Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 55 NEXT

ajluczak:

Detheroth:

I_am_a_Spoon:
I tried converting 2-4 to binary, and got this:

Sorry for murdering your post but i needed to cut it down. I just got the exact same answer and i did it by decoding one block at a time and then the entire thing.. both came up with

what am I doing wrong?

AHH alright thank you very much.. i am now closer to solving.. but the result from my input is about as confusing as the actual code :P

As for number 3.. I swear i am entering in the right game.. but it isn't working.. all the letters fit and i can see how the zombies would fit in... Is there another trick to it?

Not to really ruin all the determination for others who are working so hard to figure out #4, but here is the biggest hint yet! (Got it from a really good friend, so i'll tell it my way)
Day 2 #4

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting this, but we are all a team and I feel people deserve to not overstress about this Quiz, that we can overcome it! I personally thank ajluczak and Glamorgan for helping me pass Days 2 with useful Hints!

I_am_a_Spoon:

ajluczak:
Bingo.

I've never seen coordinates like those before.

Detheroth:

AHH alright thank you very much.. i am now closer to solving.. but the result from my input is about as confusing as the actual code :P

As for number 3.. I swear i am entering in the right game.. but it isn't working.. all the letters fit and i can see how the zombies would fit in

... Is there another trick to it?

I'm pretty sure you're way off there. The letters are all in the right order, just with fake-letters in between them. Your guess doesn't work...

XxRyanxX:
Not to really ruin all the determination for others who are working so hard to figure out #4, but here is the biggest hint yet! (Got it from a really good friend, so i'll tell it my way)
Day 2 #4

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting this, but we are all a team and I feel people deserve to not overstress about this Quiz, that we can overcome it! I personally thank ajluczak and Glamorgan for helping me pass Days 2 with useful Hints!

Thanks a lot mate. I didn't even think the answer was a game... I thought it might have been the protagonist's profession lol.

Tried entering words like soldier, writer, hunter, cop, etc for ages.

Detheroth:

As for number 3.. I swear i am entering in the right game.. but it isn't working.. all the letters fit and i can see how the zombies would fit in ... Is there another trick to it?

OMG THANK YOU ajluczak.. the second i whacked it into Google and saw what it meant it hit me.. You sir are God :)

Just got number 3.. massive hint/spoiler for those who might make the same mistake i do

Number 4 was a challenge but thank you to those who worked out the cypher :) cheers to the Escapist for making this amazing.

On a side note, does anyone know when Day 3 launches? Is it at noon?

I_am_a_Spoon:

Thanks a lot mate. I didn't even think the answer was a game... I thought it might have been the protagonist's profession lol.

Tried entering words like soldier, writer, hunter, cop, etc for ages.

I was gonna start doing stuff like that to. My list of games that take place in Mars was quickly running out. I was sure it was any of the Doom games!

Let me just congratulate the Escapist on puzzle 2-4. That is brilliant.
Still have 2-1, and 2-2 to solve...
Anyone help with 2-1? So far I have... (SERIOUSLY GUYS, THE SOLUTION TO THE EQUATION IS BELOW, SO MASSIVE SPOILER!)

Ok, so any hint on 2-2? Once more, spoiler warning.

EDIT: Got it guys. But thanks for all the help, got four responses in this short time.

Well today's only came up at about 4pm (Australian NSW time) so im guessing in about 17 hours time? And they say it is only going to get a lot harder.

Screw You, number 3! I haven't even heard of the game! I didn't even know there was a game. Still, considering

Detheroth:
OMG THANK YOU ajluczak.. the second i whacked it into Google and saw what it meant it hit me.. You sir are God :)

Just got number 3.. massive hint/spoiler for those who might make the same mistake i do

Number 4 was a challenge but thank you to those who worked out the cypher :) cheers to the Escapist for making this amazing.

Ahhh, mother of god. I'd never even heard of that one. Cheers!

brunothepig:
Anyone help with 2-1? So far I have... (SERIOUSLY GUYS, THE SOLUTION TO THE EQUATION IS BELOW, SO MASSIVE SPOILER!)

