Zynga Angers Gamers With Flubbed Street Racer Shutdown - UPDATED

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Going out on a limb and saying to keep Street Racing up and running was probably a large loss of money.

Suddenly I have images of minivans filled with middle-class housewives and overworked businesspeople descending on Zynga's headquarters, then leaving shortly after with its back to the flames.

Marmooset:
"We're closing down the escapist. But if you liked that, try 4chan!"

See you there, assrapist!

lol, I like your comparison

It's amazing how poorly this was handled, hell, it's downright IMPRESSIVE how stupidly this was done.

basically it was saying:

We are deleting all of your purchases, instead purchase new things on our other stores games

I also like how they said they would credit any purchases

in the last 90 days

That doesn't seem fair to me at all, considering it costs them nothing to credit these people since these are VIRTUAL ITEMS, they should credit everyone for EVERY CENT of "stuff" they are deleting, after all, if you bought it, and they are taking it away, it's not fair to only compensate for some of the stuff you bought that they're destroying. Even if it is legal because of the EULA or whatever.

That said, I'm glad Zynga messed up, I hope they do it more often.

uvlght:
Going out on a limb and saying to keep Street Racing up and running was probably a large loss of money.

Why is it that whenever some news story about Zynga's newest stupidity appears, at least one person makes a new account, and a post or two defending Zynga before leaving?

I can't imagine half a million users is drawing a loss for something that could probably be kept online for at least a year by my checking account.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here