Beavis and Butt-head Are Back

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Ewyx:
Ok, how about we get Daria instead... or maybe not, let's not ruin it.

Dude don't even suggest it. Daria would end up an emo that cuts herself while reading Twilight in the current marketplace... It's bad enough they are going to ruin one of the best shows of the 90s with this B&B remake, but for gods sake leave Daria alone.

tkioz:

Ewyx:

Dude don't even suggest it. Daria would end up an emo that cuts herself while reading Twilight in the current marketplace... It's bad enough they are going to ruin one of the best shows of the 90s with this B&B remake, but for gods sake leave Daria alone.

hence the other part of my post...

The worst parts of the show were when they did the music videos, and they are bringing that back? Even MTV doesn't show music videos anymore, why would Beavis and Butthead?

I guess it is "iconic" to do the music videos, but I never met anyone who said that they liked em.

Looking back I can't imaging how I ever thought those two were funny, but somehow during my hormone filled adolescence, I did.
I've also since then seen and heard things that are a great deal more stupid and offensive than Beavis and Butt-Head. Like say most of Cartoon Network's late-night line up for example. X

Ewyx:

Because Daria left off on an appropriate ending, while Beavis and Butthead ended off with them walking into the sunset with money. Plus they can always riff on the garbage of music thats on these days.

Heh-heh-heh-heh cool. That would rock.

If they can bring back Aeon Flux as well... And the original Celebrity Deathmatch.

And, while we're at it, all the music videos.

Hell, just take the whole station back to the 90's and time-loop it in there.

Im more afraid the the whole show will 'progress' just as MTV did. Back when it started it was something fresh, some different way of showing all the happily sprouting rock/metal culture in contrast to the more shiny, flashy and pretty pop. Sure it was stupid but i was supposed to be stupid, it was on the surreal side of the spectrum of junk television productions. I dare to say it was quite intelligent in its stupidity, or even "It charged right through the stupidity and came out on the other side as something completely different" .

These days MTV is one of such 'mainstream' and 'bland' televisions, the countless, idiotic and mundane shows about how a spoiled 16 yo gets her dream b-day ruined by herself, all the dating shows or other forms of 'reality-tv'. Hard to get rid of the feeling the show will end up tame and less abstract for sake of MTVs target audience.

Fappy:
Well look on the bright side. Maybe we'll have an excuse to actually watch Mtv for the first time in over a decade.

And yet it still won't be able to save it. Apparently MTV is under the assumption that rock n' roll is, in fact, noise pollution.

Echo136:
People still watch MTV?

Yes, apparently some deranged maniacs derive entertainment from the endless marathons of Real World/Road Rules Challenge, despite the fact I believe neither show is still on the air (feel free to correct me).

i never understood why people liked this show, wasnt very funny, and as others have said the idiotic hehahahaheh hur dur hur de hurr shit was rather annoying.

bak00777:
i never understood why people liked this show, wasnt very funny, and as others have said the idiotic hehahahaheh hur dur hur de hurr shit was rather annoying.

Because it was endlessly entertaining if you got into the mindset. It's something many, many people never get, but it required a complete mental shut down that made it perfect for de-stressing. Beavis and Butt-Head Do America got me through my last set of exams single-handedly.

Actually, Beavis and Butt-Head Do America is still one of the best films I've ever seen. It's got enough bizarre interweaving sub plots to give JJ Abrams a headache, but is still monumentally funny. I welcome this revival and all the hours of sitting in front of a TV, laughing at nothing it will bring.

Good news but I'd much rather have King Of The Hill back...=(

I never really watched the show (never cared for MTV, even when they actually played videos), but I believe I saw the movie three times in the theaters and I now own the DVD, so I'm somewhat excited they're coming back...even though I won't watch them again thanks to the channel they are on.

will make a nice change from the masses of reality tv rubbish MTV is full of these days. Alas, I can't help but feel this will take Beavis & Butthead from being snarky teenagers mocking anything that isnt "true metal" to alienated adults who no longer get what "da yuth" are into.

Andy Chalk:
Beavis and Butt-head was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on television and I lamented the fact that such sub-standard garbage could become an entertainment touchstone for an entire generation.

Beavis and Butthead was wonderfully pointed satire, you shut your whore mouth! If Judge is behind it, I'm interested in seeing it, although it seems to signal a surrender on his part. I never thought he'd be revisiting his old stand-by material - maybe he just got that sick of doing King of the Hill.

Now herei s a name I have not heard of in a long time...all I can here now is rollercoaster of love...XD

The best part about Beavis and Butthead, and what alot of people seem to intentionally forget when talking about the series, was Mike Judge's social commentary (well, there was also the people making fun of music videos, something our culture seems to be decidedly lacking since B&B's finale). Sure, it was a show revolving around two idiots that do stupid things, but far too many people seem to have missed the intelligence behind it. I recall watching a few episodes on MTV a few months back and noticing that there were actually a few intelligent comments being made by Judge through his idiot avatars.

Reboots ruin shit.

At least Beavis and Butthead will take the bullet. Sorry guys, but I never cared too much about ya'll. It's better to see you sacrificed then something more sophisticated like Daria...

