EA: Medal of Honor "Didn't Meet Our Quality Expectations"

Pages PREV 1 2

Just admit it, you didn't like the reboot.

Did they not PLAY the multiplayer?! DICE are so overstretched that they forced out this piece of shit, straining so hard they nearly blew a vessel. There are about 11 guns for the Multiplayer, though that number may be wrong because of how little I've played the damn thing lately.
Danger Close should've handled the Multiplayer as well as the Singleplayer, cos the guns were good, the stance system worked well, the sound effects were awesome and the level designs were BIG.

FFS DICE, do you think a map (or two) that you can fit on the screen just by zooming out slightly is big enough?!

/rant

Frankly they should have waited another year on releasing this, giving more time to think about what they could do to set it apart from other modern day shooters. EA has Battlefield to still carry the torch in the meantime, there really wasn't any reason to rush this. Everything said in this article shows they acted way too rashly.

Garak73:
Wonder why they didn't say that at launch? Surely they knew at launch that it didn't meet their quality expectations.

That would have been suicide on their part, as when people would have heard that, they would figure it isn't worth their $50 to $60

samsonguy920:
Frankly they should have waited another year on releasing this, giving more time to think about what they could do to set it apart from other modern day shooters. EA has Battlefield to still carry the torch in the meantime, there really wasn't any reason to rush this. Everything said in this article shows they acted way too rashly.

Garak73:
Wonder why they didn't say that at launch? Surely they knew at launch that it didn't meet their quality expectations.

That would have been suicide on their part, as when people would have heard that, they would figure it isn't worth their $50 to $60

I know that but ya know, the people who bought this game and do like it probably don't appreciate EA bashing it. It's like EA is telling them that they got ripped off.

This is the battlecry of someone backing themselves into a corner.

He even said at the very beginning "Oh, it wasn't up to our standards" but kept making excuses for that and saying "the team was really great".

And I'm sorry, but saying all that then saying, and I fucking quote, "...I'm not at all saying Medal of Honor is a failure. It is a successful reboot of that franchise..." makes you look like an idiot, because the gaming public says otherwise (That it's a successful reboot, that is). And your comment at the very start seems purely hypocritical.

It's actually kind of frustrating just how bad EA is at doing their job.

I mean did they do any market research into the MoH name before funding the game in the first place? Did they look into the past sales of MoH games?

Did they talk to gamers and get their opinions on the series and what they expect/want in a modern day high quality FPS?

Did they not do any sort of strategic planing at all?

I could have told them a new MoH game was a bad idea a few years ago, and I can't think of a single gamer that buys MoH games. They had their chance at entering the FPS market, but they gave that chance to a MoH game and it turned out like expected. Shitty in comparison to the FPS elite, and therefor not worth buying.

PS: Don't even get me started on the Taliban thing, that was obviously a stupid idea in the first place and the way they reacted was unprofessional. Fire someone EA you shouldn't be losing this much money, if I was given your resources I could do much better and im not even done with college yet.

I actually felt the game was a rail shooter with a trump ending. And it tried way too hard to imitate MW. (talking about single player only)

Mr.Pandah:
I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype train for this game.

Well done my young panda friend. You have completed the first step in broadening your horizon and reaching gaming nirvana. Next step is to not buy modern shooters. Be wary! The way is still long and filled with dangerous trials and decisions.

Remember meeeeeeeeeeeee *fades away*

;)

Brotherofwill:

Mr.Pandah:
I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype train for this game.

Well done my young panda friend. You have completed the first step in broadening your horizon and reaching gaming nirvana. Next step is to not buy modern shooters. Be wary! The way is still long and filled with dangerous trials and decisions.

Remember meeeeeeeeeeeee *fades away*

;)

Haha

Wait! Don't go! I have so many more questions! Noooo!!!

