Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 29 NEXT

Awesome I will play fallout new vegas, and they can have thier little war, I dislike both so the real winner is me.

this should be interesting indeed

[quote="AKmontalvo" post="7.239663.8630875
First, BigEaZyE, your point is an excellent one (u da man!)

Second, JeanLuc761, ur point is a widely shared but slighty missinformed opinion (really trying not to put u down or anything of the sort)
most people seem to be under the impression that the lawsuits or jailtime are a response to the monitary amount or quantity of songs pirated, truth is is has nothing to do with the worth of the songs but the charge of "copywrite infringment" (a criminal charge where million dollar fines and jail time ARE appropriate sentencing), your not being charged with a 99cent internet theft your charged with violating a contracted term of intellectual property,
but you have a bunch of 15-28 year olds with not only an incomplete understanting of law but also a user friendly method of pirating, but tools that allow folks to commit a crime more easily doesn't and shouldn't make the sentencing any less severe, when handguns were invernted the sentencing for a murder charge wasn't lessened just because the crime became easier to commit (and no, im not saying piracy is the same as murder, im just using murder-law as a way to illustrate my point, piracy is not murder)[/quote]

So your blowing this out of proportion but your not...ok

Meh. I hope Anon wins, but at least this might be entertaining. I don't agree with Mr. Simmons opinion on the matter, but in an attempt to not get banned all I'll say is that he better not get overconfident when dealing with the spawn of the internet.

cobrausn:
Well, Simmons doesn't half-ass anything. I expect this to be a good show.

he is an ass however. Let me illustrate.
Everyone from Marxists to libererals agree that downloading music and such is a preferable choicefor the user and the enviorment! Hey, Gene, I download music, sue me. I also bougth 4 kiss LP's for my collection and heckif they where cheap. I go both ways when it comes to how I get my music and I am proud of it!

Oh this is not going to end well. Hopefully the Escapist will continue to cover this, as I really want to know how this turns out.

Well this should be fun to see I'm going to record this for future historians to know what happened.

"...there's no denying that Gene Simmons is an outsized, outspoken personality"

If by that you mean he's a massive dick, then yes.

Legion:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.

Anonymous isn't invisible, if they deleted the internet then that would be that but is it worth it?

lacktheknack:

Saboten:
The real question to me is can he really find out who took down his site?

I don't think so.

Well, then he is an idiot. If there would be anyone who could call out his false threats, it would be anonymous.

Could we get a live feed to this war? Please?

Asehujiko:

BigEaZyE:

Worgen:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick

Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...

He specifically advocated sexual assault as a punishment for downloading a $0.99 song. That's something completely different than "standing up" against "criminals".

Downloading is not illegal in Canada. Come join us.

OT: I haven't actually heard of this organization before today, but they seem interesting. Wikipedia, I choose you!

Renamedsin:

cobrausn:

Everyone from Marxists to libererals agree that downloading music and such is a preferable choicefor the user and the enviorment! Hey, Gene, I download music, sue me. I also bougth 4 kiss LP's for my collection and heckif they where cheap. I go both ways when it comes to how I get my music and I am proud of it!

Lets not forget to the price of going to a concert!

This is sure going to be...interesting. I have -no idea- what kind of shitfest is going to start brewing.

I'm surprised to see this much division of opinions,
but i think is futile, they might at worst arrest and sue some of the perpetrators but it wont just go away, that is the "Mob" quality that hacktivists tend to be naturally defended by, since in the eyes of the large corporations and law firms, any internet user that has in the past obtained any sort of copyrighted material from an unofficial distributor is liable for lawsuit. (which is quite admittedly well over 80% of the internet population)..yeah good luck with that
on the other hand, neither group has anything to lose, quite admittedly i can already see this being used as a publicity stun.

Gunner_Guardian:
*Gene Simmons has alerted the horde*

Haha, favorite post ever.

My thoughts: Gene Simmons will learn that his skill is not enough to take on the Final Boss of the Internet, and we'll all go on about our business. (that's probably the nerdiest thing I'll ever write on here...)

Declaring war on Anonymous is tremendously dumb. At most, you can unmask a few guys, maybe have them fined or sentenced with some jail-time, but that would only encourage the ones you didn't catch. Hell, even if you managed to shut down 4chan altogether, they'd only regroup somewhere else and start again.

Simply put, you can't take all of them. The Internet is just too big.

Corwynt:

Legion:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.

Anonymous isn't invisible, if they deleted the internet then that would be that but is it worth it?

Well, the whole point of being anonymous is not having your face behind your actions, so technically they are.

Unless you meant invincible...

On one hand...

-If the stuff wasn't so expensive we wouldn't have to pirate.

Buuuut on the other hand...

-Producers have to raise their prices to make up for what is lost due to piracy.

Worgen:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick

He is a dick. All he has done the last couple of years is bitch. 'specially about piracy.

I'd put my money on Anonymous. This will be good, though.

