Comic-Con Hilariously Strikes Back Against Hate Church

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Awesome as some of these signs are, I can't help but imagine how much more awesome this could have been with some dudes holding placards saying:

CAREFUL NOW
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING

If I ever got the opportunity to do something like this, that's what I'd do.

You know what all these OTT christian churchs always forget, God loves everyone, he may hate what they choose to do but he still loves them. So I tend to shut off right around the time when they say God hates so and so.
-sigh-
But that is what you get when you give humans a powerful means of control, some nut goes and takes it a mile off course (bear in mind this does include politics and all other such things).

Please don't judge us normal christians based on the actions of the few, definitely, out of sink members.

Scobie:
Awesome as some of these signs are, I can't help but imagine how much more awesome this could have been with some dudes holding placards saying:

CAREFUL NOW
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING

If I ever got the opportunity to do something like this, that's what I'd do.

Maybe a counter counter protest protesting the protests themselves ^^. Then it would be battle of 3 armies.

"IN THE OVERMIND WE TRUST"

Hahahaha, there's just so many good signs there. Kinda wish I could've used this as a follow up for an earlier report I did on these Westboro radicals...

This makes me so happy ^_^

Fifty points to Gryffindor!

Fucking awesome.
I hope those church-goers realize what they get when you take yourselves too seriously around nerds. We mock the fuck out of you.

You see what happens, Larry?

Hahaha this was great....although the Commander Shepard one would have been funnier if they actually dressed up like Shep lol

I can't think of a better way to shut up nutjobs like the Westboro Baptist Church. Way to go guys. Considering I live five minutes away, I'm sorry I didn't join you.

this proves god loves us nerds otherwise he wouldnt have made us this creative

Hardly surprising, I mean when I first heard those bigots would be protesting my first thought was what kind of creative counter-protest are we going to get haha!

More people are willing to make funny comments than partake in serious bigotry. That's a good sign.

I'm probably not the first to say this, but...

So... much... WIN...

someone should have had a sign that says "everyone holding a sign is gay"

it wouldnt help anything just be funny to whoever did that

Epic win. And I emphasize the "epic."

I love my people. We need to do shit like this more often.

A saying comes to mind, I'm not sure if it was said in referance to Marvel's Thor, but:

"My God has a hammer. Your God was nailed to a cross."

Well, if picketing a comic convention in the name of God wasn't embarrassing enough for these morons, this should do the trick!

Want tot see more of this, I swear if more people follow after what Con goers did the news might just get funny.

Drown them out. Good call. Worked for the bikers that revved their bikes loud enough to drown out the Westboro dolts who tried to protest a series of funerals a few years ago.

Thankfully, their media appearances have been growing more and more infrequent. Soon enough, no one will care about them anymore, as it should be now.

About time for some good news.

Holy Warp Flutes and Green Goomba's Boots! This is awesome! It's great to see that the westboro church has been bested by the Comic-con attendees.

Straying Bullet:

Grayson Illo:

Straying Bullet:

KeyMaster45:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

Life is beautiful for a gamer and the nerd. No community has ever unleashed a greather wrath then us. Remember Mass Effect. Remember Comic San, Westboro, you shall never win and we will never falter.

What do you mean by, 'Remember Mass Effect'?

Oh that, Fox News accussed Mass Effect containing full frontal nudity`and whatever false accussations. They had a 'debate' on their own channel, featuring Lawrence Cooper [ Some kind of 'psychologist' ] and a vivid gamer, I forgot where he was. Basically, Lawrence made so many false accussations, saying Mass Effect is a sexist game etc etc and whatever retarded shit.

She has a book she wrote, posted on Amazone. Gamers unified to give it one-star ratings, writing blogs until they finally made Cooper apologize infront of the entire gaming community. She never played the actual game until she suffered our wrath.

I suppose that covers it.

Old post but hey thanks for explaining. Pissing off gamers never end well.

*cheers in glee and joy*

WE HAVE DEFENDED OURSELVES WITH GREAT POWER.....CAKE AND ICECREAM FOR ALL.

KeyMaster45:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

-EDIT-
I can't wait to see if we hear any reactions from the WBC protesters about the counter protest.

this.

you troll a nerd, prepare to be ambushed by a horde of trollness right back.

this is so fucking awesome. god i wish i was apart of that.

if they ever come back to my town...im going to try and represent just about every single fucking thing that they hate, and put it all into one costume+sign and run right through there group cult huddle meeting thing.

It's wonderful to see such things happen, I was surprised by how few westboro people their seemed to be by the pictures, something like 3 tops?

Anyway, well done nerds you have given us a great victory :) Now all I wish is that I had something like this to do in England. Mass team fortress 2 demonstration at houses of parliment anyone?

I just thought of another sign they could have used

"Our Trolls are genre savvy"

So....
Beautiful!

Endocrom:
I just thought of another sign they could have used

"Our Trolls are genre savvy"

"All praise to the Crystal Dragon Jesus and his everloving love?"

Now these guys are true heroes.

Bigotry never lasts long in the U.S, well, it doesn't last anyway.

I think the WBC needs to understand that you don't mess with nerds. Were Genre Savvy, were smart and cool... Were the type of people look your shit up and already have a counter measure ready for you. So Fred... Geeks are a no go area, we fight dragons and take over galaxies as a hobby... You guys are just push overs and jokes.

Aw man...There's no way I can pick one favorite sign. "Is this thing on?" May be one of the tops though. And Spy at the furry convention? Saving that picture, for sure.

Part of me wants WBC to make an appearance at FanExpo, but I can't remember if they're even in Canada.

Maybe I'd rent a huge sound system, and all the counter-protesters could have a dance party. Techno remixes of video game music? Hell yes.

That's it mates, give 'em a gob full.

Fucking. Awesome! XD

Wish I was there. It's nice to see crazy idiots get one upped by those they seek to inflame.

Humor and geekiness trumps hate, so why not hold comic conventions in the middle east? If they had better shit to read, maybe they wouldn't be so angry :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here