Amazing Crossover Cameo Infiltrates Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Amazing Crossover Cameo Infiltrates Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

This newly-leaked secret cameo in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood may make fans of stealth action games say "!"

There's a stealthy and lethal blade-wielding assassin stalking the streets of Renaissance Rome, and it isn't just Ezio Auditore de Firenze. In fact, not only is it someone from outside the Assassin's Creed series, this character isn't even owned by developer Ubisoft. Do you want to guess who it is? Well, do you? Go on, I can wait.

It's kind of a spoiler. So, you shouldn't look below this unless you really mean it. I'll say that again: Spoiler Warning!

We're kind of purposefully stretching the page here right now. In case you couldn't tell, anyway. You never know, you don't want someone to just click on this and be spoiled right away because of the image, right?

Seriously though, it's pretty surprising. I certainly wouldn't have expected something like this from Ubisoft and the Assassin's Creed series.

Give up?

As you can see from the image below, the secret hidden cameo is none other than Raiden - the brooding, sword-wielding cyborg ninja from Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 4. This, of course, is the "cool" version of Raiden after his Metal Gear Solid 2 incarnation went over with gamers about as well as the Hindenburg went over with docking towers in New Jersey.

A Joystiq reader sent in the images you see here, revealing ninja-Raiden as an alternate unlockable costume for Ezio in the upcoming Brotherhood. The tipster claims that the Raiden skin is unlocked by fully completing the Animus' new training mode, which seems like a bit of an easy task for unlocking a costume that looks this cool - but I'm not going to complain.

This isn't the first time that Metal Gear and the Assassin's Creed universe have bumped heads - AC1 protagonist Altair's white robe was an alternate outfit for Solid Snake in MGS4 after an infamous(ly cool) April Fools' joke. It's good to see these two different franchises and different companies coming together with the goal of stabbing people in the face.

Yes, Mr. Kojima, I like it. I like it quite a bit.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is out in North America on November 16, 2010, and the rest of the world shortly thereafter.

(Joystiq)

Badarse. Although I won't use it, as it looks extremely out of place.

If you're actually concerned about spoiling this for people then take the "!" part out of the description on the front page. That makes it painfully obvious that the character is from MGS.

Whuuuuuuuuuut? Okay, that's pretty cool. It just came out of nowhere.

This is actually quite awesome. Though it would be more awesome if it was from Ubisoft game. How about Splinter Cell costume :D

Where's my Morpheus badge already?!

I'm happy and angry at the same time. Raiden is cool, but why not Solid Snake? Heck, Otacon's cooler than Raiden.

Mind blown!

Seriously, that is a nice move on both companies parts. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting Brotherhood, goddamn x-mas! Hurry the hell up!

Obligatory.

Seriously, the "/!\" gives it away faster than those searchlights on the helipad.

With that arse of an ending in ACII, it sounds like I'll have to pick this one up. Maybe just a rental, but things have gotten interesting.

snowman6251:
If you're actually concerned about spoiling this for people then take the "!" part out of the description on the front page. That makes it painfully obvious that the character is from MGS.

Are you sure? I guess I need to play more MGS...

snowman6251:

Have to agree, though my first thought was Solid Snake, not Raiden. Still, I imagine this could lead to a lot of amusement.

Kinda obvious since MGS4 had Altairs clothes.

I won't use this and I'm completely neutral on it. But snake in an Altair costume looked badass

You know, if you guys were REALLY sensitive to spoilers, you wouldn't make it so obvious what the cameo was from... and put the name of the series in the tags. At this point, it's clearly Snake or Raiden, so I just went ahead and fully spoiled it for myself.

I frequent many game sites, and this was the only one that spoiled it for me.

Nice! however, as said before, it does look a tad out of place. Badass as hell, though!

Im not sure why people keep pushing Raiden off as cool, he was never cool.

Onyx Oblivion:

I will use it, as it looks extremely in place.

And speaking of the ending...

sooperman:
With that arse of an ending in ACII, it sounds like I'll have to pick this one up. Maybe just a rental, but things have gotten interesting.

The ending wasn't as bad as the first Assassin's Creed's was, it actually explained someting to you rather than

I know why it's given to you so easily. It's a pile of crap that will never get used. Even Altairs costume didn't fit in the second game so to be honest this will just annoy me.

i wont use it on my first play through.....i like to have everything looking right

but on my second?

Raiden will be stalking the citys rooftops

Makes sense, considering one certain outfit in MGS4.

Oh dammit, now part of me wants to get this game. If only because I want to play as Raiden without bothering with Rising or MGO.

Didju rike id?

For a second there my brain made the ! sound but then when I saw it was Raiden I stopped caring hahaha. Here goes:

This will surely kill off a few braincells.

Brotherofwill:
Didju rike id?

For a second there my brain made the ! sound but then when I saw it was Raiden I stopped caring hahaha. Here goes:

This will surely kill off a few braincells.

It sure did.

And no, i did not Rike id.

why would they do that? now half the people in the game are going to be wearing the same thing...it will be like hayabusa all over again!

Pretty cool, though I'm neither a fan of MGS in general nor Raiden specifically. Still, I get a kick out of those things.

Well I haven't played MGS4 but the costume still looks cool. But its renaissance Rome and I'll be an assassin not a frickin harlequin thank you. That's for multiplayer

John Funk:
A Joystiq reader sent in the images you see here, revealing ninja-Raiden as an alternate unlockable costume for Ezio in the upcoming Brotherhood. The tipster claims that the Raiden skin is unlocked by fully completing the Animus' new training mode, which seems like a bit of an easy task for unlocking a costume that looks this cool - but I'm not going to complain.

I think the entire multiplayer mode is considered the "training" thing, and if you get 100% of the awards and levels and stuff you'd get it, but I could be completely wrong.

Still, seems only fitting since MGS4 had an Altair costume you could unlock, so this is awesome in my book!

gabe12301:
why would they do that? now half the people in the game are going to be wearing the same thing...it will be like hayabusa all over again!

That was annoying... I went to a lot of trouble to unlock the Hayabusa armour, and then found everyone wearing it. I had to change away from it on general principle - there's no point to customisation if everyone uses the same thing.

Also, as a result of this, I just made my first ever youtube comment. And my second. It's surprisingly hard to work out if you've actually posted, so the inevitable double post reared it's ugly head...

Wow, that so isn't entirely out of place in all regards imaginable for an Assassins Creed game. /sarcasm

Sometimes I just hate some of these gimmick costumes, really..

thats actually kinda cool. I would totally play as that raiden.

Who?

Onyx Oblivion:

exactly why I am thinking it wont be in multiplayer.

if it is, that person will just be fodder for everyone else unless it has some bullshit ability like a fast sprint or temp. camo.

Isn't Raiden supposed to have silver hair?

I'd rather they put in the Raiden everyone hates just to piss everyone off. Or even better, Master Chief.

...So, I'M Gonna have to post this? Alright.

I dunno what to say. Future cyborg ninja assassin? Everyone in that time period is like a pathetic hobo compared to him. A hobo that can't even stand long enough to stop wetting himself to throw empty soup cans at you. HOW DOES THIS OUTFIT MAKE SENSE?

I mean, I'm sure it's badass, but seriously? If this were actually Raiden, there would be no way you could lose.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here