn to take jokes and not get offended or the internet can be a really scary place for you.

Yopaz:

Mcface:

Yopaz:
Well, depopulating Texas wouldn't be the end of the world. I actually think we could do without the Iraq war for one.

Are you implying that texas is the reason for the war on terror, and that you wouldn't mind all of the soldiers to be dead? Because that what it looks like. But I don't live in, nor have I ever been to texas. And I'm pretty sure I'm not dieing anytime soon. Sorry to bust your bubble.

but wait..? How does that make any sense?
Did you seriously just say "We gamers aren't really that bad" and "I don't care if all of Texas was killed" in the same sentence? Ah, yes you did.

Not sure if you knew that a sentence ends with . so I didn't say those 2 in the same sentence. As for the part you actually quoted, that's a joke, you might have heard about those things before, read up some here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke. I started the post with a joke involving something from the article then I made the serious post afterward. Learn to take jokes and not get offended or the internet can be a really scary place for you.

I wasn't offended at all. If im not offended by people trying to kill me, I dont think some guy I don't know on the internet will have much of a chance. And I don't really see how your joke is funny, actually it was so unfunny I couldn't even tell it was a joke, maybe, sir, you should read the article on how to tell a good one.

and most of it was people finding inventive ways to murder jeb murphy, voiced by anthony cumia of the radio show Opie & Anthony

Divineirony:
this is why violence needs to be removed from games

Love the sarcasm.

A typical night in Mancher then.

I spilled my drink thanks to the title.

Does "murdered" in this case mean innocent NPCs, or all people who have been killed at all?

thethingthatlurks:
See, video games don't make us violent! I have a hard time imagining that 132million would be killed in real life if Live went offline for two weeks...
Poor wolves though, they deserve it less than those bloody mountain lions...

That's a fantastic point actually.

Next time there's a huge scare about some kid going on a rampage who once played "Barney's Hide and Seek" or some other ultraviolent game, the "games are not evil" crowd should compare the numbers of people killed in-game to the numbers of people killed in real life. And the controversy would just melt away like butter in a hot frying pan.

(No, I have no idea where that similie came from either.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here