Sex Predator Uses Xbox Live to Victimize 10-Year-Old

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Sex Predator Uses Xbox Live to Victimize 10-Year-Old

A grown man in Florida was recently caught exploiting a boy in California via Xbox Live, providing online credits in exchange for nude photos.

Stories about creeps exploiting kids online are, sadly, a regular part of the news these days. However, even playing videogames can prove to be risky if a child isn't being supervised. Case in point: A 22-year-old man in Florida managed to sexually victimize a 10-year-old boy across the country via Xbox Live.

Timothy Hammerstone of Polk City, Florida, apparently was playing with the boy, who lives in Folsom (a city near Sacramento, California), via Live and turned their gaming sessions into something much more serious and scummy.

According to Folsom Police Officer Jason Browning, "the juvenile was sending the suspect illicit pictures of himself, nude pictures of himself at the suspect's request. The photos were sent for credits on XBox Live."

After Hammerstone and the victim met online, the man set up a separate Xbox Live account for the boy so his parents couldn't monitor what he was doing. Exactly how Hammerstone was caught isn't really clear. Presumably the boy's parents found out about what was going on and contacted Microsoft and/or the proper authorities.

From the sound of things, it seems like the victim's parents were aware of Xbox Live's family settings and were using them to create a safe play experience for their son. Unfortunately, Hammerstone managed to find a way around these safeguards.

Personally, I hate hearing stories about adults preying on kids like this. I hope they throw the book at Hammerstone and he gets sent to prison for a long, long, time.

Source: CBS 13 via GamePolitics

What a sick fuck. These people disgust me.

Doubt he'll last long in prison, though...

That's horrible. But I find it strange that the kid didn't find it weird that the man asked him for nude pictures.

I hate people like him. I hope he gets what's coming for him.

Ekit:
That's horrible. But I find it strange that the kid didn't find it weird that the man asked him for nude pictures.

He probably did, but credits are credits.

Gross. At least the parents TRIED, better than I can say for most cases.

theSovietConnection:

This, guys like him get torn apart in prison pretty damn quick and I can't wait till this bastard meet's his cell mate.

What a fucking disgusting little prick of a man. People like these make me sick to the stomach.

What the hell has gone with the world these days?!

That sounds like a sweet deal for the kid. If anybody wants nudes of a hairy 21 year old in exchange for credits, I'm down.

Okay, this time, no blaming on the parents. this time they actually TRIED something :D

But still, thats what you get when you are willing to not pay for gamerpoints, but you still want it.

I wonder if the Moral Guardians can link this to Video Games.....again.

I hate peapole that do things like that they need to be pured by death.... a slow one too.

dalek sec:

theSovietConnection:

This, guys like him get torn apart in prison pretty damn quick and I can't wait till this bastard meet's his cell mate.

If I remember right, wasn't it the pedophiles and cop-killers that got brutalized over other felons?

theSovietConnection:

Child offenders are bottom of the totem pole in prison. He'll be ripped to shreds.

The things that get done to the guys in prison for preying on children is some great justice. They have nothing but disgust for pedophiles behind bars.

As a side note: Damn you Florida! Why do all the creepy fuckers come from my state?!

http://badbadteacher.com/andrew-foster/

Here's a lovely site detailing a teacher from the high school I graduated from.

horrible stuff, but the name hammerstone sounds bad in the first place.

well on this matter i have very simple solutions, since America does have death penalty just kill the prick.

I know it´s seems drastic but it´s just my opinion has an uncle of tree nephews, and i mean every word i said.

Paedophiles: being completely sick fucks since the dawn of time.

Pedophiles while always find ways around the system if they are determined enough.

Still, its heartening to see the parents at least tried.

Darth Caelum:
I wonder if the Moral Guardians can link this to Video Games.....again.

If they do they'll scare parent away form letting their small kids play online, and the suppossed amount of high-pitched kids on XBox-live might be reduced... Gotta look at the bright side of things.

Oh fun just another thing that says video games are bad. Even though this is through the peripherals for the console and has absolutely nothing to do with video games themselves.

Its quite obvious that its XBox Live's fault.

This sick fuck better get what he deserves. Makes my blood boil this does.

awsome yet another reason for little kids not to play XBL

theSovietConnection:
What a sick fuck. These people disgust me.

Especially since even convicts seem to have some sort of moral code; not even they take kindly to child molesters.

I don't understand why everyone is saying just how disgusting that guy is. The first thing that came to my mind is why the kid was so stupid and how did the parents let something like this happen.

Ekit:
I find it strange that the kid didn't find it weird that the man asked him for nude pictures.

Live kiddies would do just about anything for 'credits'. That's the truly sad part of this, really...

Very good thing it was stopped before it could go any further, and you can bet this 'Tim' is going to get a well-deserved hard time in prison.

Gross. What an ass.

tbh anyone can use the internet to do sick things from xbox live to facebook and something has to be done to prevent this

Let's hope this guy gets a life sentence. It's scary that the parents were using the parental controls, moreover... Hopefully Microsoft looks into this incident and learns from it.

He should have know better. I mean, only Kings of Pop get away with this sorta things...

I kid, I kid. I love the man. MJ that is, not Hammerstone.

Terrible that this sorta things happend.

T-Bone24:

theSovietConnection:

Child offenders are bottom of the totem pole in prison. He'll be ripped to shreds.

I he deserves that. Sick fucks that does this. I cant really grasp why they are sexually actracted to children? WTF? Anyways a tip to the sicko.

Dont drop the soap!

Damnit! I knew I should have gone with a 360 D:

tomtom94:
Paedophiles: being completely sick fucks since the dawn of time.

Mackheath:
Pedophiles while always find ways around the system if they are determined enough.

Still, its heartening to see the parents at least tried.

I just love how people confuse paedophiles with child molesters.

OT: Well, that's just...wow. I find it odd that a child would do that. oO
I'm certain the guy will get sent to prison.

That's pretty twisted.

So, what's the punishment for the kid's prostitution?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here