All New Pokemon from Pokemon Black & White Revealed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Psycodiablo:

mjc0961:
Anyway that one in the article image, middle right... What is that and why does it have a giant penis coming off its face. For the first time in my life I don't want to catch'em all, that one can stay wherever the hell it lives.

... Fuck's sake. I can't unsee that now. Thanks.

You think that's bad? take a look at #646... How the heck can they make an Ice Dragon look like a... just look at him.

2xDouble:

Psycodiablo:

mjc0961:
Anyway that one in the article image, middle right... What is that and why does it have a giant penis coming off its face. For the first time in my life I don't want to catch'em all, that one can stay wherever the hell it lives.

... Fuck's sake. I can't unsee that now. Thanks.

You think that's bad? take a look at #646... How the heck can they make an Ice Dragon look like a... just look at him.

I don't think its as bad. Looks related to the Diamond/Pearl legendary Pokémon.

Hahaha, a Pokemon shaped like an ice-cone? Man, I wasn't expecting that.

Good show, Gamefreak, good show.

PS They look like shit. Mostly because they're over emoticized and human. I could see why small kids would like it but still. Sassy Pokemon don't faze me, yo.

What happened? Pokemon used to have strategy...but this...it's too easy.

Lickitung uses Lick!

Psycodiablo:

maybe, but I'm pretty sure "four-legged spiky dildo Dragon" wasn't exactly what they had in mind...

2xDouble:

Psycodiablo:

maybe, but I'm pretty sure "four-legged spiky dildo Dragon" wasn't exactly what they had in mind...

It's Japan. They well may have.

You know what I think is really awesome about this generation? If you look at the listed types for each Pokemon, you'll notice something is missing. One type combination that has plagued the series since it first began.

bug/flying

That was one of the worst type combinations, and almost every bug Pokemon had it. But in this generation, none of them do. We might get some more bug types that are actually awesome rather than complete wastes because they get obliterated by the most common moves in game.

Also this is the most adorable Pokemon.

Internet Kraken:

Also this is the most adorable Pokemon.

No no, this is: image

I'm gonna skip this one, the Pokemon are looking a little too weird for me, some look cool, but most look a little too much like mini-Digimon. Most of the evolutions look like they don't change much, just grow more fur or arms.

Here's a list in video format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKGGiVenssQ

Most of them are shit except for the seaturtle and its evo and the Caiman and it's evolutions.

captaincabbage:
Most of them are shit except for the seaturtle and its evo and the Caiman and it's evolutions.

I was thinking the same. My favourite is the seaturtle, by far. The caiman has a lot of goog ideas and nice progression but it ended up a little too...penis-y for my taste.

One of them looks like a Yorkie...I find that slightly silly.

But eh. Some of the new ones look cool, some look like copies of old Pokemon, and some look quite retarded(like the red and yellow stern gopher). Ah well...I might not buy it, but we'll see. >->'

Huh. Well now, I would say that I like about 6 or 7 of them, which is far more than I thought I'd like. Of course, 3 of that number is the ghost/fire(?) candelabra/chandelier group.

I'm surprised that the vast majority of these look not gag-enducing, which is a huge step up from the last two groups. That doesn't mean that Pokemon is back on it's feet, for me; the perfect Pokemon game, Soulsilver, has already been made and I'm happy.

BrunDeign:
Almost all of them are really original but three of them kinda kill the buzz.

A. One looks like a sarcophagus with spaghetti shadow arms.

B. One looks like a mushroom with a pokeball for a cap

C. The evolved form of B has pokeball symbols for hands... what?

ok, for one thing, A looks badass, also, B is obviously just another voltorb game to fuck with us, O LEWK AN EYETEM, ONOEZ A FITE!

John Funk:

dududf:
What's wrong with a Fire/Fighter starter?

I think my Blaziken would like to have a word with you funk :D

Nothing, it's a great combination.

If only this didn't make the third time in a row we've had it, after Blaziken, Infernape, and now Porcano or whatever its name is.

HIS NAME IS PIGNITION.

I refuse to believe anything else.

I am Omega:

John Funk:

Daystar Clarion:
Wow, new gen Pokemon look shite now don't they? *Hugs Pokemon Soulsilver* Ah, back when pokemon looked awesome.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dunsparce_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunkern_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magneton_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aipom_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mr._Mime_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Sorry, you were saying? :P

Glad to see someone else is able to criticize Gen 1 and Gen 2 pokemon. They give the new ones a lot of flack, but there were some in the first few that were just... wtf. (I'm looking at YOU, Magneton. But all is forgiven since Magnezone came along...)

