Pooh Bear Fan Art Stuffs Chewbacca With Fluff

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pooh Bear Fan Art Stuffs Chewbacca With Fluff

A new series of illustrations shows how cute Star Wars could be if it were set in the world of Winnie the Pooh.

It's probably safe to say that some of the best Star Wars artwork that's come out has been created as fan tributes to the franchise. One of my favorite examples in recent memory was a series of Victorian portraits showcasing some of the more iconic characters from the films. Now, a new series of great illustrations have been unveiled, combining the worlds of Star Wars and Winnie the Pooh with some adorable results.

The artwork is from delightfully geeky pop artist James Hance, who has created a number of spectacular pieces featuring Star Wars characters in the past. This series of four images depicts Han Solo as Christopher Robin and Chewbacca as the famous bear all stuffed with fluff. R2-D2 even makes an appearance as Piglet.

I was never a huge fan of the film version of Pooh, probably because of all the merchandise I had to deal with when I worked at Disneyland, but I did enjoy A. A. Milne's book when my parents read it to me as a child. Hance's artwork reminds me of the quiet, lovely, illustrations that I looked at while I sat in their laps. Hopefully Hance will put some more of these pieces on the Web for the rest of us to enjoy in the near future.

Source: Buzzfeed via Geeks Are Sexy

DAAAAWWWWW! I wanna chewie plushie now!

Is kind of funny seeing as how the creator of Winnie utterly hated the series.

Cracked

inb4 Ultimateownage

Pooh makes everything better.

I...what is...happening...I ca...oh I can't fight it! It is just too darn cute! I never thought Chewie could actually look cute, but they some how pulled it off.

Remember everyone, Christopher shot first.

The_root_of_all_evil:
inb4 Ultimateownage

That was beyond awesome.

"Silly ol' be-wookie." Nah, just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? That TF/HAW comic is ace though!!

Dr. wonderful:

The_root_of_all_evil:
inb4 Ultimateownage

That was beyond awesome.

OK SOMEONE somewhere need to makes a TF2 skin with the Winne the Pooh characters

Still, I like the Calvin and hobbe version better.

You fantastic people.

Dr. wonderful:
Still, I like the Calvin and hobbe version better.

I was about to say the one where Han is dragging Pooh/Chewy up the ramp was adorable. But I think I gotta vote for this one now

Interesting fact: A.A. Milne cursed winnie the pooh till the day he died because he knew it would forever overshadow everything else he had done.

Am I wrong that Disney "killed off" Christopher Robin (the creators' son and inspiration for the whole thing) and replaced him with a girl as the central human character?

Dr. wonderful:
Still, I like the Calvin and Hobbes version better.

Pooh v. Hobbes!

Just wait till the rule 34. Nothing is sacred anymore..... Nothing....

The_root_of_all_evil:
inb4 Ultimateownage

And now my life is complete.

That is quite scarilly adoreable the opening image, lol

I remember that from my childhood!

I wonder how different the Ewoks would look in this style?

Oh wait...

The_root_of_all_evil:
inb4 Ultimateownage

God dammit I was going to post that >:(

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
This thread is my childhood.

This is one of the best threads ever.

And to kind of contribute:

The_root_of_all_evil:
inb4 Ultimateownage

fucking awesome

To continue with adorable Star Wars characters,
Awesome.

manythings:
Interesting fact: A.A. Milne cursed winnie the pooh till the day he died because he knew it would forever overshadow everything else he had done.

Seriously. He discovered faster-than-light travel, but is he known for that? No. He invented the time machine, but is he known for that? He even dabbled in a little animal love, but is he known for that? No.

But, you write one beloved children's book...

chewbacca looks so cute as a stuffed animal!

It would be quite awesome to see a whole Pooh book rewritten into the Star Wars mythos. This might be the guy to pull that off.

I guess I'm fairly unique in saying "Yuck" here.

Not meaning to be a Grinch, but I think it's cuteness that has ruined Star Wars at the hands of Mr. Lucas himself. With things like Jar Jar, The Ewoks, and some of the stuff he edited into the backround of various scenes, the last thing we need is more "cute" when it comes to Star Wars.

I pretty much feel that if your going to do stuff with that universe you should treat it seriously, as that is what attracted me to it to begin with. The victorian portraits were generally okay for what they were... but "Chewbacca Goes Pooh" is just wrong, especially seeing as that's what the Ewoks arguably already were.

I'd probably feel differantly had the universe not already been sullied by things that never should have been put there. What's more given Disney's involvement with Star Wars (at MGM and so on) I almost fear the thought of someone seeing these and deciding to actually spin it off into an official sub-franchise or something.

Awwww, that is cute.

Therumancer:
I guess I'm fairly unique in saying "Yuck" here.

Not meaning to be a Grinch, but I think it's cuteness that has ruined Star Wars at the hands of Mr. Lucas himself. With things like Jar Jar, The Ewoks, and some of the stuff he edited into the backround of various scenes, the last thing we need is more "cute" when it comes to Star Wars.

I pretty much feel that if your going to do stuff with that universe you should treat it seriously, as that is what attracted me to it to begin with. The victorian portraits were generally okay for what they were... but "Chewbacca Goes Pooh" is just wrong, especially seeing as that's what the Ewoks arguably already were.

I'd probably feel differantly had the universe not already been sullied by things that never should have been put there. What's more given Disney's involvement with Star Wars (at MGM and so on) I almost fear the thought of someone seeing these and deciding to actually spin it off into an official sub-franchise or something.

Well, I think the major difference here is that the stuff Lucas did with the Ewoks etc. Were meant to be taken seriously, they are part of the canon. This stuff however, is not, it's a work by a fan, probably more for their enjoyment, than trying to establish some sort of serious Star Wars tie-in.

And personally, I thought this was awesome, I really like the original Pooh books, and I remember my mother used to read them for me when I was a child, so the fact that Mr Hance drew this in the style of the original illustrator, Shepard, rather than that bastardization by Disney, is heart warming.

I hope the Disney version dies in a fire.fornicate my childhood will you...

Also, one must not forget Soviet Pooh:

CK76:
Am I wrong that Disney "killed off" Christopher Robin (the creators' son and inspiration for the whole thing) and replaced him with a girl as the central human character?

Dr. wonderful:
Still, I like the Calvin and Hobbes version better.

Pooh v. Hobbes!

too... much... win...

Can one thread contains this much cutenes?!

Still that is adorable.

Dawwwww, Cute Chewie<3

awwwwwww

chewie pooh

Too... much... cute...ness...GAAAAHHHHH!

This thread is so full of awesome right now.

By the power of all things nerdy, I hereby grant these pictures the prestigious title of'Awesome'.

LET THE FEAST BEGIN!

Paksenarrion:

manythings:

Seriously. He discovered faster-than-light travel, but is he known for that? No. He invented the time machine, but is he known for that? He even dabbled in a little animal love, but is he known for that? No.

But, you write one beloved children's book...

He wrote a lot of plays and books that he was really proud of but winnie the pooh was a story he wrote for his son and it was, in all honesty, a thing he just kind of tossed off. How would you feel if everything you ever did you considered worthy was overshadowed by the fact that you once did something one afternoon that you never considered worth noting?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here