Minecraft Explained Through Accidental Arson

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Fenring:

Tdc2182:

Good God.

Overkill much? Great fucking trailer, but jesus on the overkill.

It's not overkill, he still needs to go deeper.

Im kind of ashamed of that message, I was in a drunken stupor. Yeah, that was a really great trailer.

Zeromaeus:
@Trogdor: Its really good. Ten dollars well spent in my opinion.

Ten dollars?
They had the full game for free download on their main site...

Proof link

PoisonUnagi:

Zeromaeus:
@Trogdor: Its really good. Ten dollars well spent in my opinion.

Ten dollars?
They had the full game for free download on their main site...

The free-ness only lasts until the site comes back up. I assume it'll lock you out as soon as the "free-weekend" (read: crashed server maintenance) is over.

Can't believe no one has posted this yet :P

Hilarious. I loved the game when it was free to play the last few days... Too bad it's $15 now. Guess I won't be playing anymore.

Sturmdolch:
Hilarious. I loved the game when it was free to play the last few days... Too bad it's $15 now. Guess I won't be playing anymore.

A pity you'd let $15 stand between you and a game more fun than most current $60 games.

Aethren:

Sturmdolch:

A pity you'd let $15 stand between you and a game more fun than most current $60 games.

Actually I made a deal with my friend to buy it if it's $10 or under.

But watching videos on it again... Yeah, I just bought it anyways. It's an awesome game and it's only in beta.

... I have a question!

What do you actually do?

Fire, mans best friend.

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did at that video... I felt bad for the guy, too, because he starts the video talking about how hard he'd been working on it and stuff.

ouch. That would have taken sometime to.

Lt. Vinciti:

ma55ter_fett:
So what is the purpose of this game?

What do you do in it?

Would appear from the trailer doodle....Survive...so like a single playerish Civ game...persay

This would be cool if they could also try and make like a handheld version (-shrug- i like the idea)

Not really, the game is more of a sand box style game. You can do a lot of things if you want to (explore caves, hunt wild life, build structures, ect.) but there is nothing you have to do.

As always the good games like this I have to miss out on because I don't have any way to spend money online.

Hilarious video though.

TraumaHound:
It was serendipitous that Pandora was playing "Smoke on the Water" as I loaded up the video. I'd only heard of Minecraft after Penny Arcade made mention of it, doesn't necessarily look like my kinda thing but it's fun that something accidental like a housefire can occur within it.

Now, aside from building and razing houses what does one do in this "game"?

I think the most apt analogy people are giving, is that it's basically like Lego. Sprinkled with zombies and other beasties. So, there really is little more to it than that, but in this case, it's not a bad thing at all.

It's also a creepy creepy game once you start exploring caverns, you're always paranoid that there's going to be something nearby, and hope you've brought enough torches. Although, the enemy AI seems none too smart, and I've found you can kill monsters pretty easily by leading them onto lava floes because they won't stop to find another way around and just walk straight in and get vaporised.

Miumaru:
Watching that video makes me want to play TES: Arena....and SL...and Mario Bros.

And reading this comment reminded me to get Daggerfall...

ZETTA FAIL!!

thats possibly one of the funniest things i've ever seen,a ndi dont even play the game.

I just love imagining what he was thinking as he hacked away at the bookcase, then turned round to see the ceiling on fire :)

Wow, I haven't heard about this game. It looks AWESOME! I want to play it, lol. And poor guy. It's nice to know that he kept filming. I liked how every few seconds he'd say "...and" like he was still giving a tutorial, lol.

the game is great, unfortunately multiplayer is missing a lot of the atmosphere because the monsters can't kill you and you can't drown

I'm mega excited about updates. Now that the dude who made it has a bankroll he can really start adding gameplay elements.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that was friggin hiliarious!

Sturmdolch:

But watching videos on it again... Yeah, I just bought it anyways. It's an awesome game and it's only in beta.

Not even Beta. It's in Alpha, so I'm looking forward to everything else we have in store. Now that you've bought Alpha, all the updates (which means even when it comes out of Alpha and Beta and into "full") are free. The price for those that haven't yet bought it will go up as the game's development progresses.

Basically, getting it early saves money, and it's still fun as hell.

And one update will be flying machines!

I want to get it, but it seems that

A) I need a credit card, which I currently lack, and
B) You need to pay in euros. How does that work for Americans? Is there an automatic conversion of currency?

Holy hell is that funny.

"Annnnd...Seriously?"

Oh man. That was great. I love how he tries to throw water on it, then just decides to chop it.

Augh, I know how watching your house burn feels. Poor guy.

scotth266:

B) You need to pay in euros. How does that work for Americans? Is there an automatic conversion of currency?

It's about $10 in US Bills.

Watching that video, even before he lit the fire it was obvious that it wouldn't end well. That is not a fire place, that is a fire pit. Although it still seems rather weird that a stone block would light on fire like that. Funny stuff.

Although I hope nobody will mind if I save myself the time and bandwidth by not reading whatever unfunny trash Penny Arcade created this time.

Lol, schadenfreude...
On a related note, My small uniteresting house is only defined by the fact that it's lit entirely with lava, and the roof is made of glass and lava, below a giant flaming arrow.

Varchld:
Yeah, well worth getting, though if you hold off till it's more developed, like out of the Alpha stages, then you shouldn't get bored of it after the first 40 hours of play time like I have.

40 hours of play time for a $10 game seems like a damn good deal to me.

Especially since you also get all the later versions, too.

It is a fantastic game but I will warn you! It can turn you into a obsesive maniac faster than any MMO you care to mention!!

Tom Goldman:
Snip

The thing is, it didn't spread through the bricks.

The guy put the piece of wood he wanted to burn on another peice of wood. I assume it spread out from there.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Then proceeded to immediately download Minecraft.

Minecraft is fucking oresome. I can feel for this dude.

My Laputa: Castle in the Sky project is still under construction in Minecraft. If it was ever lit on fire I would die.

Poor guy =S

At least he seemed to be taking it philosophically though. Although he might have gone nuts after he stopped recording ;-P

scotth266:

You pay through Paypal, which has the option to be linked to a bank account for money transfer. I know this because that's how I paid for mine, and I lack a credit card.

It's roughly 13 USD, the conversion, also through Paypal, is automatic.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here