Honestly, I'm tired of developers and publishers making up excuses. If you wanted to make a good game you would have made a good game. Any sort of "mishap" could have been repaired if they actually wanted to. But they didn't and now that the game is released and it sold quite good they're making up excuses so as to make gamers sympathize with them.

There's absolutely no reason to buy Medal of Honor since it's just a trimmed down version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Still, it sold well and bitching that it didn't overtake Call of Duty is just moronic.

Medal of Honor Not Doing Well; EA Scrambles for Someone to Point Finger At

Buddy, Black ops is already overhyped. Its like, leaving a pound of brie on the sidewalk for a week and calling it expired.

Sniper Team 4:
Quick! Without looking, what's the name of the fourth guy on Deuce's team? Deuce, Dusty, Panther, and...? Did he even have any lines in the game? Play Frontline (if you got the PS3 version), and then compare that length to Medal of Honor's length.

Voodoo, and in fact he along with Deuce, I think, gets to say the first few lines of the game. I noticed it because it was one of those not-very-frequent cases of games/movies handling well this "people speaking foreign languages and not just english" thing they so love to be lazy about.

Funny that they wait until after people have spent their money on the game, created topics and written letters about the quality, then they say 'oh yeah, by the way, this isn't really good enough. We will do better in the future.'

I mean, I know their a business, but damn, this is a slap in the face.

It really all depends on what EA were expecting.....

It could have exceeded expectations!

Yea I played the Beta on PC and while it was a decent game, it wasn't something I would buy, I borrowed the game for PS3 and man was the console version the worst multiplayer experience of my life.

Galad:

Sniper Team 4:
Quick! Without looking, what's the name of the fourth guy on Deuce's team? Deuce, Dusty, Panther, and...? Did he even have any lines in the game? Play Frontline (if you got the PS3 version), and then compare that length to Medal of Honor's length.

Voodoo, and in fact he along with Deuce, I think, gets to say the first few lines of the game. I noticed it because it was one of those not-very-frequent cases of games/movies handling well this "people speaking foreign languages and not just english" thing they so love to be lazy about.

Sadly, you are incorrect. Voodoo is on Preacher, Rabbit, and Mother's team. Deuce's team is Dusty, Panther, and Vegas. This is what I'm talking about.

It WAS a mediocre game.

So... wait...

How wasn't it up to EA standards?

Woodsey:
Just give more money to Crytek to get their funk on.

Let's face it, games lose favour for simply not being CoD, so invest more in something that is noticeably different (and more interesting, I might add).

This. I have given up on "realistic" war shooters, if I'm going to play war I'm going to want at least a power suit while I'm at it. Or absolutely hilarious amounts of explosives. Or crossbows that shoot explosives. Or stealthy machetes. You know, the FUN parts of war!

yes i could have told them this when they release the beta. Game was never gonna be up to snuff the second anyone played game pre-released XD

EA go back to making rhythm games and Madden! :P

Absolute stupidity .... EA you boggle my mind sometimes. How any of you still have a job is totally beyond my comprehension. I don't want your accountant trimmed, overhyped, under developed crap, and never will.

lacktheknack:
This. I have given up on "realistic" war shooters, if I'm going to play war I'm going to want at least a power suit while I'm at it. Or absolutely hilarious amounts of explosives. Or crossbows that shoot explosives. Or stealthy machetes. You know, the FUN parts of war!

When I feel like that I usually go for Just Cause 2 with the DLC weapons and unlimited ammo :P

I'm convinced that EA could deliver a good game. But trying to get a ride on CoD coattails isn't the way to do it.
Instead of making a knock-off of an already existing franchise, they should concentrate on creating new and innovative games.

lacktheknack:

Woodsey:

Let's face it, games lose favour for simply not being CoD, so invest more in something that is noticeably different (and more interesting, I might add).

oops..hehehe..I guess I remembered Voodoo but not the rest of the NPCs :P

Galad:

lacktheknack:

Woodsey:

oops..hehehe..I guess I remembered Voodoo but not the rest of the NPCs :P

...what?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook