Mega Man Team Making Vaguely Sexual High-School Rail Shooter

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Mega Man Team Making Vaguely Sexual High-School Rail Shooter

High school girls with panty shots and uncomfortably sexual moans? Heart-shaped love bullets and restraining tentacles? Yeah, Gal Gun is never being released outside of Japan.

Previously, Japanese development studio Inti Creates had been hard at work making the retro-styled (and retro-difficult) Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 for Capcom. Now, the developer is hard at work on Gal Gun, a rail-shooter about blasting buxom schoolgirls with heart-shaped bullets in an uncomfortably erotic manner.

Huh?

In Gal Gun, reports Eurogamer, you control the "most popular guy in school" on a quest to secure the affections of his dream girl. Which, judging by the bit of gameplay you see to the right, is all of them. Does Mr. Popular woo them with his charming personality and good looks? Of course not, he shoots them with hearts, flowers, and pheromones.

The first part of the clip above is the Japanese hosts talking, so I have no idea what's going on - other than that it appears to have something to do with the anime Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - but Gal Gun footage starts about four minutes in. (Edit: The video has since been taken down, so now we just have the trailer instead).

This is pretty much everything uncomfortable and hilarious about Japanese stereotypes distilled into an art form, people.

I will, however, admit to being puzzled about the flying sheep. They must have gotten lost on their way over from Catherine.

(Gal Gun, via Eurogamer)

I hate saying this...but I have to... "OH JAPAN!"

Well that was.........erotic.

Hey, it might get released over here.... you never know?

And people wonder why I can't take admitted Japanophiles very seriously (Hint: It's things like this).

The announcers laugh will haunt my dreams forever.
Particularly 3:30

Gildan Bladeborn:
And people wonder why I can't take admitted Japanophiles very seriously (Hint: It's things like this).

Hey, Japan gives us giant robots.

It also gives us Gal Gun.

Meanwhile, Western culture produced Half-Life 2 as well as every single movie produced by the Scary Movie team, and Justin Beiber.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Only in Japan!
Still awesome...

Can't wait to see that 'From the creators of Megaman' sticker on the box art if it ever comes out in the west :P

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Meanwhile, Western culture produced Half-Life 2 as well as every single movie produced by the Scary Movie team, and Justin Beiber.

Ohhhhhh...Kaaayyyyy... which is better?

I was thinking this was just strange, but then I said, "Well at least there's no tentacle monster...oh wait never mind"

Im unsure what to think of this, I mean its a game that seems to be a rail shooter but instead of blasting things chests open your making girls fall in love with you.... is that worse or better then sawing somethings chest in half with a chainsaw? I mean its weird but all in all it seems like its much less creepy them killing things... I guess, I dont know, Im very confused at the moment

Creepy...

Thanks Japan!

I always wanted to shoot Japanese school girls with my boyish charm in weaponize form.

WanderingFool:

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Neither. My point entirely :)

Has there ever been a Japanese game without jiggle physics?

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Hey, I will not take responsibility for Bieber! That's Canada's doing.

SnipErlite:
Well that was.........erotic.

Hey, it might get released over here.... you never know?

Try and imagine the marketing campaign. If it ever comes to the west, it'll probably try to slip under the radar.

uh................. I'm speechless about this one

gamerguy473:
Has there ever been a Japanese game without jiggle physics?

Well--- *Reality glitches out and repeats to when you ask the question*

/sigh.

Japan, the hell is wrong with you?

Duh...umm...Japan's weird.

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Eww. That made me rethink the West a little. No, bad Rowsdower! The West is awesome!

I'm sorry this is just funny. Still this seems relatively tame for what the description had me set up for.
Is there a market for this?

wow..just....WOW....THIS IS REDICULUS LOOK AT THAT....the artwork is amazing...wow.

The awesomeness of this is lessened only slightly by the recently announced game in which you molest away girls' sins or whatever. Still day one.

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Scary Movie team, and Justin Beiber.

You speak words of horror! You have no fear of demons.(Isn't Justin Beiber canadian?)

OT:Well this was...strange...

John Funk:

WanderingFool:

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Neither. My point entirely :)

But, Giant Robots make victory instant. That's what we were taught in school at least...

If both sides have giant robots, then we get Gundam, and everyone wins!

This game probably isn't any good though.

I have to admit there's a fair chance I would buy this game, despite the borderline pedophilia. Seriously, age issues aside would you rather blast people into little tiny pieces or make hot chicks fall in love with you?

Granted, this gets released anywhere in the 'West' and the first shooting rampage following will be blamed entirely on this game.

Japan scares me...no if's and's or buts about it...Scares me....

Japan, you are so very, very strange... I love you.

TheGoldenMan:

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

You speak words of horror! You have no fear of demons.(Isn't Justin Beiber canadian?)

Canada is part of the western world....

OT: Daaaummm, I just want to know what the hell these guys thought process is. Other than that creative game a guess?

I somehow want that game. ._.

Mcupobob:

TheGoldenMan:

John Funk:

Gildan Bladeborn:

Canada is part of the western world....

OT: Daaaummm, I just want to know what the hell these guys thought process is. Other than that creative game a guess?

Brain dead. Sorry!

That's a tad sketchy, but I'm used to Japans antics by now.

Did anybody else notice that, after the gameplay footage, the female announcer looked just slightly uncomfortable around that guy? Like, not enough that it's overt but enough that it's noticable? It's as if she hadn't seen it when the background was black, but had by the time it was pink. I did, it made me laugh pretty hard.

Also, you'd never think that Mr. Popular would be the one to do the school shooting. Most people have a hard time imagining a well liked student coming to school and shooting all the girls. You just never know, I guess.

(Blink) . . . (Blink)... So you shoot the girls with your gun to win their affection... and it's a rail-shooter.... (Blink).... Yeah.... Ummm.... Can I import this? =P

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here