Cop Arrested for Shoplifting Videogame

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Cop Arrested for Shoplifting Videogame

A Hawaiian cop was arrested for shoplifting a videogame at a Honolulu Walmart. Somebody call the Five-O.

On September 10th, 2010, Officer John F. Rapozo alleged stole a videogame, among other items, from a Walmart in Pearl City, Hawaii. Rapozo is a member of the Narcotics-Vice Division in the Honolulu Police Department. The chief of police issued a statement that he was "deeply concerned" over Rapozo stealing a videogame, one of three arrests of police officers just this month in the Hawaiian city.

"The department holds its officers to a higher standard than the general public, and every allegation or complaint is fully investigated," Chief Louis Kealoha said. "Criminal cases involving officers are conferred with the prosecutor's office to determine whether charges will be filed. It's important to note that even cases that do not result in criminal charges are still subject to administrative review or disciplinary action."

That's all well and good, but I'm more worried about what videogame he allegedly stole. The title is not reported, unfortunately.

What do you think it was? Need for Speed? SWAT? Max Payne? Who knows, maybe it was an old school copy of Police Quest?

Help me out, what game was it?

Source: Star Advertiser via Gamepolitics

(Image)

Gotta be Barbie Horse Adventures

Hah, fantastic. I bet it was something like Championship Manager

Realistically, I think Halo: Reach.

I would say World's Scariest Police Chases, me love some irony.

Dead to Rights: Retribution?
Maybe it was GTA or Saint's Row, ooh, I can already hear the controversy!

"And I'm joined by Jack Thompson to discuss: Are violent videogames causing our cops to go off the rails?"

Wow... corrupting an honest police officer like that. Videogames must truly be the work of the devil....

It was probably Lester the Unlikely.

Such a horrible fantastic game.

Picture of the Boston Police, discussing the Five-O?

How positively odd.

And my bet's on Reach.

twm1709:
...an honest police officer...

Those words in conjunction seem less and less likely the older I get and the more I read, hear, and see.

A more appropriate "h" word seems, in many cases, to be "hypocritical."

Or maybe I'm a cynic.

You know if a cop can't afford to buy a videogame, corruption in Hawaii must be rife. Bring back McGarret!

BTW I'm guessing a mint copy of Hill Street Blues: The Game for PC.

I am sure the department is going to be doing alot of digging on its own people now...

The Sims 3. He wanted to burn some people, but doing it in real life would be too risky.

The_root_of_all_evil:

wow I LOVE that game :D

"Gotta have my Pokemon fix, maaaaan!"

*My reaction* pfffHAHAHAHA! Are you serious?!
In all seriousness: This isn't exactly news, it's just funny. People shoplift all the time. It only made the news because it was a cop. Cops aren't above breaking the law, and games are expensive. Odds are he couldn't afford the new big release and got desperate.

Now if he was stealing GTA4 or Saint's Row 2, then this would have been f***ing hilarious. But my bet's either Halo Reach or maybe Dead Rising 2.

Jbird:

Yeah probably.

But hey, could be worse, he could have stolen Civ 4, they wouldn't see him for WEEKS!

I'm betting it was Halo Reach, but the irony of it being GTA would be too delicious to not consider.

Any of the GTA games.

POLICENAUTS

(spelled wrong???)

I'll say Assassin Creed 2 Or Fallout: Game of the Year editions.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Nah, Drake of the 99 dragons.

unoleian:

twm1709:

Those words in conjunction seem less and less likely the older I get and the more I read, hear, and see.

Or maybe I'm a cynic.

You're a cynic. Most police officers are in it for the better good. Bad police officers make the news (see above).

Unintentional comedy rating of choosing stock photo of police officers: a solid 8.5.

Missed it by THAT MUCH. Only 5000 miles or so.

Rainboq:

Jbird:

Yeah probably.

But hey, could be worse, he could have stolen Civ 4, they wouldn't see him for WEEKS!

Imagine the damage if he stole Civ V... MONTHS would go by.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Its what I would steal.
But I think you already know this ;)

lacktheknack:

unoleian:

twm1709:

Or maybe I'm a cynic.

You're a cynic. Most police officers are in it for the better good. Bad police officers make the news (see above).

No, most police officers now, like most teachers, are in it for a paycheck.

Bad police officers only rarely make the news. Horrible cops make the news. I can just about guarantee, for instance, that over half of your local police force is cheating on their wives and/or girlfriends, but that's not a crime, and not something for which they can be disciplined.

Depending on your location, I could just about guarantee that over 75% of them have made an arrest or issued a citation on false pretences, to make an unspoken 'performance goal.'

Knowing the media, any name you got from them would likely be garbled beyond recognition.

But yeah, it was probably a recent release.

The game he stole is not important, what is important is which game will get blamed for corrupting an honest police officer and making him turn to a life of crime. It's probably a Nintendo game judging by current patterns.

Hmm. Could have been Rapelay, because nobody wants that look that you get from the cashier while buying sexual fantasy games...

now, i would think it was for him reach

for his son? reach

for his daughter??

The_root_of_all_evil:

it wouldnt be that bad!

Police? Video Games? Five-O?
What do these things have in common?

SAINTS ROW 2 :D

$5 says no matter what the game is, it will be blamed for influencing the Police.
I hope irony is to come.

Was the game Rob-o-cop? ...

BehattedWanderer:
Picture of the Boston Police, discussing the Five-O?

How positively odd.

And my bet's on Reach.

Reach wasn't out yet when it happened. It said September 10th.
O.T. Places like Wal-Marts put the new games in a glass case and only have older games out, so maybe something like Uncharted 1 or Assassins Creed???

RvLeshrac:

No, most police officers now, like most teachers, are in it for a paycheck.

...What?
Teachers get paid shit money, I can assure you, it's not a job people are taking because of the pay.
Sure, there's shitty teachers. But more importantly, there's spoiled, annoying, kids that give teenagers a negative stereotype.

With police officers, you can argue they get in it to be in a position of power.
Teaching doesn't have that, or a good paycheck.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here