Zelda Fan Plays Mind-Blowing Wineglass Symphony

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Zelda Fan Plays Mind-Blowing Wineglass Symphony

It's one thing to teach yourself to play the Song of Healing from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's another thing to turn it into stunning performance art.

I've always thought wineglass xylophones were kind of cool. You know, you fill a bunch of glasses with different amounts of water to produce different tones when struck - and some people are really, really good at using wineglasses to play music. YouTube user Sp0ontanius,however, takes things to a mind-blowing level with this cover of the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask.

Sure, it starts out simple enough. "Oh, how cute," you might say, "He's playing five different parts by himself. That must take some impressive timing and a lot of practice."

Then the camera tricks start, and I have trouble keeping up with everything that's happening on-screen. I can't even imagine how many tries it took to get this right. Oh sure, the Zelda cover is awesome (do the Requiem of Spirit next!), but it's the performance here that really sells it.

I can't even play one set of wineglasses. Way to make me feel inadequate, dude.

(Joystiq)

Water amazing video! I don't mean to wine, but that guy is a bad-gl-ass!

EDIT: I regret nothing

Wow, someone has too much time on their hands. But still, that was pretty impressive. I don't remember the song in particular, but that version sounded very... haunting? Creepy, or however you want to say it. It sounded like something from a horror film to me.

The Cheezy One:
water amazing video! That guy is a bad-gl-ass!

I am now going to wine about the horrible puns you've orchestrated.

Awesome video, does he have more? Would love a more iconic song (I never played Majora's Mask.)

WOW! That was really damn good! Also point from my favorite Zelda game.

Kapol:
I don't remember the song in particular

Optimystic:

Awesome video, does he have more? Would love a more iconic song (I never played Majora's Mask.)

And this is where I step in to cast down the heretics.
*pumps shotgun*

Anyway, that was a bloody awesome performance, and a fantastic song choice.

Optimystic:

The Cheezy One:

The Mario Bros. Theme, perhaps? That will be a tough one... O_O

Optimystic:

The Cheezy One:

I regret nothing!

Outright Villainy:

Kapol:
I don't remember the song in particular

Optimystic:

And this is where I step in to cast down the heretics.
*pumps shotgun*

In my defense, I haven't played Majora's Mask in likely 5 or more years. Though you've gotta do what you've gotta do. :p

This could have been really cool, but the extra visual stunts just throw it all out of tune.

Great song, nice editing, cool use of wine glasses. And Majora's Mask music is awesome.

I don't even-
How?
Is he a sorcerer?

made me need the toilet.

That was, interesting? It would be much cooler if he actually came up with his own original song(s) though... that kind of editing (with some panels switching around to show other members of a band, vocals, etc.) would make for a really cool music video.

Song of Healing is already sublime in game, but glassware made it sound even better. A fine performance indeed.

Duuuuuude
DUUUUUUDE That was so damn cool.
This guy he wins.
edit:
My favorite comment on the youtube page: "Now you're thinking with Portals!"
lawl

That is awesome. This should be in an art gallery.

This is awesome. Impeccable timing with all 9 cameras. He's got talent and played with one of my favorite music in Majora's Mask.

Full of win.

That was an amazing video dude! keep up the good work man.

I- I don't know what to say.

He made me feel incredibly relaxed. Thank you, kind sir, and Funk for showing.

I don't know what's with this song, but it's so soothing, though sad. I need to play Majora's Mask again.

The Cheezy One:

Halolz called. They want their puns back, along with all the +1 dispensers you stole!

OT: Meh, a more iconic song choice probably would have been a better choice (maybe Zelda's Lullaby, instead?). But that is some very cool video editing going on here, and I do not envy him for having to record that.

You shouldn't have done that...

Morbira:

Oh my god I hate you guys so much... I JUST finished that Majora's Mask creepy pasta and now this shows up 0.o
Its here if you want to check it out: http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html
REALLY well done story

Wow that's more than impressive.

Morbira:

I loved that! At least, I did to begin with, when there was a slight question over whether it was all just a massive coincidence with a broken cartridge! Then it went into predictable "you are with us now" crap

Impressive! However, I'm going to have to dismiss the artistic nature of this video due to the douchey hair cut. Would've been better if he didn't look like he belonged in good charolette.

The Cheezy One:

I'm coming to your house with a shotgun. Those puns were horrible!

OT: Very nice, and strangely relaxing.

Kapol:
Wow, someone has too much time on their hands. But still, that was pretty impressive. I don't remember the song in particular, but that version sounded very... haunting? Creepy, or however you want to say it. It sounded like something from a horror film to me.

1: it's from loZ majora's mask
2: yeah it's kinda meant to be creepy, but can also be very soothing... which is even more creepy.

Love the Song of Healing, and it sounds just as good on wineglasses, but the video editing effects made this video. Brilliantly done.

He could try to do the Song of Time from Ocarina of Time. Here is a nice orchestral arrangement of it:

I'm amazed.
That was great.
I'm curious to know how many tries it took to get down.

Yeah...games can't be art or inspire art.

*roll eyes*

Suck it up critics. The days of your credibility is numbered.

I want Bolero Of Fire, or indeed the Requim of Spirit.

Fire and desert songs are really good ;)

You really have to sit back and admire just how well talent and boredom make sweet, sweet love to each other.

I kind of want to see his take on something like this:

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or