BioWare Founders Entering the Hall of Fame

BioWare Founders Entering the Hall of Fame

It turns out that making top quality games for a decade and a half will get you noticed.

BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk - collectively known as "The Doctors" - are to be inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame at the DICE conference in February. It will be the first time that AIAS has inducted multiple people into the Hall in the same year.

The pair, along with Augustine Yip, founded BioWare in 1995 after leaving medical school, and have since gone on to create much loved games like Knights of the Old Republic, the Mass Effect series, and Dragon Age. In a statement, AIAS president Martin Raen said that the Doctors embodied what it meant to be Hall of Fame inductee, and the range of their talents - from game design, to leadership and business acumen, and even their original vocation as physicians - was endless.

Muzyka said that he and Zeschuk shared the honor with all the members of BioWare, who - along with a shared vision of quality and entrepreneurship - were the secret to BioWare's success. Zeschuk thanked his and Muzyka's respective wives for their support over the years, as well as the families of their employees. He also said that it meant a great deal to him that he could stand beside his business partner and friend as the first people to be inducted into the Hall of Fame simultaneously.

Epic Games president Mike Capps will present the Doctors with their award. Previous winners include Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, Maxis founder Will Wright and id's John Carmack.

Source: USA Today

Congratulations to them. Ive only been playing Bioware games for so long but loved every single one. Couldnt think of better developers to join, Maybe Tim Schafar will be accepted next year.

Good, they really deserve it. Everyone at BioWare deserves to be noticed for all the brilliant games they've created.

Considering the level of quality and consistency in their work, there's nothing for me to do here but applaud and congratulate them.

A very well deserved award indeed.

Bravo! Well earned and deserved.

Congratulations to the good Doctors. They are some of the finest game designers of our time, and the award couldn't go to more deserving recipients.

I'm Commander Shephard, and this is my favorite developer on the Citadel.

Seriously though, congrats guys, you've earned it.

Grey_Focks:
I'm Commander Shephard, and this is my favorite developer on the Citadel.

DAMN ninja'd!

They do deserve it for making epic games of epicocity!

I could not think of two better people to recieve the award, hats off.

Congratulations Ray and Greg, I have loved every game of yours that I have played, and that is why Bioware is my favorite developer. They just make good games. You guys definitely deserve the award.

Well Deserved. Keep on Keeping On Docs! Now whats the Release date on ME3 dammit! XD

Flamezdudes:
Good, they really deserve it. Everyone at BioWare deserves to be noticed for all the brilliant games they've created.

And then the world will burst into flames and be hurled into the intergalactic void.

OT: Good for them, BioWare have been making my heroin for a long time and I've never had to do anything horrendous to play their games.

Woot

DTWolfwood:
Well Deserved. Keep on Keeping On Docs! Now whats the Release date on ME3 dammit! XD

Sweet. I congratulate them and i bow to thier awesomeness.

A well deserved honour, congratulations to the Doctors

Have only played a few Bioware games, but every one I've played have been awesome.
Congratulations!

Congrats Bioware. You earned it.

Congrats Bioware. You earned it.

nice! i love it when people get the praise and acknowledgement they deserve.

Yay! Here's to more "HIGH IMPACT SHAWTS!"

They deserve it more than any other company, apart from Black Isle...

Can't really blame them. These men deserve a Nobel Prize for their work in the field of awesome.

Bioware consistently makes quality games... these guys deserve induction! Congrats!

Conglaturations!
You have completed a greet game .
And prooved the justice of our culture..
Now go and rest, our hereos !!!

Great job, guys! Well deserved.

Good cookies! Bioware deserves it!

Congrats! BioWare has never let me down, and I've happily lost hundreds of hours of my life to their wonderful games. A well-deserved recognition of the studio and its founders.

I've always said it.

Bioware knows their shit.

Its no surprise they'd be given this honor. They've yet to disappoint me. As long as they keep doing what they're doing I doubt they ever will.

"well I got this medical degree. I guess I'll get rich...making video-games
*puts on glasses* B)"

but seriously I love these guys and I want to be them when I grow up.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here