For 2-1:

For 2-2:

brunothepig:

For 2-2 you have the right idea with saying the clue..

Dack_Martini:

Detheroth:

Ahhh, mother of god. I'd never even heard of that one. Cheers!

Hmmm...have 2-1/2-3/2-4 but I can't decipher 2-2. My native accent may be confusing the tongue twister.

YES YES and furthermore YES!

ajluczak:
THIS IS A MAJOR HINT FOR 2-3. IT'S SLIGHTLY MORE DIRECT THAN USUAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Stumped on 3 for some time, but this hint eventually did it for me.

Also, the first hints on 1 & 2 were really great.

Ok, thanks for all the help guys, but I desperately need help with 2-1 and 2-3.

Number Three:

I'd really appreciate a helping hand. Just a little hint. I don't have an extensive knowledge of games, so I'm finding it really hard to work this one out.

One, two and four done. Even converted the binary in my head and still didn't get it fully until reading a couple of hints here.

It works incredibly well.

Still not sure on three though.

I_am_a_Spoon:

Number Three:

I'd really appreciate a helping hand. Just a little hint. I don't have an extensive knowledge of games, so I'm finding it really hard to work this one out.

Alright, I shall help you out again my friend (probably made this little to easy but oh well):

#1 -

#2 -

#3 -

Hope that helps! Send me a message if you still don't get it to Day 2 yet.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hmmm...have 2-1/2-3/2-4 but I can't decipher 2-2. My native accent may be confusing the tongue twister.

Hmm i am not sure how else to help without giving away the answer... This is going to be a HUGE spoiler and possibly give the answer away- you have been warned.. it narrows the choice down to a list of about 5 games

I haven't put any game titles in the spoiler because i don't want it to be ridiculously easy.

Tell me asap if it reveals too much so i can get rid of it.

ajluczak:
snip

Detheroth:
snip

I'd been trying that guys, and it wasn't working. Don't worry, I kept trying, and persistence paid off.
Still can't believe it took so long to figure out 2-1 though...
Thanks for the speedy responses guys.

I_am_a_Spoon:

for no.1:

ajluczak:

XxRyanxX:

ajluczak:
So, I've gotten a request or two for more hints about 2-3.

THIS IS A MAJOR HINT FOR 2-3. IT'S SLIGHTLY MORE DIRECT THAN USUAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Oh...wow, that was very very lame. Thank you for all the hints you've given us...I finally have gotten it now and answered it. Now it all makes sense, plus Day 2 is finally over for me... *upset* but the hint was misleading, truly not cool Haha. Thank you again, and it's ironic after searching all this time for Zombie Games, it turned out to be that...

You wouldn't believe how long I thought the word "Mexico" was in the title.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

I_am_a_Spoon:

Number Three:

I think i should probably stop before i start giving them away D:

I_am_a_Spoon:

What about you music knowledge? Listen, why don't you take a break and consult things with the Man In The Mirror. I'm sure you'll have a Thriller of a time once you realize what it is. By the way when do the Black Or White pokemon games come out?

;)

The Red Spy:

It works so well.

Got it!

Yep, it was the accent. I'd never pronounce one of those words in that other way.

Yikes these were tough.
Especially the last one... I dread tomorrow.

ajluczak:

You wouldn't believe how long I thought the word "Mexico" was in the title.

Almost as long as I did, I bet. The real answer's bad though.

This puzzle adventure is truly epic. Got all the answers, mostly thanks to all the kind peeps on this thread.

For those having difficulty, pay attention to key words that are dropped in people's hints. In most cases, think of the first thing/person associated with that key word. [e.g., the 'smooth criminal' hint].

Whew, finally got 'em all. 2 & 3 were the only ones I really figured out alone though ; ;.

In my opinion, the solution to Puzzle 1 was clever. Now for my two-cents hint..

I hope that wasn't too heavy-handed.

By all the Gods, Puzzle #4 was awesome. More of that, please!

I have removed my words from this site.

I have to go back and work out how to do that properly, but for now, 1/4 lights. Still can't get my head around number 1 (it's not Portal, I know that much.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 55 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here