Piracy Critic Admits to Huge Pirated Music Collection

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

The one time Norway makes it to the Escapist news, and then it's about a fucking hypocrite :(

Nevertheless, the bitch got owned!

Don't pirate my medium, but don't judge me for pirating yours.
Priceless.

thublihnk:
Hypocrite, just like the rest of the pirate brow-beaters.

Not all of us, but thanks for the generalization.

On topic...well, way to make the rest of us look bad. Thanks, author I've never heard of. Face, meet palm.

How disgustingly hypocritical. It may be commonplace to download music instead of paying for it, but you'd hardly expect that thing from someone who is staunchly against piracy. I guess she only cares about it when it takes money out of her pocket.

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:
Oh that's well funny there son. Destroy your mums credibility and damage her career. Although I'm glad she was found out as a hypocrite that is no way for a son to act.

Little cunt.

Sorry but no one is above the law, especially not the law of hypocrisy (hyperbole). I love some of my family but I'd have no qualms about throwing them under the bus if they did something stupidly hypocritical or illegal. Are you going to tell me I'm lacking in morals for doing the right thing?

No I'm saying you lack respect and you clearly don't deserve the family you have been given if you have no qualms about throwing your family under a bus.

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Well I disagree you just don't treat the women who raised you and paid for you since birth like this. Regardless of what it did the kid is a shit ungrateful spoilt brat he should be fucking spanked for eternity for this.

Also, you owe nothing to your parents for raising you. They chose to have children and they have to take care of you. It is their job and responsibility. (Which should be obvious due to the fact it's illegal not to take care of your kids)

Again all your showing me if you lack any respect for your parents which is incredibly wrong.

You're assuming based on a parent being a parent that they ever gave you respect at all. Which all parents don't. Lacking respect is only bad if they deserved respect. As for the bus, well, if their moral or illegal mistake could cost me my reputation or my freedom, why should I not throw them under it? I'm not going to have my character assassinated all because of some "respect" that I apparently owe them which prevented me from going to the authorities.

oh the irony, oh the irony

btw, don you just love it when children fuck their parents up with shit like that?

By her own son no less. Blood is thicker than water, but apparently even blood is less dense than irony.

Ahh.. the irony of just about anyone on the net laughing about someones hypocritical piracy. Knowing that people pirate all the time and dont care to realize it because they assume no one will care cause everyone else does it. Serious case of stones and glass houses.

Edit: I guess 21 out of 45. Im surprised its that low.

WOW Now Thats when u say BOY SHUT UP

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

No I'm saying you lack respect and you clearly don't deserve the family you have been given if you have no qualms about throwing your family under a bus.
Again all your showing me if you lack any respect for your parents which is incredibly wrong.

You're assuming based on a parent being a parent that they ever gave you respect at all. Which all parents don't. Lacking respect is only bad if they deserved respect. As for the bus, well, if their moral or illegal mistake could cost me my reputation or my freedom, why should I not throw them under it? I'm not going to have my character assassinated all because of some "respect" that I apparently owe them which prevented me from going to the authorities.

Haha "Character Assassinated" do you actually listen to yourself talk?

I mean really, you are clearly like a typical angsty teenager. Soon you'll grow up and realise all what your parents have done for you, or maybe you never will and you'll live a failure of a life and blame it all on your parents or someone else.

Gotta go with Pay on this one, if you disagree with something a loved one is doing, do so more tactfully. Don't humiliate your own mum in the media. I mean if they were being interviewed together their relationship probably isn't that strained, if she's a bad mum and lost the respect of her son somehow fair enough (but we've got no indication of anything like that). To throw your mum under the bus for something so petty is poor form.

EDIT: I mean I don't know about the rest of you but my mum was there to help me deal with and clean up a fair few of my own messes and I'd do the same for her.

TaboriHK:
This comes on the heels of the story about the anti-gun senator who shot an intruder in his home recently. All people are hypocrites, it seems.

Wow, really? that is an impressive one. I mean, its easy to pirate things in sorta an off hand manner. But you don't 'just happen' to do all the work to get a gun, and then load and shoot someone with it.

Yes woman, those are pirate handbags even if you did pay for them. Just like those cheapo copied DVDs are pirate too.

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

I mean really, you are clearly like a typical angsty teenager. Soon you'll grow up and realise all what your parents have done for you, or maybe you never will and you'll live a failure of a life and blame it all on your parents or someone else.

