Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 29 NEXT

I don't really see Simmons point...sure he can send a person or two to jail, but this isn't a fight he can actually win. It's not like he'll get 4chan closed down or stop them from doing stuff like this in the future.

I don't doubt that Simmons will do a little bit of damage to anon before this is over, but like someone said earlier, it is like fighting bees.
Personally, I think anon is more suited to reaction than action, but I don't think that will stop them in this case.

Unless Gene Simmons has an infinite amount of resources, and an elite team of experts to track down/catch/do anything, he is going to swing at bees while they continuously sting him, and he might hit one or two.

I personally think the phrase "don't fuck with Anonymous" is warranted.
You know those guys that make youtube videos that must've taken hundreds of hours to complete?
I always say "holy shit, that person has way too much free time"
That is the Anonymous Simmons is going to be fucking with.

This will be VERY interesting.

Azaraxzealot:
finally... someone's sticking up to these internet terrorists.

and im glad its Gene Simmons \m/ YEAH! ROCKERS DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT!

Thanks for the Fox News edition there, coming up next: How communism was the "terrorism" of the 50's.

So Anonymous have moved away from fighting Scientology to bash people who believes that thief's should be punished.
With this plus the numerous death-threats made to people who disagree with them, im out.
No more protesting, afros nor pool-closing for me, this is just too much.

What happened too the wise words of The Wise Beard Man? Are they forgotten? Or just ignored?

Anyways, no more for me, Im sure I wont be missed.

All I can say is "oh crap..."

GrinningManiac:
Good

I don't expect him to succeed, but I'll bet that it'll attract the attention of bigger people. He says the FBI are invovled, which may or may not be true.

It irritates me that a huge throng of annoying little kids and lonely 20/30-somethings think they're like frickin' Al Capone or something. I don't care for Piracy legislation either way, but I want these f*ckless morons to be shown that the real world is REAL and they aren't the most important and untouchable 'criminal masterminds' (/sarcasm) in the world

The key thing with Anonymous is that they prove faceless masses can do anything they put their minds to.
So far, they have proved that several times.
I'm just glad Anon in general has a conscience, or they would be truly frightening.

You have to remember that even though they are "untoucheable", they know that they are not.

Holy shit, this is awesome. KISS vs. The Internet!
Like a dream come true.

Hold on a sec.
"Print their names and pictures"?!
WHAT.
Isn't that like, totally illegal AND dangerous?
No wonder Anonymous hates you.

Haha, good luck fighting everyone on the internet, fucking tool.

Let's face it. If he wants to end piracy he'd have to tear down and rebuild the internet. As it currently is, is what it was meant to be. Sharing information and files. Funny how it's always the giant multimillion dollar companies and bands who bitch and whine about piracy,there are millions of artists who make music, movies, pictures and whatever because they love doing so, fuck the RIA. Don't want people to get your shitty songs for free? Reinvent the internet and patent the air we breath. We share information all our lives, we always have and always will, just like breathing.

In other news, the United States is still hunting terrorists in Afghanistan nine years later.

Seriously, it's the same thing. He has incredible might behind him, but anon can hide all over the internet. The idiots might get caught, but the smart ones can bounce their IP all over the world and either become untraceable or make tracing them so complicated and difficult that they won't bother. And that's if he gets the legal grounds to trace them, which is a dubious proposition at the very best.

Personally, I want to see Anonymous sap him of lots of money and energy before he finally throws up his hands and gives up. I think Gene Simmons is head and shoulders better than most in the entertainment business, but anyone who declares war on Anonymous is basically chewing on the business end of a shotgun. Anon FTW.

Yeah. Sue University students and take all their cars and houses and money.

Because they can afford them, right? _

Neither side is in the right really. I don't really like it when someone gets sued for thousands for downloading peggle. Although I am leaning towards Gene Simmons, because I am sick and fucking tired of people who act like it's their human right to pirate people's work and think they're entitled to everything for free! News flash, you're not! Things cost money, get over it!

To be honest, although I'm against random acts of destruction, in this case I'm on Anons side. Artists have the right to protect their work, as everyone else. But there is a limit to greed...

Y'all are in big trouble. Gene Simmons backtraced it and the consequences will never be the same.

One might even say that Anonymous...

*puts on glasses*

dun goof'd.

FaceFaceFace:
That's the common way of looking at it, but I've never agreed with that. I know my view isn't widely shared so I'm not trying to call you wrong or anything, but:
Would you ever steal a candy bar? I wouldn't. Why? Stealing is wrong. Sure, all "bad" things are excusable in certain situations, but I think we can agree that stealing a candy bar has to be the result of a simple disregard for law and/or moral values. Taking what is not yours without good reason is wrong. In other words, those who would commit crimes are fundamentally different from ordinary people, and common thieves are closer to murderers than to regular human beings.

