Man Attaches Cyborg Camera Implant to His Skull

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Normalgamer:

EllEzDee:
That is batshit insane. And disgusting.

Why is it disgusting? I think your not seeing this from his viewpoint.

OT: Good for him, I suppose. I can't think of ways this will help anyon though.

its art, thus it dosent need to.

*gagging noises*

What an amazingly stupid waste. This isn't going to advance machine/machine-assisted vision at all; this is just a tarted-up webcam hooked up to a 4G digital modem, and could easily have been done without surgical invention by someone with more imagination. The guy's just a really extreme version of a 'cam-whore.

Count me out of the gallery opening, thank you.

-- Steve

He must be a fan of Deus Ex.

This_ends_now:
I think it's kind of funny that everyone here supports the extremist nature of transexuals, but when someone wants to put a camera on the back of their head, suddenly he's a crazy son of a bitch. Maybe he should have just gotten a vagina surgically attached to his forehead. Seems like most people would have been more accepting of that type of bat shit insanity.

I think most of us aren't condemning the act of attaching tech to one's body in and of itself. Rather, we condemn it because it was done "for the art," rather than as a means to advance technology, or to satisfy a psycho-biological drive (as in the case of Transsexuals (As I understand their motivations...which is very little))

Note: I do not share this opinion, I'm merely explaining it. I myself have a profound opinion of "meh" concerning the whole thing. It's not using more advanced tech, nor does it appear to have many far-reaching repercussions. I just see an artist doing weird stuff, and I don't care.

Performance art is... dark.

I don't even want to think about that kind of stuff.

Faeriian:
...uh he agreed to turn off the camera when on campus to protect the students? from what? and if they need protection from..the camera? why dont other people need protection from it

Same reason they ban cellphone cameras in healthclub showers. Taking pictures of other people in the showers and posting them online.

This is really cool, I don't know what more to say other than really cool. Going to extremes for art is pretty damn cool in my books. Good on him. I don't see why so many people are saying he is stupid for this, he can do what he wants to do with himself and it's not hurting anyone, other than that painful procedure he had.

"GIVE ME ATTENTION NOW!!!"

Perhaps a loud shirt would be a better option?

NO. NOT COOL.

Sorry, but this isn't "Art". It's an experiment of the deranged.

This_ends_now:
I think it's kind of funny that everyone here supports the extremist nature of transexuals, but when someone wants to put a camera on the back of their head, suddenly he's a crazy son of a bitch. Maybe he should have just gotten a vagina surgically attached to his forehead. Seems like most people would have been more accepting of that type of bat shit insanity.

I like how you "everyone" as if it's fact.

ha he's got eye(s) on the back of his head!

I wonder, will 4chan rip him to shreds?

But good for him! If it makes him happy, then he should go for it.

The back of his head: "This better be worth it man, this better be worth it..."

A camera? In the back of the HEAD?! O_O

...Ow, that makes me hurt just thinking about it! The guy's got balls!

Normalgamer:

EllEzDee:
That is batshit insane. And disgusting.

Why is it disgusting? I think your not seeing this from his viewpoint.

OT: Good for him, I suppose. I can't think of ways this will help anyon though.

He's had a camera bolted to the back of his skull. I can't understand how that's not disgusting.

LordOfInsanity:
Cool. This could be the first step into augmented eyes! Machine eyes for those that can't see!

We already have those. They're just really expensive.

This'd be so much cooler it it was a video camera and he had a screen in front of one eye to see behind him....and if there were dinosaurs

Umm does this mean he can't get an MRI scan of his head? The article mentions that the transdermal implants are made of titanium.

Just checked: turns out titanium isn't magnetic. They obviously were aware of this possible problem.

Neat project though, although it might take some unsavoury pictures at times 0.0

I hope the article picture isn't, yknow... the actual thing. Because that's freakin huge, and you can certainly get 5mpx phonecam sensors that are incredibly small...

Why doesn't he just wear a big hat with a camera attached to it and pointing back? fucking retard.

Or just duct tape the thing to the back of your head? I mean jesus...

And this is considered art... god damn it.

couldn't he just use a strap or some tape? sounds like he's gone a little too far by actually screwing it into his skull :P

It has begun.

EDIT: Oh wait, he can't actually see with it. Too bad.

Although as an art project it's pretty kick ass too.

Wasn't as cool as I'd thought it would be, it was actually pretty disgusting.

He could have just worn a helmet cam, but that'd be too obvious to bystanders and wouldn't work for the premise of the project, it seems

Yes because clearly stitching a camera the size of a small smoke detector to the back of your head is in no way more obvious to bystanders.... >__>

I can tell you right now what's he's going to leave behind with that camera attached to his skull. Tons of people all with "Wtf is on the back of his head?" looks on their face. I don't pretend to understand artists, I just smile and nod when they show me a canvas that looks like it was left in a pre-school classroom during finger-painting hour and tell me its some angsty statement on the human condition.

NO, bad man, don't do that!

Seriously though, its an experiment, but its going to be two thirds "wall, wall, wall, pillow, pillow, pillow..."

I've spent nine weeks in a class that displays "art" similar to this, people who have some kind of "artistic intent" and then use technology to implement the idea and get it showcased in a museum.

It is stupid every time.
I've waited nine-weeks to find anything interesting or worthwhile to come from the class within revolutionizing either art or science or technology. Nothing.

This is like that.

.... wow what a psycho.

A camera hat would've been much easier.

it is from him that we finally meat the goblin that prods at us from our backs, no no dont turn around to look at him, he will only disappear and make you yawn

thank you for your scientific advancement for the discovery of gremlins

KeyMaster45:
I just smile and nod when they show me a canvas that looks like it was left in a pre-school classroom during finger-painting hour and tell me its some angsty statement on the human condition.

THANK YOU for saying that, do you know how many times ive felt that and they say you just dont comprehend art, they dont comprehend shapes! art seems to mean now the act of seeing what you can get away with selling as prestigious.

sooperman:
Is is strange to anyone else that Tom has put up all five of the most recent news posts? Is everyone else on break? Either way, props for keeping up, Tom.

Lord_Panzer:
Wonder how many pictures of his ceiling we're going to see.

*wink wink*

Hundreds, I'm sure. :D

Why do you two think he is going to tie his shoes a lot?

Step 1: Cyborg camera in back of head
Step 2: Create art
Step 3: ????
Step 4: BORG
Step 5: Assimilate

The end is nigh comrades

A helmetcam would've been too obvious and intrusive, but a big metal disc popping out the back of his head is fine?

I think all TSA agents ought to be required to undergo this surgery in the name of "counter-terrorism", but mostly so those assholes can pay a price for their behavior in airports.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here