Do you listen to -yourself-? I'm the one siding on the Just side of the law and morals and you're calling me an angsty teen? Maybe you'll realize that just because people had children, doesn't mean they deserve respect. All they've done for me? Please don't say things like you -know- I had an easy life.

RollForInitiative:

thublihnk:

Not all of us, but thanks for the generalization.

On topic...well, way to make the rest of us look bad. Thanks, author I've never heard of. Face, meet palm.

It's not a generalization. Everyone infringes on copyrights. Copyright law is written in such a way that it really is impossible to dodge 'infringement'. Ever listened to a CD in your car with the windows down? Public performance. Ever let someone borrow a CD for a while without supervising what they did with it for every single second they had it? Well, if they copied the tracks onto their computer, then you could be sued for positively amazing amounts of money. And that's not all. There are incalculable ways that you could be infringing in your everyday life. And every single one of these so-called-infringements could be justified as 'stealing' the same way anti-pirate activists and lobbyists call file-sharing stealing.

I was reminded of the us congressman who was anti-homosexual anything that got caught picking up guys in airport bathrooms.

To paraphrase Al Mooney "everybody wanna be a ni##$%, aint no body wanna be a ni##$%."

Pillock.

That is all.

I would find it more hilarious if her son's name is Karma.

Zechnophobe:

TaboriHK:
This comes on the heels of the story about the anti-gun senator who shot an intruder in his home recently. All people are hypocrites, it seems.

Wow, really? that is an impressive one. I mean, its easy to pirate things in sorta an off hand manner. But you don't 'just happen' to do all the work to get a gun, and then load and shoot someone with it.

Tell me about it. We live in a country run by politicians who believe that only they can be trusted with the responsibility of owning and maintaining a firearm, using drugs, or being gay. GOD FORBID any of us peons try maintaining legal recognition of any of these things!

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

Do you listen to -yourself-? I'm the one siding on the Just side of the law and morals and you're calling me an angsty teen? Maybe you'll realize that just because people had children, doesn't mean they deserve respect. All they've done for me? Please don't say things like you -know- I had an easy life.

Oh wow, claiming you didn't have it easy as a child. I really didn't see that one coming. Look pal, it's the past man the fuck up about it. Grow up, noone cares about your problems and the only one keeping them problems is you.

And you're not siding with law and morals you're siding with idiocy. If your mum was pirating music on her ipod you bring it up at the dinner table or something. You don't go straight to the media with it. THAT'S THE MORAL THING TO DO. As it causes the least damage for all sides. So clearly you are wrong, so you don't have an answer. Oh wait I bet you will ignore this point and start ranting on about my previous point.

God forbid should you admit your wrong and move on.

OT: Hypocrisy. Glad her son exposed her, even if she easily passed the buck to him, the bitch.

Some people are fucking stupid, that is all there is to say here. Kudos to her son though.

Awesome story. :)

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

You automatically assumed that she was a good mother to him. While I don't think she was a bad one you made assumptions about their relationship you had no right to. Would you still support the mother even if she beat him as a child and neglected him? Thats a purely hypothetical situation but we have no information saying that it couldn't be true.

Then you presumed that the son had just decided to burn his mother simply because it could be fun. Maybe he tried more subtle methods, asking her to stop being a hypocrite etc and maybe she continued her rant against the very evil she partook of.

Maybe she made him abide by morals and rules that she herself flaunted, perhaps not just regarding piracy.

You obviously have amazing parents, congratulations so do a lot of people, I'm glad you feel the need to defend parents for what they do for their children but you are completely naive.

oooh the irony.
what i wouldnt give to see her be sued for about $10mil for downloading those tracks because shes so greedy that she cant stand to loose 70k out of the several millions she likely made with her books.

Bobzer77:

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

You automatically assumed that she was a good mother to him. While I don't think she was a bad one you made assumptions about their relationship you had no right to. Would you still support the mother even if she beat him as a child and neglected him? Thats a purely hypothetical situation but we have no information saying that it couldn't be true.

Then you presumed that the son had just decided to burn his mother simply because it could be fun. Maybe he tried more subtle methods, asking her to stop being a hypocrite etc and maybe she continued her rant against the very evil she partook of.

Maybe she made him abide by morals and rules that she herself flaunted, perhaps not just regarding piracy.

You obviously have amazing parents, congratulations so do a lot of people, I'm glad you feel the need to defend parents for what they do for their children but you are completely naive.

I do not have amazing parents. I was raised by 1 and the other has fucked off somewhere. But you deal with it. You don't pine about it forever you get over it and move on with your life.

