Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

During Bill Nye's lecture at USC this week, he fainted and compared himself to Lady Gaga.

Concern is in the air today for the well being of Bill Nye, the man known primarily as the Science Guy. While lecturing at USC about global warming, Nye collapsed.

Reports say that Nye fainted from exhaustion, and not a drug and alcohol-fueled night of insane craziness. Nye may have been thinking too much about the world's health, and not enough about his own.

Nye became popular thanks to Bill Nye the Science Guy, a kids television show than ran from 1993 to 1998 which was sort of like Mr. Wizard, but with more humor and without those creepy helpers. It made science entertaining enough for kids that had just finished watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and had an intro that could have been written by C&C Music Factory.

When Nye recovered, he reportedly said: "What happened? How long was I out? Wow, that was crazy. I feel like Lady Gaga or something." Don't worry Bill, we know you were probably just really tired.

Nye still finished his lecture for the hundreds in attendance, albeit sitting in a chair. The L.A. Times reports that the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened. Thankfully, Nye was okay, but seriously, how about leaving Twitter behind for once when Bill Nye needs help? There's only one Science Guy, and the world needs him.

Source: L.A. Times

Scientists conclude updating Twitter does not help scientists.

FFS!

Ohwell. I probably woudlnt' get up to help him as fast as most would think due to mob stuff, but I definitely wouldn't be updating twitter because I"m not a jackass who brings something that is attached to the internet when the SCIENCE GUY is giving a talk.

Thank god he's fine.

And really people? Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy faints and you don't try to help? I hope those who were twittering instead of helping get smacked.

But, anger aside, again I'm glad to hear he's fine.

SCIENNNCE! Also no one helped him...why is that?

Definitive proof that Twitter is evil: It hates science.

Bill Nye is the coolest Science Guy in the history of Science Guys. His show was seriously the coolest thing on TV back in the late 90's. My Tech teacher last year even used a few episodes to provide a visual aid.

Anarchemitis:
Scientists conclude updating Twitter does not help scientists.

Experiment concluded, the scientific community moves on to testing whether Lady Gaga feels like Bill Nye when she faints.

All tuckered out from all the science-ing he'd been doing.

With science.

Wow, I just had to click the link to his intro song. Then share it on Facebook. Oh, nostalgia.

It's good to see that it wasn't an act, and he really is a smart, funny guy. I'm not even interested in taking a science course in college, but I'd totally go to one of his lectures. Good to hear he's okay, at least.

Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
If he dies he's going on my list on Celebrities I'll miss.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
-Probably a few more I forgot.

Stalk3rchief:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio

He'd be on mine too. Mine's about the same, only I also have Gary Coleman on my list.

I'm glad he's alive.

Not that I thought he would die from fainting or some shit.

I was actually just wondering if he was still alive after all these years or if he died. Nice to know he's still alive.

Those kids need to be smacked by the way.

Irridium:

Stalk3rchief:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio

He'd be on mine too. Mine's about the same, only I also have Gary Coleman on my list.

Gary Coleman died!? O.O
I was out of contact with the world for a year or two, I must have missed the news! o.0
Damn it! This sucks!

Stalk3rchief:

Irridium:

Stalk3rchief:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio

Gary Coleman died!? O.O
I was out of contact with the world for a year or two, I must have missed the news! o.0
Damn it! This sucks!

Then you probably didn't hear about Micheal Jackson...
Yeah, Jackson died as well.

I watched his videos in Chemistry. I thought he was dead. O.O seriously, though, Lady Gaga has nothing on Bill Nye the Science Guy!! :)

Bill Nye, the science guy. *starts singing*
Glad he's ok!

Well good to hear he's alright. People should have helped him though, the man who got an entire generation interested in science deserves that at least.

The greatest scientist in the world has just collapsed, and your on &@#!ing Twitter?!

THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Irridium:
Thank god he's fine.

And really people? Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy faints and you don't try to help? I hope those who were twittering instead of helping get smacked.

But, anger aside, again I'm glad to hear he's fine.

The question posed to those USC students was:

Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy just fainted. Are you man enough to help the fuck out?

