Team Ninja Reveals Ninja Gaiden 3

Team Ninja Reveals Ninja Gaiden 3

Ryu Hyabusa is coming back in a brand new videogame ... but not until next year.

In an announcement that surprises absolutely no one, Tecmo Koei has revealed that a third Ninja Gaiden game is currently under development. The revelation was made at a private dinner event in Tokyo this week, but the game won't be on display at the Tokyo Game Show.

According to GamePro, "the game is so early in development, the developer only showed journalists a piece of concept art. The image, however, defines both the new game's direction and the new identity of Team Ninja." The concept art can be seen at right.

Meanwhile, according to Shack News, "Ninja Gaiden 3 will still be the blood-soaked romp players have come to expect, but it will also delve into the 'human side' of main protagonist Ryu Hayabusa."

Team Ninja won't be revealing any information about the game until "early next year." Even the game's platform hasn't been announced yet (though, presumably, the 360 and PS3 will be on the list).

Source: GamePro via Shack News

I kinda enjoyed them i guess.. got to repeative and frustrating near the end.
I think il either rent NG3 or get it when its uber cheap. I made the mistake of getting number 2 on release thinking the game would be so good it ejectulated stars... i was so wrong.

Please ffs don't have the stupid purple blood on ps3.

I played Ninja Gaiden Black. I liked it. I tried Ninja Gaiden 2 demo. Didn't like it. Hope Ninja Gaiden 3 has a demo too.

Jesus. The HUMAN side of Ryu... After Other M, what's with Team Ninja and trying to make their characters human?

Other than that, I don't think this game will hold up without Itagaki. At least I can hope that it will be somewhat better than 2.

Am I the only one immature to laugh at the fact that the title looks like Ninja Gay-den?

Anyway, could be interesting. What were the first 2 like? (apart from hard, or so I heard)

I'm extremely excited about this one.. but concerned to see how it does with the whole "human side of Ryu" and what it will be like without Itagaki at the helm.

Valkyrie101:

Anyway, could be interesting. What were the first 2 like? (apart from hard, or so I heard)

The series actually started way back in the arcade and then on the NES, but the first 2 in the modern series are best described as balls to the wall tough as nails combat heavy action games. Think of something like God Of War, then scale the difficulty way way up (but generally in a fair way that rewards great play but kicks your ass if you suck), and replace the mashing combat engine with one that has nearly the depth of a one on one fighting game.

Valkyrie101:
Am I the only one immature to laugh at the fact that the title looks like Ninja Gay-den?

Probably. Most of us got over the audacity of that phrase a long time ago. Although the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden 2 practically makes up for this aspect. Damn those other ninjas and their explosive shuriken.

It's "Guy-den"

Seeing as how I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 purely on instinct and loved it despite it's ridiculous difficulty even on the lowest, I will definitely be keeping my eye on this. Looks like Ryu is back for another hack 'n slash killing spree!

buy teh haloz:
Jesus. The HUMAN side of Ryu... After Other M, what's with Team Ninja and trying to make their characters human?

Other than that, I don't think this game will hold up without Itagaki. At least I can hope that it will be somewhat better than 2.

Well, I think you just answered your own question, Itagaki (and a chunk of the original team) left. So now the new guys want to show "Hey! Hey! See, we can make characters deep and shmart!"

Instead we have a Samus who should have her mouth sewn shut, and probably a Ryu that tries to recite shakespeare...
seriously... the Other M commercial is just weak... "What's past, is prologue" oooooooooo

Perhaps the human side of Ryu will bleed more?

vansau:
Perhaps the human side of Ryu will bleed more?

He ain't got time to bleed.

cursedseishi:

buy teh haloz:

Well, I think you just answered your own question, Itagaki (and a chunk of the original team) left. So now the new guys want to show "Hey! Hey! See, we can make characters deep and shmart!"

Instead we have a Samus who should have her mouth sewn shut, and probably a Ryu that tries to recite shakespeare...
seriously... the Other M commercial is just weak... "What's past, is prologue" oooooooooo

Yeah, that commercial had me going, "lolwut". But hey, at least the game didn't focus too much on Jiggle Physics. (At least the game was pretty awesome too)

I liked ninja gaiden, loved Ninja gaiden black but NG 2 just fell through with me. It left me feeling like I was playing a less fun version of the game with more blood and gore to distract me from that point. I got bored, and I beat master ninja mode twice....(since my xbox fried and you lose all your saves when that happens literally 3 days after I beat it the first time).

So I am a ninja gaiden fan boy who couldn't even play through the whole game of ninja gaiden 2.... that does not bode well.

Random Note:
I keep meaning to go back to that game and unlock master ninja mode....again.

As long as they make it more balancd...I will be happy

Excellent. I loved the 360 NG2 despite its flaws and finally did my run on Master Ninja the other week. If they fix the camera and adjust some of the cheapness without adjusting the difficulty, this could be the action game to beat.

I do wonder about delving into the "human side" of Ryu though. I mean, does anyone really play these things for the deep story? The deepest thing I care about with NG is how many arms and legs I can chop off of enemies before I chop off their head. Not that a good story is a bad thing, it's just not my focus.

Awesome. I loved Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 for the insane difficulty and gore it gave me.

vansau:
presumably, the 360 and PS3

More like just the 360, then they release a Sigma version later for the PS3.

P.S. Thanks

Itagaki won't be on this game, will he? Who's going to be there to tell just how big to make the boobs and how to make them jiggle just the right way?

kick ass another ng game! dont dumb it down please i love NG cause is hard

YAY! More violence and titties. I think I need to go watch Piranha 3D again.

Human side of Ryu means he's going to take a beating, instead of always kicking ass. In the cut-scenes, I mean.

Cuddly Knife:
Human side of Ryu means he's going to take a beating, instead of always kicking ass. In the cut-scenes, I mean.

His family or clan or whatever will probably take a beating and the he'll get revenge. Or something like that.

I've played through one of the early Alphas, it's still really hard! :(

I'm buying this. No question.

Zeromaeus:

Cuddly Knife:

His family or clan or whatever will probably take a beating and the he'll get revenge. Or something like that.

Already happened in the first for XBOX.

Kross:
I've played through one of the early Alphas, it's still really hard! :(

You have brought a smile to my day. Thank you for that.

I was honestly thinking about about that exact game when I was reading the OP. Ah, the good 'ol days.

No purple blood please. Other than that concern I am pretty much sold since I doubt they will screw up the combat.

I remember the real ninja gaidens, that were about acrobatics and running up walls, not thumb bruising combat and giant jiggling tits. :\

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here