And all of your points are 100% invalid as you are speculating. Maybe his father was Steve Mcqueen and he was killed by pirates so he has a massive reason for hating pirates.

Oh no wait I agree, his dad steve mcqueen was killed by pirates so he has every right to go to the media about this situation.

Thank you good sir you have made me see the light. I am forever in your debt.

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Oh wow, claiming you didn't have it easy as a child. I really didn't see that one coming. Look pal, it's the past man the fuck up about it. Grow up, noone cares about your problems and the only one keeping them problems is you.

And you're not siding with law and morals you're siding with idiocy. If your mum was pirating music on her ipod you bring it up at the dinner table or something. You don't go straight to the media with it. THAT'S THE MORAL THING TO DO. As it causes the least damage for all sides. So clearly you are wrong, so you don't have an answer. Oh wait I bet you will ignore this point and start ranting on about my previous point.

You mean like how you'd admit you're wrong and move on? Yeah, thought so. I don't even understand how you can attempt to defend illegal activities or un-moral activities by saying going to an authority is the "idiotic" thing to do. It sounds like this is pretty personal for you. I never once said if you find something like illegal music you should just go to the cops, but if questioned, you would lie to the police? At the risk of being thrown in prison?

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

You mean like how you'd admit you're wrong and move on? Yeah, thought so. I don't even understand how you can attempt to defend illegal activities or un-moral activities by saying going to an authority is the "idiotic" thing to do. It sounds like this is pretty personal for you. I never once said if you find something like illegal music you should just go to the cops, but if questioned, you would lie to the police? At the risk of being thrown in prison?

Why are you speculating. You are wrong in this situation. Stop bringing in other factors like jail. The point is he should of brought it up at the dinner table not gone to the media.

Throwing your family under a bus because they where hypocritical is wrong.

You are wrong.

Ha! What a tool she is. I'd go pirate some of her books just for spite, but I'm not a scumbag like she is.

thublihnk:

Right because the pirates themselves are so much better, what with their stealing everything.

It`s a case of do what the priest sais, not what the priest does.

still..she`s stupid imo..you don`t just prostest against rape and then go at home and rape someone from your basement..just my 2 cents

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Why are you speculating. You are wrong in this situation. Stop bringing in other factors like jail. The point is he should of brought it up at the dinner table not gone to the media.

You are wrong.

Sorry, but you're in the wrong. I advocate against illegal things and un-moral things. If you advocate the opposite, you're automatically wrong. Also, He didn't just flat go to the media, the media was questioning his mother and he threw it in there.

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

You are wrong.

Sorry, but you're in the wrong. I advocate against illegal things and un-moral things. If you advocate the opposite, you're automatically wrong. Also, He didn't just flat go to the media, the media was questioning his mother and he threw it in there.

Funny thing is I never said I advocate doing immoral or illegal things. You are the one who outright said you would throw your family under a bus for being hypocritical. Infact all I said was that the moral thing to do would be to bring it up away from the media.

So you can continue this game of quote tennis or you can apologise for your mistake in logic. Move on from this situation safe in the knowledge you handled it like an adult and grow from it.

Who knows this could be the defining moment in your teen life, maybe the next time you catch your parents smoking after they told you not to you won't throw them under a bus. Instead maybe you'll understand that you should do as they say not as they do as they are trying to raise you right.

Well I can only hope that this is the case, otherwise I might have to call up your family and alert them to the risks of walking on bus routes with you near them.

Sounds like a hypocritical bitch.

Why do we care again?

PayJ567:

Jiraiya72:

PayJ567:

You are wrong.

Funny thing is I never said I advocate doing immoral or illegal things. You are the one who outright said you would throw your family under a bus for being hypocritical. Infact all I said was that the moral thing to do would be to bring it up away from the media.

So you can continue this game of quote tennis or you can apologise for your mistake in logic. Move on from this situation safe in the knowledge you handled it like an adult and grow from it.

Who knows this could be the defining moment in your teen life, maybe the next time you catch your parents smoking after they told you not to you won't throw them under a bus. Instead maybe you'll understand that you should do as they say not as they do as they are trying to raise you right.

Well I can only hope that this is the case, otherwise I might have to call up your family and alert them to the risks of walking on bus routes with you near them.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, since I know I'm clearly in the right and you believe you're clearly in the right. This argument is going nowhere. Also you might want to stop with the personal attacks. Just a suggestion.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here