Gaderael:

For.I.Am.Mad:
The greatest joke about the original was that Mike Judge was making fun of the very people that tuned in to watch it.

He did the same thing with King Of The Hill, the only difference is that at least some of the people who watched Beavis and Butthead understood that they were being made fun of along with the bands being skewered each episode.

True... Hah. Although I wasn't aware that King of The Hill was made by the same guy, but the satire in that show is more then visible in most cases.

Before they do this maybe MTV should change the name of their damn station from Music Television to something that actually portrays what they have become...

but will feature the current generation of musicians and movies<------- just ruined the entire season there. 90% of todays music is horrible and is iether about rape, abuse, shootings (thats most of the rap genre), suicide, breaking the law, or random shit that only has a meaning to the band itself. I say if they want to keep Beavis and Butt-head as great (ok it sucked but it was a funny great) keep it like it was in the 90s. Even so it would be interesting to see the two feth up a twilight or Avatar skit.

Billion Backs:
Reboots ruin shit.

At least Beavis and Butthead will take the bullet. Sorry guys, but I never cared too much about ya'll. It's better to see you sacrificed then something more sophisticated like Daria...

Gaderael:

For.I.Am.Mad:
The greatest joke about the original was that Mike Judge was making fun of the very people that tuned in to watch it.

He did the same thing with King Of The Hill, the only difference is that at least some of the people who watched Beavis and Butthead understood that they were being made fun of along with the bands being skewered each episode.

True... Hah. Although I wasn't aware that King of The Hill was made by the same guy, but the satire in that show is more then visible in most cases.

Dude Hank, Peggy, and Bobby were occasionly in Beavis and Buttt-head episodes, Hank was a WWI and WWII veteran, Peggy was stil his wife, and Bobby was stil a blond fat kid (difference was he had a mullet and is slightly older then his KOTH counterpart)

obisean:
Even MTV doesn't show music videos anymore

They do, its just earlier off in the morning.

I already posted the link to the announcement well before this was made, but ill repost the link.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a239712/judge-planning-more-beavis--butthead.html

Mike Judge is currently working on it, and is working on 30 episodes, so he must have a few ideas. Also, if MTV here didn't accept, he would of aired them online instead.

Tazz Azreal:

Billion Backs:
Reboots ruin shit.

Gaderael:

For.I.Am.Mad:

Dude Hank, Peggy, and Bobby were occasionly in Beavis and Buttt-head episodes, Hank was a WWI and WWII veteran, Peggy was stil his wife, and Bobby was stil a blond fat kid (difference was he had a mullet and is slightly older then his KOTH counterpart)

I haven't really seen much of these two shows. I've seen Beavis and Butthead does America movie where the KoTH characters appear, but I've thought it was just a parody. I was always more of a Daria fan, and I know that she did originally appear in Beavis and Butthead...

I still remember what Mike Judge said, when first asked about how he came up with such a stupid set of characters:

"Really, I just felt they were a reflection of the youth at that time."

Which, to be perfectly honest, makes a whole lot more sense than I dare imagine. It's good to see he'll stay behind this reboot and I wonder how he'll portray the youth of these times...heheh...heheh....hehehehheh...huhuh...huhuuhuhuh...that'll be COOL!

Uh, like...that's cool. Uhuhuh. Uhuhuh.

Seriously, this is still my all-time favorite comedy show. You have no idea how glad I am that they're bringing it back. Even if it sucks, I will watch.

In fact, I'll say it. This is the most excited I've been about a news story. Ever.

This does beg the question: Did they ever really go away? Really?

I'm looking forward to this, and glad to see Mike Judge is working on it.

please please destroy Bieber

Gaderael:

Ewyx:

You'd rather watch Diarrhea than Beavis and Butthead? You make me sad.

Beavis and Butthead permanently warped my Brain when I was about 12 years old

and it seems you have not aged a bit, since then.

Oh no....not again...

I mean ok they were funny...but not anymore.

Fappy:
Well look on the bright side. Maybe we'll have an excuse to actually watch Mtv for the first time in over a decade.

No, that's just what they want you to think. MTV is struggling to stay "relevant" (and I use that word very loosely, since they were really never relevant).

uhhh idk what to think haha...never got into it when it was originally on air (probably a bit too young tho idk if I woulda wanted to watch this stuff anyway loll)

I just pray they don't mess it up like everyone does with most of these desperate revivals. I just think it was great with how it is.

Best news MTV has ever had.

Mike Judge is perfect at driving people away with the inane, taking the humor low brow, and then delivering with sheer genius.

Weed out the anal retentive, and reward those with not a damn thing better to do.

My favorite episode is the one where they were selling candy for school and kept trading back and forth the same loaned dollar. Then the organizer grabs them only to be saved by the coach who yells out... "I'll kick your candy ass."

The 2000s sucked completely, going back to the 90s for a bit isn't so bad.

Sometime after I started playing WoW I cancelled cable simply due to me never watching TV. Now, finally, after all these years, I have a reason to get it back.

I'll pass thank you.
Just about anything is better than that show IMHO. Hell I'd rather watch King of the Hill than Beavis and Butt-head, and I'll only watch KotH if personal mutilation becomes boring.

They canceled King of the Hill for THIS?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here