Really? I didn't mind magneton, but I thought magnezone was really weird looking.

I think the new pokes look anywhere from passable to "F-ing A," with... one notable exception...
that pink elephant thing, the one with smkoe coming out of his head. What the hell is that thing?

(#517-518)

Flying-Emu:

John Funk:

dududf:
What's wrong with a Fire/Fighter starter?

I think my Blaziken would like to have a word with you funk :D

Nothing, it's a great combination.

If only this didn't make the third time in a row we've had it, after Blaziken, Infernape, and now Porcano or whatever its name is.

HIS NAME IS PIGNITION.

I refuse to believe anything else.

PIGNIFY -> PIGNITE -> PIGNITION

SO MUCH FUCKING WIN HERE.

Some of them are actually kind of cool!

Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.

MB202:
Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.

There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*

PrototypeC:

MB202:

There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*

And this is inherently inferior to a toxic blob evolving into a BIGGER blob? Look, I don't think any of these Pokemon are worth crying over. There are misses (I admit, a lot of the legendaries are... Eh) there are nice ones (Ice cream and gears... Fun, nothing phenominal) and there are awesome ones. (Dragon with an axe for a face, a hydra, a royal grass snake, a chandelier with five evil purple flames... WIN!)

But if this actually makes you cry, I'm sorry, you're pathetic. v.v

I herd thar iz n00 mudkipz?

And the Pokemon series' artwork continues to grow stranger and stranger. Not that that's a bad thing...

Grass Dragon is good enough.

Motherfuckers. I'm a boss

I adore this pokemon to death. I love turtles and it has a wicked design. It's definitely on my team.

Ok, why does its nose look like a penis!?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

there's one psy type looks like a cross between...
between...

Green Eggs & Ham.. and a fetus.

WHERE ARE THE EEVEES?

Whoa, got a little ahead of myself. If pokemon were irl, I would be the one with the creepy eevee sanctuary.

What the fuck is this even supposed to be? It's got lances for arms, and it's body is like one big helmet with no legs.(IT's not even a jousting helmet :<)
imageimageimage
Gears. Really?
Just... Gears.
A sea lamprey. Well, they are certainly the cutest sea lampreys I've ever seen. Perhaps these will start ferociously attacking magikarps and you can find these instead when surfing or fishing. That'd be a nice break from the norm. Now if we can only thin out the population of tentacools.
I had no idea it would come to this. This is my favorite pokemon as far as aesthetics go from 5th gen. It's a zebra. You can clearly tell it's based off of a real animal, it doesn't have any ridiculous hyper stylization, doesn't have messes of protruding extremities, and it's not all cutesy. I am so underwhelmed with the designs from 5th gen.

Hmmm, is it just me or are they getting harder and harder to pronounce?

XinfiniteX:
Hmmm, is it just me or are they getting harder and harder to pronounce?

Well, I'm sure they'll be easier to pronounce when the game comes out in America. I mean, I'm sure that the little grass deer (Which is awesome BTW) won't hit these shores with the name Shikijika

Kyman102:

PrototypeC:
words

And this is inherently inferior to a toxic blob evolving into a BIGGER blob? Look, I don't think any of these Pokemon are worth crying over. There are misses (I admit, a lot of the legendaries are... Eh) there are nice ones (Ice cream and gears... Fun, nothing phenominal) and there are awesome ones. (Dragon with an axe for a face, a hydra, a royal grass snake, a chandelier with five evil purple flames... WIN!) But if this actually makes you cry, I'm sorry, you're pathetic. v.v

OK, let me be clearer. These designs are shit. Ice cream cones with two faces. Gears. More gears. More gears with a gear under them. A zebra (no really, just a zebra. They made the fur kinda spiky, I guess? It's reverse? It's a zebra). A cockigator. The ones you mentioned are even worse.

The first 150 weren't great (and actually featured the stupidest pokemon, Tauros), but even that didn't have a ripped-open garbage bag for a Pokemon.

wow, theres now a dog...just...a dog. and is there seriously one based off an ice cream??

anyway, the construction dude looks cool, and the electric zebra.

Is...is that one wielding a steel girder?! I don't care if it's kinda goofy looking, it's wielding a FREAKING STEEL GIRDER!

Is it just me, or are there a lot of legendaries for just one game? Gamefreak seems to be getting worse and worse about this.

dogenzakaminion:
wow, theres now a dog...just...a dog. and is there seriously one based off an ice cream??

anyway, the construction dude looks cool, and the electric zebra.

I lol'd at the ice cream cone

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or