Apparently, they were not.

I thought this thread was about him dying, I was about to start crying. I freaking LOVE Bill Nye the Science Guy. I still watch them episodes, yo. <3

I'll save you in a second Bill, I must tell the world that you just passed out first.

Hopefully the science guy will take pity upon your lowly twitter souls and spare you the hell that only he could make.

Irridium:
Thank god he's fine.

My thoughts exactly. Bill Nye was my childhood ideal.

Take care of yourself Mr. Nye, I learned more from you than I did from school.

Aylaine:
I thought this thread was about him dying, I was about to start crying.

Me too, I was scared when I read the title!

icyneesan:
The greatest scientist in the world has just collapsed, and your on &@#!ing Twitter?!

THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Bloody good question.

I have several of the old VHS tapes of his show, and now I feel like watching them. Its great to hear he's alright, greater that he's still doing sciency things.

And it'll be the greatest thing when those twitter buggers have something bad happen to them, and others decide to twitter or update their facebook about it instead of helping them. Nothing fatal, but just painful enough to make 'em learn their lesson, like witnessing a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick instead of being its target.

Well that's good. I wish my AP physics teacher let us watch bill nye. Damn, I got to finish my physics homework.

Am I to conclude that Bill Nye is the American Johnny Ball/Robert Llewellyn?

Tom Goldman:
the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened

That's actually closer to the most helpful type of response than rushing to the rescue.
If nobody else seems to want to help or if you have good enough reasons to believe there is no staff doctor that would need free passage to the stage... then yeah, you get up and go help (if you think you CAN help), or ask around if anybody IS a doctor.
Cluttering around somebody that just fell down is one of the stupidest things you can do... it only takes one or maybe very few people to help, and a crowd gathered to gawk hinders assistance more than it could possibly help, since it prevents REAL rescue from coming in fast enough, or any other number of things.

Souplex:
Definitive proof that Twitter is evil: It hates science.

Fuck the Pope too! (Just kidding Papists)

Nostalgia, those were the days...

I remember having to use an entire roll of tin foil on the rabbit ears just to get a good picture.

Wasn't even in the 3rd grade then.

wow, I feel old.

Irridium:

Stalk3rchief:

Irridium:

Gary Coleman died!? O.O
Damn it! This sucks!

Then you probably didn't hear about Micheal Jackson...
Yeah, Jackson died as well.

I heard about that... I hated that guy. ^-^

Tibike77:

Tom Goldman:
the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened

That's actually the proper type of response.
Cluttering around somebody that just fell down is one of the stupidest things you can do... it only takes one or maybe very few people to help, and a crowd gathered to gawk hinders assistance more than it could possibly help.
If nobody else seems to want to help or if you have good enough reasons to believe there is no staff doctor that would need free passage to the stage... then yeah, you get up and go help (if you think you CAN help), or ask around if anybody IS a doctor.

Well according to the article when he first collapsed it said nobody did anything to help. Thats what people here seem to be angry about.

Its what I'm angry about at least.

I am so happy he's alright he made my science class fun and sparked my interest in science

This is proof twitter wants to take over the world they are quietly knocking off anyone that could stand in their way! First Bill Nye who knows whos next! Watch out Hawking Twitters gunning for you

The only thing I can think of is that one part in The Idiots of Gmod 2 when the techno remix of the Bill Nye song kicks in. Does this make me a bad person?

stop textin, stop textin,
Nye don't wanna talk anymore
he left his head and his heart (and the rest of himself) on the dance floor :P

I saw him on CNN during the Gulf oil spill: Oh Bill you can even make environmental disasters fun to watch.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Am I to conclude that Bill Nye is the American Johnny Ball/Robert Llewellyn?

Root, you don't even know
Bill Nye makes Q look like a paving stone.

Skullkid4187:
SCIENNNCE! Also no one helped him...why is that?

Nope, everyone left him on the stage while they were on their phones.

Oh come on, please.

What do you people expect? everyone in the crowd to rush the stage?
there were probably some people already at him when he dropped.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here