Megatron Transforms into Old Spice Guy

Megatron Transforms into Old Spice Guy

Did you know that real Transformers fans prefer Decepticons one bajillion times more than those snivelling Autobots?

Now that the previous Old Spice Guy is off righting wrongs with the Avengers, Decepticon leader Megatron has stepped in to fill the void. He's not quite so ridiculously handsome, but he is a very large and very powerful man ... er, robot.

Put together by NGSMOOV, a group of animators and CGI artists, to promote the official Transfomers Collectors Club, the video is a faithful recreation of the first Old Spice commercial starring Isaiah Mustafa from the beginning of the year, with a distinctly Decepticon twist.

The whole thing is just so wonderfully bizarre, it's almost impossible not to laugh. It's a shame it's a one-off, because I'd have loved to have seen Megatron's take on some of the other jokes in the campaign, especially as in the Transformers world, a jet ski lion is entirely possible.

Autobot Hand Catch!

Source: Toys R Evil

What the hell did I just watch? LOL

Hello lawsuit.

Also, it's so hilearous, I forgot how to spell hilarious. Oh, that's how.

Hillarity.

Must... not... join... Decepticons...

Vaccine:

My thoughts exactly!

He be on a jet.

Seeing as I never watched Transformers and Megatron didn't "SWAN DIVE!", I'll stick to the real one.

....NO COMMENT.....

damn, old spice must be making billions just letting others use their idea :P

That....kinda sucked

Not pictured: The jet immediately trying to stab Megatron in the back.

superline51:
That....kinda sucked

This man. He speaks the truth. That was very contrived and, for lack of a better term, lame.

He had me at "Hello female flesh creatures." Brilliant!

I kind of smiled at "I'm on a jet", but for the rest of I was thinking, "Who the hell is this ad's audience?"

And here I was thinking I would never leave the autobots!

Hello all the toys I could want... In space!

Transformers fan Girlfriend: "Squeeeeeeee!"

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
I kind of smiled at "I'm on a jet", but for the rest of I was thinking, "Who the hell is this ad's audience?"

Their audience, it's these people: 20-30 something men who grew up with and collect Transformers. What, you though this was a children's club? Fie, fie on you!

Not that there's anything wrong with collecting toy robots. :3

it made me smile.

I am SO with you!

All hail Megatron! LONG LIVE MEGATRON! DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!

Zeromaeus:
Not pictured: The jet immediately trying to stab Megatron in the back.

Uh oh! You're floating in the middle of space! I GUESS I'M THE LEEEEADER NOW!

....All I can say is what the fuck?

Awesome! This has inspired me to try Old Spice now!

Decepticons are awesome

I suddenly want a jet now.

This Old Spice thing is the new fad. The thing was okay, but I am not a fan of Transformers.

He sounds suspiciously like Vegeta. I guess Chris Sabat must have done the voice.

oh wow man
and I just saw the Sesame Street one haaha
oh wonderful

How do I join the decpticon's do I fill out a form or do I have to make a pledge?

Oh for god sakes.
Normally I don't complain about this sort of thing, but I genuinely enjoyed the Old Spice marketing campaign. Now everyone and their mother is using the damn thing.
I swear to never watch any of these again. I'm sure some will be good, but most(like this one) will be complete tripe.
Also, please don't post "new Old Spice Man variation!" in the news room unless it is a truly original video and the content is at least somewhat relevant.
Unless you posted this because you wanted to promote the product. In which case, no thank you.

Old Spice made a real, GOOD meme with their... "On a horse(?)" commercial. Lolcats... move over. THIS! IS! MEME-TASTIC! (yes, I'm well aware of the hypocrisy)

dark-amon:

Vaccine:

My thoughts exactly!

You'll both be thinking that cubed after watching this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M

wow....that was just awesome...

That was weak. I liked the Grover one better.

I smell a new fad :p

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here