Cartoonist Does Star Wars Written By Dr. Seuss

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cartoonist Does Star Wars Written By Dr. Seuss

A cartoonist has reimagined Star Wars as if it were created by Dr. Seuss instead of George Lucas.

In Adam Watson's world, Dr. Seuss's One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish might have been called One Jedi Two Jedi Red Jedi Blue Jedi instead. The cartoonist is currently mashing Star Wars with the style of the children's book author for a project that you could probably call Seuss Wars, if you really want to.

Watson's project started out as a doodle, but has become something that is already pretty cool. As of this writing, he has six illustrations of popular Star Wars characters and scenes, but they are undeniably Dr. Seuss-ed up through and through.

Dr. Seuss's Jabba the Hut is noticeably less slimy than George Lucas's original creation, which is a plus. There are almost no words for how awesome Watson's Seuss Wars Darth Vader and Chewbacca are, so you'll just have to see for yourself in the following images.

So far Watson has done a few pages of Seuss Wars with Dr. Seuss-style poetry alongside of the art, and it fits really well in my opinion. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I would buy an entire book or three of Seuss Wars if it were somehow possible to produce it, but it likely isn't without Lucas or the Lorax showing up at Watson's door. Still, Watson's work makes for some great fan art, and I'm sure those books are really great reads in the alternate dimensions they exist in.

Check out the rest of Seuss Wars here.

Absoloutely splendid. Reminds me of Jake Parker artworks.

Mind=Blown

This is awesome. I loved Dr. Seuss as a kid and I still like Star Wars. What a great combination.

Edit: Aw, I thought there was an actual book. Too bad; I would love to see the original trilogy in Seuss form.

This wins the internet for the month.

The pictures alone are worth it. The Dr.Seuss writing along with it just make it even freakin' better.

You don't really get Dr Seuss in the UK, at least not when I was young, so although I know what it is, I can't be amazed by this. I feel like I should be amazed however.

My head just 'Sploded all over the place!!!

Great!!!

Verlander:
You don't really get Dr Seuss in the UK, at least not when I was young, so although I know what it is, I can't be amazed by this.

Me neither. But it's Star Wars and I feel it's my fanboy duty to give this one a "yay!"...

That has to be the best thing I have seen all day.

I HIGHLY dislike it. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan (I like it to some degree, though), but this is just awful.

IMO.

He hasn't really go the writing down but the pictures are very cool.

Simply awesome.

"that Darthly Vader"... love it!

I just did a nerdgasm and blew a gasget in my nostalgia face at the same time.

The darth vader picture (the 2nd one) reminds me of the work of sergio aragones. Awesome stuff!

floppylobster:

I full heartedly agree. I hope he honestly tries to make and publish this as a book. If he doesn't, I will be sad face.

s0m3th1ng:

This too.

floppylobster:

Yeah, but it's hard to write like Dr Seuss. The Vader panel's my favourite.

Also, this reminded me of another Seussian deal

And he grumbled off, that Darthly Vader.

How awesome is that!

Is it just me, or can Dr Seuss make anything more awesome?

He should totally do a version of "The life of Michel Jackson".

Amazing. Just. Simply. Amazing. This guy should be commissioned for books. I'd buy it, most definitely.

Is it bad that this makes more sense to me than the actual series?
*prays that he did/does the second rl trilogy*

Mr.Mattress:

floppylobster:

I full heartedly agree. I hope he honestly tries to make and publish this as a book. If he doesn't, I will be sad face.

s0m3th1ng:

This too.

I'd love to see more of this. The rhythm should be more like -

A presence I sense
which I know must be near
but where lurks this presence?
not here or not there!

This presence I sense
I feel it must be,
that old wily Jedi,
Obi-Wan Kenobi

"If he truly lurks here
I must find him later!"
so off grumbled he,
that Darthly Lord Vader.

The Yoda one that's not shown here is the best. But they're all very good. It's like Star Wars Lego for a double nostalgia hit.

Congratulations....you have just DESTROYED Star Wars...and not in a good way either. Yuck.

This'd be cool, but I'm afraid I despise Dr. Suess drawings. Have done since I was a child.

Jabba the Hut looks so fat and fluffy, I just wanna give 'm a great big hug.

floppylobster:

I'd love to see more of this. The rhythm should be more like -

A presence I sense
which I know must be near
but where lurks this presence?
not here or not there!

This presence I sense
I feel it must be,
that old wily Jedi,
Obi-Wan Kenobi

You're spot on with the rhythm, but on the other hand rhyming "be" with "Kenobi" just doesn't seem very Suessian. However, rhyming "know be" with "Kenobi" is. That rhythm of that part bothered me too, but I couldn't come up with a good solution.

Being Dr. Suess is hard, especially when you don't get to make up the names.

Wow, this works remarkably well. If'd never heard of Star Wars, I could be convinced this was actually a lost Dr. Seuss manuscript, and that he was the one who invented things like tauntauns and Jabba the Hutt :)

This is awesome...

He's almost got the art style right, too. Seuss tends to put more kinks and fuzz in things, but it's admirably close.

Here's to hoping Lucas makes some sort of deal with him.

i never liked dr suess
so this really does nothing with my mind
except make me write

Wonderful work, really. I quite like the idea of mixing the two.

Loved the Yoda one!

Though I guess Yoda's speech patterns do lend themselves to Suessification.

Or rather...

Lend themselves to Suessification, Yoda's speech patterns do.

Why is it that the only person who can't make anything awesome out of the Star Wars universe is George fricking Lucas?

Digikid:
Congratulations....you have just DESTROYED Star Wars...and not in a good way either. Yuck.

Phantom Menace did that WAY before this.

That Darthly Vader one made me chuckle :D

Verlander:
You don't really get Dr Seuss in the UK, at least not when I was young, so although I know what it is, I can't be amazed by this. I feel like I should be amazed however.

Really? I'm from the UK and I was raised on this shit. I think it's pure gold.

SextusMaximus:
I HIGHLY dislike it. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan (I like it to some degree, though), but this is just awful.

IMO.

I disagree strongly. IMO it fits brilliantly and adds a certain charm and joy to the Star Wars universe.
And I'm a BIG Star Wars fan.
If you find it offensive just call it non-cannon and ignore it. :)

Simply awesome. I love how he made the characters into creations that could have come from Seuss' world. I hope that more comes out of this because this is a great combination of two of the great achievements of human imagination. This is just as awesome as those propaganda cartoons that Seuss made about the Axis powers and the isolationists during World War II.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here