Torrasque:

xXDeMoNiCXx:
Anonymous is a coward who hides behind a computer screen, thinks he's a bigshot and goes out of his way to hack anyone who disagrees with him in the slightest cause it makes his imaginary balls fell big. I will personally laugh when this poser finally gets brought down, I don't care who does it either.

LOL
Please tell me you are kidding xD

If you are, ignore the rest of this post.
If you are not; anonymous represents the nameless, faceless, endless horde of people on the internet.
Most of anon will show support for the small part of anon, and for the most part, are harmless trolls.
That small part though, are more-or-less omnipotent trolls that can do anything they want with a computer.

I stick to my statement but think of it in plural form now.

EHKOS:
I want to see anonymous crushed. They had their chance to become a force to be reckoned with. When I used to go to 4chan I tried to start a revolution. They had their chance, let's see 4chan shut down and Gene Simmons rape ever single one.

How could they respect you, when you obviously do not know of their rules?

One of the well-known, written, and followed rules of Anonymous is that Anonymous can not, and will not, rally behind a leader of any kind. They're kind of like Orks from 40k, and while this chain of command makes them impossible to kill off, it also makes it harder for them to rally to one greater purpose that could do some horrifying results.

Having a leader adds a face to Anonymous. Anonymous has a guy without a face/with a mask for a mascot for good reason.

Douchebag intent:

Renamedsin:

cobrausn:

Lets not forget to the price of going to a concert!

Indeed, some of the prices are outragous! Iron Maiden is goi ng to play here next summer, the tickets are almost as expensive as jewelry.

And for those of you who're keeping score: his website is still down.

Oh snap! Quick somebody get Gene the internet butt hurt form!!

But srsly, this old man needs to stop this before Anon tear him a new one.

Ok, so Gene Simmons said he's getting the FBI to investigate this... is he not familiar with the concept of proxies.

I'm less critical of Anonymous these days. They are essentially the Internets pile of burning feces, used to smoke evil assholes out of there homes. Sure, they are absolute dicks in general, but Anonymous seems to direct that prickery against girls who drown cats for fun, women who taunt terminally ill girls, hustler Scientologists, and other people who are far worse then a bunch of pre-teen racist douchebags keeping their asshattery to an internet forum. And though all that, "Sharing is not stealing" bullshit is silly, Simmons is handling it in a way that borderlines on Trolling. I'm going to go with the self-justifying dimwits long, long before I go with the whiny, selfish bastard.

Also, I saw Gene Simmons, but accidentally thought Richard Simmons on first glance. And that was pretty funny.

I don't like anonymous as they love to ruin people. However...Gene Simmons is becoming something of a dictator. So in this case, I'm backing ANON. The FBI and the Police (as far as I know) tend to avoid ANON because they aren't a bunch of idiots. they know their stuff.

Did he get the cyber police to backtrace the attackers?

I vote to bring down 4Chan, WHOSE WITH ME?
Seriously, I think the RIAA is harsh, but they are how music artist make money. Their would be no music if their were no pay for the artist.

I kinda hope anon wins this. As much as kiss is good, and as much as what anon does is sometimes wrong...well their interests but they still do a whole bunch of great stuff and silence people I don't like. And here in Canada you can download free stuff legaly, which is what I love about Canada. So yeah...go anon!(btw I'm not /b/)

Ok i'll bite.....what is Anonymous?

Celtic_Kerr:
Gene Simmons doesn't take shit. We all know this. He's too big to fuck with. You don't dare fuck with him. If he says he's gonna do something, he's going to do it.

Bring out the pop corn, this is gonna be AWESOME!

Lol, someone on anonymous' side could say exactly the same thing with the name switched at the start ^_^

That said, I disagree with Simmons' stance to fuck up anyone and everyone's life for the petty crime of copyright infringement. If he wanted to 'save the industry', he'd advocate more money to the artists from their CD sales or wider support for independent artists. Piracy takes money from the publishers more than the artists (after all, you can't pirate 'being at a gig').

Also, yeah - he wants to get students sodomised. That's just not cool, no matter how you spin it. I'm sure he never broke any law in his life, not even one that wasn't being enforced and had no immediate repercussions that affected him. Yeah, sooo sure.

Errrr, why is everybody in support of Gene Simmons and against Anonymous? It's my experience that Anonymous usually fuck people up who deserve it and can, overall, be a destructive yet positive community.

Yes, they may post disturbing pictures and spout off racism and, but they have found out people who throw dogs in rivers, put cats in bins, have sexual relations with dogs and put it on youtube, post youtube videos telling people to make a brain slushie, and made them all pay for what they have done.

Heck, just a month or so ago they got together and got an elderly war veteran thousands of birthday cards and presents because of a poster asking people to come to his party.

Gene Simmons is an overrated overpaid eejit who is supporting anti-piracy with his narrow minded view on the subject with him just caring about the money.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 29 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here