New Tomb Raider Raider Reboot Details Emerge

Pages PREV 1 2 3

The description of an open-world metroidvania style game with upgradable weapons and abilities made me think of Arkham Asylum. Hmm...

This "new" Lara looks loads better than the ultra-silicone-injected Lara. I've not played Tomb Raider since that crappy one which involved picking up half eaten chocolate bars to restore health, and finding doubloons all over the streets.

IAmTheVoid:

WarpCode:
If shes not sexy, the game wont sell. No one wants to play dull girl with a gun game. They need to combine her sexiness with good gameplay to make it successful.

They've said she is going to be sexy. And since when did not having gigantic breasts equate somebody to being dull?

I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider, but this sounds kinda cool. Will keep my eyes on it, but I'm not expecting the world.

I said nothing about giant breasts. I simply stated a dull looking character doesn't sell games. Sex sells. Its true for both male and female characters.. No one would like Mass Effect if Shepard was a 350 pound acne ridden slob just like no one would like Bayonetta if she looked like an 80 year old librarian with a hunch back. If Laura doesn't look sexy then no one is going to care about her "toughness and vulnerability".

As far as the reboot goes I hope it does well.. I have enjoyed the puzzle solving in a lot of Tomb Raider games. Unfortunately the horrible story and dialogue usually kills my interest in the games.

WarpCode:

IAmTheVoid:

WarpCode:
If shes not sexy, the game wont sell. No one wants to play dull girl with a gun game. They need to combine her sexiness with good gameplay to make it successful.

They've said she is going to be sexy. And since when did not having gigantic breasts equate somebody to being dull?

I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider, but this sounds kinda cool. Will keep my eyes on it, but I'm not expecting the world.

I said nothing about giant breasts. I simply stated a dull looking character doesn't sell games. Sex sells. Its true for both male and female characters.. No one would like Mass Effect if Shepard was a 350 pound acne ridden slob just like no one would like Bayonetta if she looked like an 80 year old librarian with a hunch back. If Laura doesn't look sexy then no one is going to care about her "toughness and vulnerability".

As far as the reboot goes I hope it does well.. I have enjoyed the puzzle solving in a lot of Tomb Raider games. Unfortunately the horrible story and dialogue usually kills my interest in the games.

To me, Shepard looks fairly average. It takes effort to make a sexy Shepard. And Bayonetta was entirely centralised around Bayonetta's sexuality- it was half a homage to characters like Lara, and half a complete pisstake. I think it's sad that a character needs to be massively sexy to be interesting in your eyes. They're not saying that they're making Lara ridiculously ugly (like in your examples), they're making her more like a normal human being. She's still attractive, because Lara is meant to be good-looking, but not hitting you in the face with her mammaries.

Whoa, Lara actually looks like a real human being! This plus the gameplay makes me actually interested.

Which is saying something for a Tomb Raider game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here