Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . . . 55 NEXT

Got day 5....after several hours of following the clues and the forum for help with what i should try next i finally got it. i would have maybe found it sooner if a certain thing had acctually shown up on a certain part of the process. stupid holes not liking to show up when needed.

[Edit] i would give a hint to those of us not done yet but all i can say is look back in the forum. the past is the key to the future.

Urgh76:
I have a feeling that everyone with that new badge will get A LOT more respect now :D

And I've only been here for 5 days. Sounds good ;D

*breaks wall*

Stupid spelling on 4-2

Now just 1 to go. Any help for 4-1 appreciated

Yomandude:
EDIT: Lemme try that again:
I'm listing the guys again, revised.

Gar my brain just melted but I finally got there >.< Now back to the real world!

I finally got it, my brain aches but it was worth the effort!

I hope there will be more puzzle adventures in the future. (please please please!) :D

Ok, I need some help here with 5:1.

What now???
Can someone plz PM me?

Mhuhahahaha!
Feel the wrath of day 5!
Also, look back for good hints. There is even a limerick!

Woot!

Got it!

Thank you Escapist. I don't remember since when I had so much fun last time. I hope, there will be another on someday.

YESYESYESYESYESYES!

Oh god, what a sleep will do for a brain

bloodmonkey:
5-1 totally just got that with my second random guess

I predicted such an event. I will pm you the process so you can see the challenge involved.

Okay, I got it, but it was more or less guessing.

Seriously guys, I get the connection between

Could someone explain please? PM if necessary?

Concerning the week in general, I agree that this should be done again soon. Lotsa fun. Day 5 was craayy-zay!

The funniest part about day five is that when I finally got to the end, I had to harken back to the beginning.

VampiresDontSparkle:
GOT IT!

Hint: Once you get it, you'll want to kick yourself. Look for the relation between the pictures...

I can't even find the tag page in the escapist to get to the website that holds all the images you guys are viewing >.<
-Tabs>.<-

i figured out the game already, but i'm worried i might have skipped a step. does editing the final URL get you anywhere?

I'd love to have a go at this, but I haven't a clue on...well, any of them.

And I used to be so good at code breaking and such =/ Ah well.

cobra_ky:
i figured out the game already, but i'm worried i might have skipped a step. does editing the final URL get you anywhere?

It does. But what then? I don't see the connection. ARGH! Day 5 gets to me even after it's solved...

EDIT: Thanks for your PM Hashime, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's at least one more step between 7 and 8.

You've got all weekend, SnipErlite. Doesn't hurt to try.

Invariel:
You've got all weekend, SnipErlite. Doesn't hurt to try.

True true, and I guess today isn't the best of times to start considering I've just pulled an all-nighter. Ehh.

-CarcharotH-:

cobra_ky:

It does. But what then? I don't see the connection. ARGH! Day 5 gets to me even after it's solved...

EDIT: Thanks for your PM Hashime, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's at least one more step between 7 and 8.

Dammit all, now i have to figure out what to put in there!

Oh my god, finally got it, but Jesus, that was difficult. Can't wait for the next one! Kudos to the entire Escapist Puzzling Staff!

It took me an hour, but I'm there. Cheers to all involved in making this, it's been brilliant.

cobra_ky:

Is it possible that so many people have overlooked this?

Since I couldn't figure out how to get to the page with the oddly bolded words I just did things the hard way and made a random guess... and it was right? What. The. Hell.

fallouthirteen:
Well, I've been looking at those pictures, read the clues, researched the people in the pictures, tried multiple things on the answer pane, and even with what sound like very explicit clues to the answer I just can't get this. I'm either thinking it's outside my knowledge base (unlikely) or my brain simply doesn't work using this link of logic, sort of like how it's impossible for me to get the message within message puzzles, yet day 3-3 and 4-2 were unbelievably simple and the only time it took to get them was the actual translating work.

Guessed the answer from someone's earlier post about the subject's achievements being overlooked despite his being the biggest contribution to a certain subject. Made the connection from that post and a giant leap to guess the game's name.
Also don't really see how the whole website in the hole really relates to the game in the slightest.
NOW! I am finally done and I can go get on with the rest of my life.
-Tabs<3-
P.S
;) good luck.

Finally... I... I got them all... I'm free! *brain leaks through ears*

This was great fun. I've never seen so many people here banding together towards a common goal. It was awesome. Many, many thanks to everyone, your hints were vital for me. I actually feel kinda bad I didn't help much.

Can't wait for a second one. Though if this becomes a regular thing, my school and social lives are screwed.

alligabbi:
I'm still stuck way back on the review on Amazon. I just don't know where to go from there.

The tags on that page will light your way.
Find an article that maybe shouldn't stay.
-Tabs<3-

-CarcharotH-:

cobra_ky:

Well that explains why I couldn't make that leap. everyone was skipping a couple steps and getting lucky. :(

Ok, I need some help here with 5:1.

What now???
Can someone plz PM me?

GrymZero:

havass:
I don't feel guilty about adding all the hints up to solve the puzzle now, because i've never played that game before. Maybe I should go get it now.
And I find it amusing how I've tried entering this game multiple times for yesterday's puzzle. Oh well. Now that's over...I have to start closing all the various tabs that were required for this ONE puzzle.

Hint:

I love you so much right now x.x I spent two hours...TWO NARFING HOURS trying to figure out what the last clue meant, but this...this finally made it click in my head.

Oh and, side note: My brain is now made of porridge. Kthnxbai. Now, I'm going to go to bed. Wake me up when the world stops being all blurry and painful to look at.

HAHAHAHAH. I tried not to make it too obvious, but i'm glad it helped you.
We wear these badges proudly, mods!

Luhrsen:

-CarcharotH-:

cobra_ky:

Well that explains why I couldn't make that leap. everyone was skipping a couple steps and getting lucky. :(

Exactly. Lots of corner-cutting going on for day 5.
Come on Mods, part of your precious puzzle is already about to slip into oblivion (or something)! Save it! We all got away too easy!

EDIT: Nevermind this.

Problem solved.

Ok, here is a slight spoiler for those who get there, but there is some ambiguity

castlewise:
Ok, here is a slight spoiler for those who get there, but there is some ambiguity

So maybe you can bestow mental peace (mantlepiece, hee hee...oh god) upon me and tell me what the connection between that last site and the solution is? Please?

-CarcharotH-:

So maybe you can lay mental peace (mantlepiece, hee hee...oh god) on me and tell me what the connection between that last site and the solution is?

I don't know actually O.o I guessed the actual final answer from the hints in the forum. I want to figure out where to go from the "site with the black background"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 . . . 55 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here