Cyborg Arm Designed Only To Eat Potato Chips

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Cyborg Arm Designed Only To Eat Potato Chips

You've might have issues if you need a mechanical arm just to avoid getting your hands greasy while eating chips.

There's a mechanical limb being sold in Japan that couldn't be more uselessly awesome. Takara Tomy's Potato Chip Hand is the perfect gift for anyone that wants to avoid the horror of greasy fingers, but still wants to eat potato chips.

As demonstrated by this noticeably not-Japanese guy on Japanese television, chopsticks are no way to eat chips. No, for a task like that you need something much better: You need the Potato Chip Hand! Does it sound like a simple product? Well think again, because the Potato Chip Hand has patented features that make it better than any cyborg arm you've ever seen before.

It uses the "No Broken Clutch System" (I'm guessing the video's "clunch" means "clutch") that will ensure it'll never break a chip no matter how hard you squeeze the trigger. The "No Touch Table System" keeps the hand from touching whatever slimy or gross table you might be placing it on when not chomping on chips. Takara Tomy has really thought of everything, and it's only around $8.

You know, the Potato Chip Hand seems silly, but I really do hate greasy fingers. If I'm using a keyboard, mouse, or game controller, it's annoying to get Dorito cheese crumbs all over them. This might actually be one of the greatest inventions of all time. Too bad I have to go all the way to Japan to get one. If someone's in the neighborhood, pick one up, will you?

Via: TokyoMango via io9

BEHOLD a new method of lazyness!

Cyborg means cybernetic organism, this is mechanical.

That little grievance out of the way, is anyone else remembering the extraordinarily surreal Japanese commercial Joey did in Friends? Because the commerical for this is even weirder. What the hell is that badly dubbed American doing there?

Anywho, I don't tend to eat when I game, so I don't need this, but it still looks like it might be handy, for something, maybe...

I am eating chips right now, and greasy finger are annoying.

Damn i've always find it hard to use chop sticks to eat crisps, thank God for this new invention now I can eat them without that hassle.

Has anyone made a Death Note joke yet?
No?
Good:

Now, where was I...
Oh, right.

That'd be helpful when I play games and CAN'T TAKE MY HAD OFF THE CONTROLLER FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS!
Greasy hands my ass.

lolll "As demonstrated by this noticeably not-Japanese guy on Japanese television"... I just keep a handy napkin/paper towel/hand towel around to wipe my fingers with if I'm eating at the computer

This is the best thing I've ever seen someone come up with! I want one!
And by "No Borken Clunch System", and Clunch should be Crunch?

But... Tha... Wha...?

Ah, that's all I'd need a cyborg arm for...

My God....yet another reason for me to move to Japan!

Mechsoap:

It looks like far more work than just using my hands.

I just dump the chips from the bag directly to my mouth, no greasy hand ever.

Bit of a slow day in the news department, Escapist?

It seems like more of a hassle than a necessity to use that arm, I'd rather just use my own hands.

This is just an excellent invention. The amount of times I wipe my hands on my trousers before returning to my keyboard. I may buy this if it comes to the UK and is simple to use. Saves on constantly washing my trousers after they are covered in dust from crisps and what not.

It's like that robot arm in Short Circut designed to flip people off; totally useless but still fun.

That sounds pretty good to me, although I don't eat potato chips that often.

Mechsoap:

What's so lazy about it?

It takes the same amount of energy to pull the lever on the device as it does to pick the thing up yourself, only now, you don't get greasy thingers, which ARE annoying.

No longer will the fat and lazy be oppressed by the need to lift their arms!

MelasZepheos:

It's plastic...

Yeah!

Wait, what?

I'm so disappointed. I expected an actual robotic arm that you could mount on your shoulder and it would feed you chips when activated or something. This looks more like glorified tweezers :(

Sneaklemming:

MelasZepheos:

It's plastic...

Cybernetic Organism: Containing both biological and artifical values ie.a nervous system encased in metal, a living skin over metallic body

Mechanical: Of or relating to machines or tools.

This is a tool, doesn't matter what it's made from, it's not biological, therefore not a cyborg arm. It's not even cybernetic, because that refers more correctly to artificial intelligence.

MelasZepheos:

Sneaklemming:

MelasZepheos:

It's plastic...

Cybernetic Organism: Containing both biological and artifical values ie.a nervous system encased in metal, a living skin over metallic body

Mechanical: Of or relating to machines or tools.

This is a tool, doesn't matter what it's made from, it's not biological, therefore not a cyborg arm. It's not even cybernetic, because that refers more correctly to artificial intelligence.

mb I thought it had to be metal to be mechanical... for some reason...

OP is a liar. Arm doesn't eat potato chips, it only grabs them. I wanted to see an arm eat potato chips, you wasted my time.

MelasZepheos:

That little grievance out of the way, is anyone else remembering the extraordinarily surreal Japanese commercial Joey did in Friends? Because the commerical for this is even weirder. What the hell is that badly dubbed American doing there?

Anywho, I don't tend to eat when I game, so I don't need this, but it still looks like it might be handy, for something, maybe...

This.

Also: YAY! I simply hate greasy fingers and I've been looking for something like that.

So when do you think one guy is gonna be too lazy to wack it, so he makes a shameless rip-off of this thing?

Great. Now all the fat-arses of the West will jump-or rather they won't out of lack of energy-at the chance to get one of them.

TheNamlessGuy:
No?
Good:

Now, where was I...
Oh, right.

That'd be helpful when I play games and CAN'T TAKE MY HAD OFF THE CONTROLLER FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS!
Greasy hands my ass.

DAMN IT! Every time I'm going to put up a video someone beats me to it. Oh well, still awesome.

Would I ever buy it? No. Do I, however, find it annoying when I get ship salt/seasoning/etc. on my fingers and would this device likely solve the problem? Yes.

Yeah because we couldn't get anymore lazier

How does it do with hot pockets? I wouldnt worry so much about chips, but this thing would be perfect for cheetos. I absolutely hate cheesy fingers, and there's no easy and clean way to get rid of them.

hmmm, I will stick to my latex gloves to bypass this problem, my mighty bag of crisps shall never be touched with such devices.

TheNamlessGuy:
No?
Good:

Now, where was I...
Oh, right.

Greasy hands my ass.

Jesus this was all I thought about as I read this XD

I suppose it will have a use somewhere...though, its a step in right direction at least!

Well...It is a step closer to a minigun mounted cyborg arm...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)