Comic-Con Hilariously Strikes Back Against Hate Church

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Well shit. I suppose I should have looked here before making a thread. But yeah, I'm really happy that they're doing this. Makes me proud to be a nerd, and makes me wish I was at comic con.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite news post of the day.

frankly, i wanna go visit the "free spanking for Jesus" girls shown in the picture gallery.
hallelujah ;)

I've had a chance to sit down with a pastor and we talked about Westboro. Fred Phelps' story is a pretty sad one. He was a pretty solid figure in the civil rights movement and was well-respected. He's even run for office as a democrat a couple times. But then he started changing. He went from a good man to a man full of hate.

Now, no other church supports Westboro and it's mostly Phelps' family who attends. Westboro is called a Baptist church, but they aren't affiliated with any Baptist organization. Why? The Baptist conventions refuse to have anything to do with him.

I will reply to this.

After I stop laughing.

Fan-fucking-tastic! It's always nice to have my faith in mankind reaffirmed. Good geeks fighting against a common evil. What dreams are made of!

I particularly like the leather girls and the leather-repo guy.

Reminds me of the leather pride parades, but with more superheroes :P

My fave is the Odin sign.

LOL! those are awesome. I love the Inigo Montoya one most now lol.

Somedays I feel like there's just too much evil in the world, and then I get news like this that reminds me how awesome people can be. Go Comic-con nerds, go!

John Funk:
Nerds 1, Westboro Baptist 0.

That can't be WBC's score; zero is a rational number. They don't work like that at all. Even Fred Phelps' hat is sized in multiples of the square root of -1.

SaintWaldo:

John Funk:

That can't be WBC's score; zero is a rational number. They don't work like that at all. Even Fred Phelps' hat size is a multiple of the square root of -1.

But irrational numbers are pretty cool. You can't lump those fucks in with Pi.

Pi is awesome. Also π is used in science, and science is the devil. In fact fractions and decimals are just tools used by the liberal bias media to vote in African American presidents who love gays and hates, their specific part of whatever goat molesting state they're from.

Cue westboro baptist church signs saying "God hates protesters".

Dr. wonderful:
THE POWER OF NERDS COMPELLED YOU!

In spy, we trust.

Kind of Oxymoronic though, isn't it?

(Both statements, now that I look at it...)

Thats hilarious! Especilly Commander Shepherd thing! Made me laugh so hard!

I loved the Commander Shepherd one.

Nice to see that nerds can kick the arses of the disturbingly unaccepting any day of the week.

I like the one that said Odin is God

The spy should definitely have been in the WBC group with a paperplate mask on.

Poor Church.

Outgunned, outmaneuvered and outphilosiphied.

I saw this coming WBC getting owned.

I love the Commander Shepard one.

Oh, man... I love it!

Instead of ruining the nerd event of the year, the morons have had a taste of their own medicine :D

Those photos are hilarious!
Well done to everyone there who refused to let those jerk offs ruin their day!

That's the coolest thing I've seen all week! :D

There's one that says (on the far right):
"HALLO
My name is Inigo Montoya
You killed my father
Prepare to die"
I couldn't stop laughing.

I wonder if WBC is going to do a counter-counter-protest?

I saw this picture of the protest on another site, and I just have to share it.

*sniff* So much win...

I kinda want to hear the Westboro Cultist Twats' response to all this.

KeyMaster45:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

Life is beautiful for a gamer and the nerd. No community has ever unleashed a greather wrath then us. Remember Mass Effect. Remember Comic San, Westboro, you shall never win and we will never falter.

Aw, another thing that makes me regret I wasn't able to go to ComicCon!
Stupid different continent...

burntheartist:

SaintWaldo:

John Funk:

That can't be WBC's score; zero is a rational number. They don't work like that at all. Even Fred Phelps' hat size is a multiple of the square root of -1.

But irrational numbers are pretty cool. You can't lump those fucks in with Pi.

Pi is awesome. Also π is used in science, and science is the devil. In fact fractions and decimals are just tools used by the liberal bias media to vote in African American presidents who love gays and hates, their specific part of whatever goat molesting state they're from.

Now normally I'd pull a "Most Christians aren't like that" speech, but considering how WBC has more or less said that, I'll join you in this chant.

This gets the Commander Shepard seal of approval.
If only somebody made it... >.>

Oh dear God, this just made my day. Thank you, Gamers and Nerds everywhere. You have leveled up.

free hugs pyro ^_^
SPY CHECK!!
I cannot hug him so hes on my team.

awesomeness.

I loved the Commander Shepard one.

if i was there i would been holding this

I think my favorite one was "Is this thing on?"

MrSnugglesworth:

Dr. wonderful:
THE POWER OF NERDS COMPELLED YOU!

In spy, we trust.

Kind of Oxymoronic though, isn't it?

(Both statements, now that I look at it...)

Hey hey hey, don't ruin it!

Yeah you right, I should change it!

We are. Through License of our own damn selves. We create. We destroy. We create anew. We are the eye that follows the course and the aim of the stars, the ear that hears the tree fall in the forest, the hand that create the new software, the voice that sings the song. Your church cannot stop us. Because all you of are idiots! WE ARE NERDS. Get out of the f__king way!

How is that?

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN NERD!

This is why you don't mess with nerds.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or