Rumor: Microsoft Killed PC/Xbox Cross Platform Play

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mornelithe:

murphy7801:
that would be nice but consoles are pretty casual affairs everyone plus there dog plays my pet hate "COD MW 2"

True, but it shouldn't mean all FPS' have to cater to the casual crowd.

Agreed but just look at way things are going sadly

murphy7801:

Mornelithe:

murphy7801:
that would be nice but consoles are pretty casual affairs everyone plus there dog plays my pet hate "COD MW 2"

True, but it shouldn't mean all FPS' have to cater to the casual crowd.

Agreed but just look at way things are going sadly

Yeah, just means I can be more picky with the games I buy, really. The saddest part is, I take no game at face value anymore. There's no commercial or hype machine that can suck me in, simply because I don't believe a word out of their gold-digging mouths. If I haven't researched it online prior to launch, odds are, I'm not going to get it.

Late to the party as usual. I don't think gamepad for FPS supporters can say much until someone wins one of those computer olympic FPS competitions using one against people playing with mice. You can use gamepads in most FPS for the PC, so I think it strange that all those in competitions use mice and keyboards.

The point I actually wanted to make was that this is not a question about whether consoles or PC's are better. In fact the consoles have won out since everything is developed for them now and PC owners are luck to get ports of some of the games. What I find crazy is that console owners don't get the option to use a mouse. On the PC, I get the choice of using the right controller for the job, mouse for FPS, RPS; Joypad for games like Assassins Creed, Prototype; Steering Wheel for driving games; Joystick and throttle for flight sims.

Console owners do not get the same choice and that is why they suffer. I understand the reasoning. consoles are meant to be different to PC's, so if you allow mice there is not enough of a difference. But since consoles have now nicked everything else PC's can do, surfing the internet, looking at youtube videos, watching DVD's, why not nick being able to use whatever controller you want.

Oh and the mouse and keyboard combo is now old news. What people are starting to use now (me included) is a mouse game-board combo. Mouse for accurate aiming and game-board with analogue thumb stick for precise movement and lots of keys for everything else, best of both worlds.

Late to the party as usual. I don't think gamepad for FPS supporters can say much until someone wins one of those computer olympic FPS competitions using one against people playing with mice. You can use gamepads in most FPS for the PC, so I think it strange that all those in competitions use mice and keyboards.

The point I actually wanted to make was that this is not a question about whether consoles or PC's are better. In fact the consoles have won out since everything is developed for them now and PC owners are luck to get ports of some of the games. What I find crazy is that console owners don't get the option to use a mouse. On the PC, I get the choice of using the right controller for the job, mouse for FPS, RPS; Joypad for games like Assassins Creed, Prototype; Steering Wheel for driving games; Joystick and throttle for flight sims.

Console owners do not get the same choice and that is why they suffer. I understand the reasoning. consoles are meant to be different to PC's, so if you allow mice there is not enough of a difference. But since consoles have now nicked everything else PC's can do, surfing the internet, looking at youtube videos, watching DVD's, why not nick being able to use whatever controller you want.

Oh and the mouse and keyboard combo is now old news. What people are starting to use now (me included) is a mouse game-board combo. Mouse for accurate aiming and game-board with analogue thumb stick for precise movement and lots of keys for everything else, best of both worlds.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here