Comic-Con Hilariously Strikes Back Against Hate Church

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Man, this is just great. A whole bunch of nerds with a sense of humour get together to make everyone's day just a little weirder. I saw, among other things, a Bender, a Robin, a Pyro, and several scantily-clad women. When these people get together, it is not physically possible for them to be wrong.

"ODIN is GOD"

reminded me of a hilarious article I read for a final project I had to do for history. It's pretty similar to Cracked.com's articles, so here it is:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/norsereligion.html

they cannot win, nerds have sheer numbers on their side

Straying Bullet:

KeyMaster45:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

Life is beautiful for a gamer and the nerd. No community has ever unleashed a greather wrath then us. Remember Mass Effect. Remember Comic San, Westboro, you shall never win and we will never falter.

What do you mean by, 'Remember Mass Effect'?

Free hugs!

There is just so much awesome in that picture. -XD

I think this is my favorite protest sign:
Nerds win, WBC loses. They'll never recover from this humiliation.

Saw this on a lot of different sites where people were organizing. Was pretty cool that they all actually went and did it. Shame I couldn't go...

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite protest at the Citidel."

I laughed waaaay too hard at that.

Absolutely wonderful. I wish I was there.

I need to go San Diego. At least the protests are more entertaining than the G20 ones.

And on that day, the Nerds stood in the streets and proclaimed EPIC WIN!

...and God was pleased

My only regret now is that I was not present for this...

oktalist:
My faith in humanity is restored.

For now...

OT: Way to be Comic-Con! Weight of numbers and attitude will win the sign war!

Cliff_m85:
I dig it alot. Though I have to admit, amongst flak, that I do support the Westboro Crazies simply because it shows the beauty of Freedom of Speech. I'd rather have nutters saying that some nonexistant deity hates something rather than some nutters strapping on explosives.

I get ya there, but I would just as soon see less ignorant people out there altogether. If that church had the slightest bit of brain cells among them, they would be getting into cosplay and sharing leaflets with con-goers. Instead they do absolutely no good whatsoever.
I have my faith, and enjoy my comics and gaming. Please don't hold all christianity at fault for what these nutjobs are doing.

yes just... yes

"I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite protest at the citadel"
I love these people.

Grayson Illo:

Straying Bullet:

KeyMaster45:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

Life is beautiful for a gamer and the nerd. No community has ever unleashed a greather wrath then us. Remember Mass Effect. Remember Comic San, Westboro, you shall never win and we will never falter.

What do you mean by, 'Remember Mass Effect'?

Oh that, Fox News accussed Mass Effect containing full frontal nudity`and whatever false accussations. They had a 'debate' on their own channel, featuring Lawrence Cooper [ Some kind of 'psychologist' ] and a vivid gamer, I forgot where he was. Basically, Lawrence made so many false accussations, saying Mass Effect is a sexist game etc etc and whatever retarded shit.

She has a book she wrote, posted on Amazone. Gamers unified to give it one-star ratings, writing blogs until they finally made Cooper apologize infront of the entire gaming community. She never played the actual game until she suffered our wrath.

I suppose that covers it.

This just made my day!

The one thing I said was:
Westboro Church= FAil.

Would have been funnier if the Pyro held up a sign that just said "HUDDA HUDDA HUH!"

Seriously, I salute you nerds. Dealing with religious racists the right/fun way.

burntheartist:

SaintWaldo:

John Funk:
Nerds 1, Westboro Baptist 0.

That can't be WBC's score; zero is a rational number. They don't work like that at all. Even Fred Phelps' hat size is a multiple of the square root of -1.

But irrational numbers are pretty cool. You can't lump those fucks in with Pi.

Pi is awesome. Also π is used in science, and science is the devil. In fact fractions and decimals are just tools used by the liberal bias media to vote in African American presidents who love gays and hates, their specific part of whatever goat molesting state they're from.

Actually, if you read my post a little closer, you'll see I was comparing the guys to imaginary numbers (that's one of the things you get when you take the square root of a negative), not irrational ones. Imaginary numbers are real-world useful in describing and measuring periodic or repeating (sine-like) events like voltage phase.

If anything, the Phelps' definitely repeat a sequence, something irrationals by definition don't do. Which should leave this metaphor properly bent to the snapping point.

mezmerizer02:
brother, they don't really believe in god. they use him as a way to make millions off of people when they cross pickett lines and try to bring harm upon their "peaceful" protests. don't spew your omnipitent being stuff here man. we're all gamers, get along with the fact some of us might actually be a part of the non-crazy "monotheistic" stuff. please?

Hey dude, I didn't mean to cause offense. I've no problem with monotheists, I was just commenting on their exploitation their own God. Had they been a rabble of rampant pagans I would have said "Polytheistic Shits". On retrospect I should have worded my post a bit better...

Jonluw:
Cue westboro baptist church signs saying "God hates protesters".

GOD HATES NERDS!

Years after he created the Earth, God said let there be awesome and man created video games

I am in basic definition a nerd and my name means god favours me, take that westboro church (this is not what my sign would say just a comment to what the person above me said)

If God hates nerds explain Mass Effect 2

Furburt:
Gentleman, I salute you.

Nerds: 1
Bigots: 0

Your move, Phelps.

I know! He'll make another website "God Hates Geeks" and campaign to outlaw anything resembling geekish activity. This comic-book burning, picketing Marvel's main office and praying to God that he smites the heathanistic people who worship Star Trek and Superman rather than a God who-ultimately- isn't even the main character in his own story.

This is about the most awesome protest I have *ever* heard of. And it's about the only valid response we can send these people who won't always respond to rational talk. Nerds 1, Westboro Baptist 0 indeed!!

wow and to think the wbc thought they were actually going to make a point but instead became another fun site at the ol' comic- con.

SaintWaldo:

burntheartist:

SaintWaldo:

John Funk:
Nerds 1, Westboro Baptist 0.

That can't be WBC's score; zero is a rational number. They don't work like that at all. Even Fred Phelps' hat size is a multiple of the square root of -1.

But irrational numbers are pretty cool. You can't lump those fucks in with Pi.

Pi is awesome. Also π is used in science, and science is the devil. In fact fractions and decimals are just tools used by the liberal bias media to vote in African American presidents who love gays and hates, their specific part of whatever goat molesting state they're from.

Actually, if you read my post a little closer, you'll see I was comparing the guys to imaginary numbers (that's one of the things you get when you take the square root of a negative), not irrational ones. Imaginary numbers are real-world useful in describing and measuring periodic or repeating (sine-like) events like voltage phase.

If anything, the Phelps' definitely repeat a sequence, something irrationals by definition don't do. Which should leave this metaphor properly bent to the snapping point.

i think any time you protest a funeral you get a negative to your score

Wow I hate extremists like these making my religion look bad, I did not see the 10 Commandments it saying "Thou shalt not vapourize alien scum to save humanity in a simulation"

hell this is great i hope somthing happens like this in october in london

...........well. Nerds rule. Simple as.

Great job ^_^

DAMNIT, I wish I was there - I even had a sign in mind that would have worked great - "God hates people who think they know what He hates (Yes, we are aware of the irony)"

satanslawer123:

Oh? I thought the trol - I mean, West-thingy church was banned from my fair island home?

This was much cooler in real life. Now I wish I could see it again

Awesome. That's all I have to say.

satanslawer123:

Hell yeah! That would be awesome.

OT: I wish I was there, looks like it'd be a lot of fun just to see it first hand.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here