Call of Cthulhu Explained in Just 120 Seconds

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Call of Cthulhu Explained in Just 120 Seconds

Not sure what this whole Call of Cthulhu thing is all about, but were too afraid to ask? Here's a two minute primer, so you can be afraid of what you know instead.

You might have heard the name of Cthulhu, the great destroyer that slumbers beneath the waves, but you don't know much else about him. You're eager to learn, having braced yourself for unspeakable horror, but you're not quite sure where to start.

Well, wonder no longer, as Brothers Grim and Grimy have prepared a two minute primer for Cthulhu's first appearance, the short story Call of Cthulhu, complete with animations and an accessible and non-threatening "valley girl" narrator.

Aside from a funny script, the animation has lots of little "blink and you'll miss them" visual gags to enjoy as well. Possibly the best thing about the video though, is that as silly as it is, it's also quite informative, and gives a pretty good summary of the story, but at the same time makes you interested in reading it.

Source: io9

I still don't understand much... And that girl's voice was just annoying....

If you look at the globe there is a giant shape called bp's mess :D

Yay, now even the stupid, short attentioned or short memoried can learn about our lord Cthulhu.

Heh that was kinda funny. Love all the references (missed the Discworld one the first time).

So now we all know too much... 0_O

I want to learn about Cthulu D:

Unfortunately my internet hates me these past 3 days and my download speed is so low I can't watch videos...

GiantRedButton:
If you look at the globe there is a giant shape called bp's mess :D

i noticed that, and new zeland is replaced by middle earth!

Hell yeah! All praise Cthluhu and his awesomeness! ;-P

Sinclose:
Hell yeah! All praise Cthluhu and his awesomeness! ;-P

What's Cthulu? Damn! If only there was some kind of image someone was using, an avatar if you will, so only I knew!

But that's the way of the world, I'm afraid..

I think that just broke my mind and not in a good way

A'I Dagon, A'I Hydra, A'I Cthulhu...that's from the book right?

I dunno. I think I should actually read it now. Unless squid-boy wants to come after me O.O

It's nice, but I prefer games told in 60 seconds.

Now you all know too much... my leader won't be pleased.

I always preferred Nyarlathotep.

Well, that was incredibly annoying.

Bah, he is not evil enough even to enter the Fortune 500 list :P

ehhh... that was kinda lame

Kuchinawa212:

I dunno. I think I should actually read it now. Unless squid-boy wants to come after me O.O

You might be thinking of, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." A famousish creepy chant with lots of glottal stops about how Cthulu is only asleep and is going to eat us for breakfast.

She totally made the story sound lame. Everyone should actually read it, it's much better.

Like, thank you totally tubular narrator chick, I like, totally get this Cthulu biz now. Far out.

NOOOOOOOOOOO she murdered my brain with that language :(

Haha, well that summed up what I've wondered about Cthulu. Also, I loved the little jokes in the video. Pretty funny.

Like, so funny, like yeah!

... oh no...

Amusing, but the video didn't even touch upon the deeper themes of the story/mythos, nor the infamous Lovecraftian politics. So yeah, amusing, but meh...

Flamezdudes:
She totally made the story sound lame. Everyone should actually read it, it's much better.

Arachon:

She really did make it sound lame, all the time having a really annoying voice and saying really annoying things.

Yep, pretty much.

Although it doesn't let you imagine all the full horrors of a chibi C'thulhu bas relief.

I still don't get why people are frightened by Lovecraft's stories. Though CoC:DCotE made me shit my pants.

MatsVS:
Amusing, but the video didn't even touch upon the deeper themes of the story/mythos, nor the infamous Lovecraftian politics. So yeah, amusing, but meh...

It's title is "Call of Cthulhu in 2 Minutes," how deep did you expect it to go? Based on the title, it's kind of expected to only have, like 2 minutes of depth =P

Arachon:

Yeah, this. I don't exactly feel enlightened..

More Fun To Compute:

Kuchinawa212:

You might be thinking of, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." A famousish creepy chant with lots of glottal stops about how Cthulu is only asleep and is going to eat us for breakfast.

Aww I never wanted to be a breakfast snack to a big old squid guy that makes you insane...=[

Sacrificing humans, and stuff......yay.

Couldn't stop laughing at "BP'S MESS - Your Problem."

Seriously, that just made my day.

Thats weired, I just got Call of Cthulhu for pc today.

it was funny, and somehow i did not like the voice of that girl... too arrogant

This 2 days after I buy (another) Lovecraft Anthology and 2 hours after I get one of my friends to read the opening paragraph of 'The call of Cthulhu'. Creepy.

Not a bad annotation but really leaves out all the suspense and insanity of the story.

Edit: in retrospect, this really wasn't an annotation at all, and rather a summary. Stupid vocabulary blending on a Sunday afternoon.

Everytime she says "Like"

God kills a good video.

Loved the "BP's mess" on the globe.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook