Man Attaches Cyborg Camera Implant to His Skull

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

must make sleeping really uncomfortable. plus the photos while he's asleep will be DULL

this seems just stupid :\ this is like the type of thing a really pretentious artist would do... know if he had the camera linked to his brain so that he could actually see thru it, THAT would be cool

What an attention seeking pretentious douchebag.

Anyone else would have just worn a harness mounted camera, with the camera on backwards, the type which is commonly sold in tech and camera shops. Comfortable and cheap, and not requiring extremely retarded surgery. but not this pillock, he needs to be EXTREEEME!

God I want to punch that camera off his head.

exactly what does this achieve that some duct tape couldn't have?
if he wants to create some weird art project where he photographs everything behind him, go ahead. I don't really see the point, but whatever. but surgically attaching a camera to you head? i mean... why would you even WANT to do that? and it's not like the images are transmitted to his brain or anything like that. so what's the added value of the fact that it's surgically attached??
also, way to screw over your own privacy. better minimize that browser before you turn your back on the pc.

Cyborg eye would be better, and if he was able to turn it off at times it would be even better.

Congratulations! You have 0 friends!

I wonder if a few months/years down the line it turns out that the magnets he placed in his skull start affecting his brain functions...like if it suddenly starts working.
http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/articles/040216/16bipolar.htm

He obviously won't be getting any for at least a year now. That's all I have to say.
Oh... wait... into the skull? Seriously?! Grrr.

Guess he really does have eyes in the back of his head.

What a sad little man. What does he think he's going to achieve? It's a completely pointless project, done in the most impractical manner possible.

He could've just glued it to his skin, or clipped it on to the back of his shirt...

What happens if he falls down and hits the back of his head? Those titanium pins going to drive into the back of his skull or what?

Still, artists are insane by their very nature. Or at least that's what Van Gough's severed ear told me.

This just sounds incredibly stupid. I mean, what is going to be so amazing that is captured just by looking from the back of your head.
*shakes head* I think the guy deserved the pain for the idiocy of this.

wammnebu:
I wonder if a few months/years down the line it turns out that the magnets he placed in his skull start affecting his brain functions...like if it suddenly starts working.

It very well could. After all, magnetic therapy (I can't think of the actual name for it) is used to physically alter brain functions. It's used as a temporary treatment for schizophrenia I believe.

So this is on the back of his head..?
After a while all the pictures will just be of hair, either that or pictures of many people following him with weird looks on their faces as they wonder wtf he put on his head.

MikailCaboose:

wammnebu:

It very well could. After all, magnetic therapy (I can't think of the actual name for it) is used to physically alter brain functions. It's used as a temporary treatment for schizophrenia I believe.

I think its ECT, and it includes electroshock therapy.

MetaKnight19:
I saw this in the paper today and I was like 'What the hell have you done man?'

agreed i mean i would just wanna pull it out if i was behind him

On another note your avatar is so AWESOME
Christmas + konata = genius

Main thing I thought is, could it not have been attached in about a hundred other ways without being really creepy and being left a hole in the back of your head?

Secondly I thought, who'd miss the opportunity to build a big robotic eye around the camera shell? If you're going to be creepy, do it properly!

this is some scary thing to do and to think of as a future tendence in society....

Aw, it doesn't connect to his brain.

Quiet Stranger:
I guess this man
*puts on sun glasses*
really DOES have eyes in the back of his head

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Beat me to it :/

Gonna suck once his camera gets outdated.

Hang on, a 10 megapixel image is going to get transmitted out of a device stuck to his skull every minute for a year.

Enjoy your brain cancer.

Faeriian:
...uh he agreed to turn off the camera when on campus to protect the students? from what? and if they need protection from..the camera? why dont other people need protection from it

Here's one reason: The street is public property. You're allowed photographing anyone and anything on public property. New York University isn't public property. People have different reasonable expectations of privacy in the non-public domain.

Tankichi:
That's messed up. Would be cooler if he made a Prosthetic eye that can record images?

My thoughts exactly.

In his immortal word uddered that day, the man who changed science said, "It hurt alot".

Sounds interesting to me.

I've got absolutely nothing against this. At the very least. The thousands of images will make for interesting viewing.

Tom Goldman:

So, is that the actual camera? Because that's about as inconspicuous as this;

Actually, maybe even less. Seriously, I'd understand doing this if the camera was small. Then the people you see with it would actually be acting normal. And that could yield some interesting results. Instead, most pictures will just be of people confused by the man with a smoke detector drilled onto the back of his skull. Which could still produce some neat stuff, but a camera hat could do the same thing without requiring you to undergo painful surgery that might also be dangerous.

Some people are saying the project itself is stupid, and I disagree with that. However actually implanting the camera in his body is pretty dumb since it doesn't accomplish anything unique.

Nintendolover222:

Tankichi:
That's messed up. Would be cooler if he made a Prosthetic eye that can record images?

My thoughts exactly.

And plus his is just a object put in his head. If it where a camera controlled by his brain that would be awesome but just putting it in there seems weird.

This_ends_now:
I think it's kind of funny that everyone here supports the extremist nature of transexuals, but when someone wants to put a camera on the back of their head, suddenly he's a crazy son of a bitch. Maybe he should have just gotten a vagina surgically attached to his forehead. Seems like most people would have been more accepting of that type of bat shit insanity.

Total Double Post but even if you offended someone the last part of your post was awesomely funny.

The rest of his nature life that thing will stay and the whole will never leave

Reminds me a bit of the people that are into life-logging.

This has a completely different purpose though.

I actually considered life-logging at one point, but I'm still trying to figure out some technical hurdles, and a few other issues.

Mainly it's because I hate forgetting things, and take pictures obsessively anyway, so I figured why not?

But aside from technical challenges, I was also confronted with how to effectively disguise a set of cameras intended to show clearly what I'm looking at (which implies head-mounted), without looking like a complete and utter lunatic.

Copyright and privacy also comes into it, because while I wouldn't be inclined to make my lifelog publicly available, like some people do, there are those who don't like it if you take pictures of them.

Not to mention the headache of 'restricted' areas (london underground comes to mind), and those that cause issues with copyright (like a cinema, or museum).

Not to moments, like, say, having sex. (it's not such an issue if it's alone since I wouldn't intend to show it to people, but it could cause issues if there's another person involved.)

You might as why not just turn it off at moments like this, but the whole point of a life-log is that it records everything, so every time you turn it off, you're messing up it's purpose.

Of course, this 'art' project, while sharing some characteristics with a lifelog is definitely something odd. Who'd want to physically mount the camera to themselves, after all?
For that matter, it's on the back of his head, too...

Well, it takes all sorts I guess.

Is this legal? Can he take pictures of people without their permission and display them at an exhibit?

Does someone wanna surgically implante a kick me sign to his back to finish the job?

Thank you Professor, for ruining all my hard work. >.>
...When my friends find out about this, there's no way I can disprove that my school isn't filled with crazy.

chemicalreaper:

ishist:
I think it's pointless and ridiculous. This guy needs his ability to communicate with other people revoked lest others begin to screw cameras into their skulls for "art".

It is. He's clearly not a very good artist if the only thing he can think of is to stick a camera in the back of his skull. What a friggin' idiot. Another thing to add to his list of crazy shit, that makes me think he should be locked in the loony bin.

It's less art and more "Hey look at me I'm doing something batshit cra- I mean innovative." and the art snobs will eat it up.

I'm a fan of letting any artist do what they want but when it gets obscure I just put it on my "don't care list".

Halceon:
Pointless tech-fappery. Now, if he'd hooked it up to his visual cortex, he'd be getting my kudos. Now, only sneers.

Same. This is pretty pointless.

Seems like a load of arty wank.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook