Raven Rumored to be Back on James Bond Game

Raven Rumored to be Back on James Bond Game

Word on the street is that Raven's rumored James Bond title, which was shelved earlier this year, is back in development.

G4tv reported back in May that Raven, best known for games like Heretic, Hexen and Soldier of Fortune, was one of the studios caught in the gravity well of the imploding Infinity Ward. While one Raven team wrapped up work on Singularity, the FPS that came out earlier this year, another was pulled off the "stealth-centric James Bond game" it was working on so it could make map packs for Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops instead.

But with Black Ops done, it looks like Bond James Bond may yet return to Her Majesty's Secret Service. According to James Bond fan site MI6, the game has once again been given the green light and work is now underway. Another reason for the resumption of work, the site claims, is the recent approval of MGM's bankruptcy plan by a U.S. court. The storied film studio revealed in April that it was in financial straits, a situation that also brought plans for the next James Bond film to a halt.

It's all rumor at this point, so obviously there's no word on when it might be released. With such a long delay in development, however, expecting anything before the 2011 holiday season at the very earliest would be extremely optimistic.

I really liked some of Raven's previous games, haven't tried out Singularity yet, but perhaps they can make a good Bond game as well?

The " pulled off the stealth-centric James Bond game it was working on so it could make map packs for Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops instead." part bothered me. I don't know much about Raven but sounds like they need a new publisher.

Jkudo:
The " pulled off the stealth-centric James Bond game it was working on so it could make map packs for Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops instead." part bothered me. I don't know much about Raven but sounds like they need a new publisher.

Yeah, it's a shame they're under Activision's command, should have joined their old buddies at id Software under Zenimax Instead :\

I say we give it to Rocksteady - they seem to be the ones who understand how to make you feel as if you're actually the character, and not just a generic TPS with Daniel Craig's face on.

Bond needs to be a mix of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Deus Ex.

Stealth James Bond? That sounds good to me =D

Yesss! The more stealth games the better! (As long as they're good.)

I loved the old bond games on the 64 and gamecube, I loved the old bots and fun couch passed first person shooter. Latelly the new ones havnt been very good but i hope it can improve. I really want to try the goldeneye remake that just came out.

Woodsey:
I say we give it to Rocksteady - they seem to be the ones who understand how to make you feel as if you're actually the character, and not just a generic TPS with Daniel Craig's face on.

Bond needs to be a mix of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Deus Ex.

AFAIK they got bought out by Warner Brothers. And besides, it's being increasingly clear that Activision is a publisher you do not want to be involved with.

Delusibeta:

Woodsey:

AFAIK they got bought out by Warner Brothers. And besides, it's being increasingly clear that Activision is a publisher you do not want to be involved with.

AFAIK?

Woodsey:

Delusibeta:

Woodsey:

AFAIK?

As Far As I Know.

Delusibeta:

Woodsey:

Delusibeta:

AFAIK?

As Far As I Know.

Oh, well I just meant ideally. I can't really see Activision getting their claws out of it, unfortunately.

Well, if MGM is backing this, and Activision gets some money behind it, listens to the fans, what they want, and still pay homage to Goldeneye...homage, not recreate. This title alone could potentially put MGM back on the map to generate more/improved funding of future Bond titles/films.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here