If that's not convincing, how about this simple idea. How many people's lives would be ruined if that was the penalty for stealing a candy bar? Probably none, because no one would steal a candy bar if the punishment was that bad. If the punishment fits the crime, people are more willing to commit the crime. It's like opportunity cost in economics. When the US government raised safety requirements in cars, people in general started driving faster and pedestrian deaths increased. If the risks of an action, ie stealing a candy bar, are huge, then no one will take the risk. If every crime was punishable by death, only the stupidist or most insane would actually commit crimes.

you ever been or used youtube, im quite sure fair use will not protect you. Im assuming you have as most of the internet as we know it has been there and listened to music at least once.

edit sorry reread your post

so j walking should equal death eh?
littering should equal death?

i get what your saying here but you do see why this isnt the case... right?

And i really dont care which side wins as it stands, its not going to change all that much anyway if either side wins.

I think the old saying goes Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Isn't this just a flame war gone out of hand? This anon stuff seems really childish to me but then again so does Gene Simmons. Once something like lawsuits and FBI gets involved isn't this just a prank that went overboard?

This man has more money than sense and more stuff at his disposal. It'll be fun to watch how all this pans out :)

All I have to say is...

lol.

What a tool.

Anonymous vs. the Kiss Army.

The only way to win is not to play.

The Long Road:
In other news, the United States is still hunting terrorists in Afghanistan nine years later.

Seriously, it's the same thing. He has incredible might behind him, but anon can hide all over the internet. The idiots might get caught, but the smart ones can bounce their IP all over the world and either become untraceable or make tracing them so complicated and difficult that they won't bother. And that's if he gets the legal grounds to trace them, which is a dubious proposition at the very best.

Personally, I want to see Anonymous sap him of lots of money and energy before he finally throws up his hands and gives up. I think Gene Simmons is head and shoulders better than most in the entertainment business, but anyone who declares war on Anonymous is basically chewing on the business end of a shotgun. Anon FTW.

^

The funny thing is he thinks he is going after a set number of people.
Pretty sure if he knew what Anon was, he'd re-think his words.

"I don't like water! I am going to fight water!"
'...have you seen the ocean?'

I read the title, and it started off as a chuckle, but evolved into full out laughter.

This man is nuts.

Anonymous is a coward who hides behind a computer screen, thinks he's a bigshot and goes out of his way to hack anyone who disagrees with him in the slightest cause it makes his imaginary balls fell big. I will personally laugh when this poser finally gets brought down, I don't care who does it either.

Says the man whose son blatantly plagiarised one of the trinity manga for his own.

Whoever "wins" this war, there will be no dignity left for anyone.
I'm going to throroughly enjoy this.

what's with bring anon down lately? their numbers are over 9000 x 9000
YOU CANNOT bring down anon...

Great way to win sympathy for people who actually fight the legal fight for internet freedom.

Oh man, this is gonna get out of hand so fast. Can't wait to see what happens!

what a self righteous cunt. fuck him, i hope his bank balance disapears, we'll see how determined he fucking is then won't we?

I'm kinda Gene's side on this. Piracy is wrong no matter how you try to spin it and anonymous is just a bunch of cowards hiding behind a computer screen.

I really don't like him saying "suing people for everything they have". I know that piracy is against the law and costs companies a great deal in prospective money, but it still rubs me the wrong way when I saw that quote.

Both sides are pricks.

So they may as well pick on each other, rather than people I might feel sorry for.

After reading four pages of posts I don't really know what side I hate the least. Side A to me are a bunch of nutless cyber bullies with a habit of being freetards. Side B is a cheap and soulless corporate sponcered pack of bullies who want you to buy their shit and like it.

Both sides to me are evil. I guess I'll go with Gene here, although I hate corporate America I think I hate arrogant asshole nerds more.

To be honest he kinda deserves it. takeing someones house for dl a song is not appropriate. Wonder if he would still wish that on other people if it would happen to him. sadly it won't i fear.
Compare that to shoplifting a whole cd, and then someone even loses something.
Whatever happens it will be entertaining for everyone to watch. But i doubt suing 3 4chaners will greatly affect anonymus's strengh especialy if it's the guys that can't even hack right.

I'm for downloading music, and I think what they did was hilarious.

You might be able to sue or catch a few, but there will always be more people around to shutdown your website and redirect it to Thepiratebay.

Taking a few dollars worth of music, when you would never have bought it anyways isn't a big deal. Sueing someone into oblivion over a few dollars is. Fuck Gene Simmons, kiss sucks anyways.

GiantRedButton:
To be honest he kinda deserves it. takeing someones house for dl a song is not appropriate. Wonder if he would still wish that on other people if it would happen to him. sadly it won't i fear.
Compare that to shoplifting a whole cd, and then someone even loses something.
Whatever happens it will be entertaining for everyone to watch. But i doubt suing 3 4chaners will greatly affect anonymus's strengh especialy if it's the guys that can't even hack right.

The smart ones will know how to hide. Im just going to sit down and enjoy the fireworks.

viper3:

Azaraxzealot:
finally... someone's sticking up to these internet terrorists.

and im glad its Gene Simmons \m/ YEAH! ROCKERS DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT!

Thanks for the Fox News edition there, coming up next: How communism was the "terrorism" of the 50's.

sigh.... it has nothing to do with any of THAT, what it DOES have to do with is that Trolls have too much power. since the world practically runs on computers, and people like these trolls have clearly demonstrated that they can destroy any computer network they want, i worry that if they just keep being allowed to do what they do without regulation, we could see our next president being a lolcat...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 29 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here