Pay Enough For the Second Humble Indie Bundle, Get First as a Bonus

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pay Enough For the Second Humble Indie Bundle, Get First as a Bonus

Eleven games for eight bucks; that's a pretty good deal, no matter how you look at it.

If getting five top-quality Indie games, including the likes of Braid and Machinarium for the low price of whatever you feel like paying for them wasn't enough, the folks behind the Humble Indie Bundle have sweetened the deal by offering the first bundle as a bonus for anyone who spends enough money.

The first bundle contained World of Goo, Gish, Penumbra Overture, Aquaria, Lugaru HD and Samorost 2. In order to get these games, as well as the five included in the second bundle, all you have to do is pay more than the average price for the second bundle, which at time of writing is $7.60. What's more, everyone who has purchased the second bundle already will receive the first bundle as a thank you gift.

The proceeds from the Humble Indie Bundle are split between the developers of the games, Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity and public interest advocacy group, the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Purchasers are able to allocate their donation as they see fit, giving as much or as little to charity as they like.

Source: Humble Indie Bundle via Destructoid

I have to go back and play Aquaria again.

It's like a Metroid game, underwater.

I bought that game off of Steam AND the first HIB.

Still can't believe people pirate these bundles...

That's a lot of Linux users, btw. And they seem to be VERY generous. With the average price from them being $13.

Eh. $7.50 can buy me better games on Steam.

I'll probably buy this, just need to dig out a tenner from somewhere.

Pirate Kitty:

Sure, it might buy you one better game. But why get one when you can have ten great ones?

My friend got the first one as a bonus and he only paid $1 for it...

I already have the first one purchased. Sure great things but the games are a bit meh. I skipped this one.

I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?

Yeah I noticed this, I wonder if I can gift it? I bought both anyway and a lot of people have gone nuts over World of Goo. Incidentally this is now the third copy of that game I own.

I feel bad for how little I paid though, if they bring out a third bundle after my student loan I'll have to pay a proper amount.

Pirate Kitty:

my troll-sense is tingling.

OT: i had already bought the bundle, this just made me wish i had paid more (sure i paid enough to get the first bundle, but now i feel like i'm ripping them off harder)

Serris:

Perhaps you need a new one, then.

Tipsy Giant:
I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?

hey anyone wanna give me the first indie bundle that'll be awesome i bought the second one for 5 dollars and feel bummed i missed the first one, would i have to go back and donate 7.50 again or do i donate 2.50 to take my tally up over the average??? or have i plain missed out on all the fun and hijinks?

EDIT: NVM guys just simply go to your order page from the indie bundle and it should be right there i was amazed and extremely happy LONG LIVE HIB

Pirate Kitty:

Yes because the whole point is to get the games and not give the money to charity, screw the kids right?

Pirate Kitty:

Serris:

Perhaps you need a new one, then.

Can you honestly say that you don't see how your posts come out as inflammatory (whether or intentional or not)? I've seen people call you on it several times and this is just another example of it. I mean common it's akin to going out and saying "Why bother with charity? You can spend you money is so many better ways!"

I'm sorry but as a person who was a kid who spent a great deal of his childhood in hospitals I wished desperately for something to do. And Child's Play does so much to help these kids that I cannot believe someone would tell others to not donate and proudly tell others that they would spend the paltry sum of $7.50 on themselves instead of helping a child.

You know what, I was so insulted by you, that I gave the humble indie bundle $7.50 just now.

I gave $55 to charity during desert bus so I won't feel guilty getting it for a low price.

I think this is a way to thank those who missed out on the first one. I picked it up for myself last year, and got this one. I also dropped around $20 to gift one to my girlfriend (she's not really into flowers) and she got excited to see the bonus last night.

At the same time, I don't think many of us who bought the original bundle should feel "ripped off" over this bonus as it's not about what you're getting, but who you're giving to.

Got it twice for 15 each. Once for me, once for a gift.

That said, I approve of this. On one hand, yes, it's ridiculously generous. On the other hand, the game selection this time around just doesn't seem as good, to me. Okay, so I already bought the first one, but still.

Rednog:

Yes because the whole point is to get the games and not give the money to charity, screw the kids right?

Well, giving money to charity doesn't help me.

Screw the kids? Hardly.

Pirate Kitty:
I mean common it's akin to going out and saying "Why bother with charity? You can spend you money is so many better ways!"

Correct. I don't believe in charity for this reason.

Rednog:
You know what, I was so insulted by you, that I gave the humble indie bundle $7.50 just now.

Why would you give money to someone for being insulted by me? I couldn't care less what you do with your money.

Enjoy your games.

See, I already had the first bundle.

Being in the UK I already gave a bit extra because donating in $US doesn't feel as substantial, so I was then pleasantly surprised to get the first humble bundle which I missed earlier :)

Pirate Kitty:

Well, giving money to charity doesn't help me.

You're such a silver spoon kid, if you seriously don't see the point in charity you have some sociological issues in my opinion, not everyone is born into an life like many of the people on here and so those with give to benefit those without, for the reason that if you were one of those without then you would be thankful for the support of others who can support you.

I don't mind giving to charity, but I bought the bundle for the games when it first came out. That means I got all 11 titles for 2 bucks. Ha.

I'm probably going to try this out, steam sales are making a killing out of me lately.

EDIT:

Tipsy Giant:

I'm not one to pass up a free game if you are sure about it add my steam which is displayed on my profile, and I will be iternaly grateful.

Banter:

Firstly: you know nothing about me. So do not presume me to be blessed with an easy life.

Secondly: sociological issue? Perhaps I simply do not wish to give money away.

Dem trolls be tricksy.

OT: Amazing deal for a good cause? What's not to love?

Pirate Kitty:

No it can't.

If you really hate giving money to charity and making children happy, why don't you just select the option to give all the money to the developers?

Balobo:

Pirate Kitty:

No it can't.

If you really hate giving money to charity and making children happy, why don't you just select the option to give all the money to the developers?

Because I don't like any of those games. Nor do hate making children happy.

Pirate Kitty:

Balobo:

Pirate Kitty:

No it can't.

You don't like games you haven't tried? hur hur hur

Balobo:

A) You've no idea if I've played any of them, and any assumption would be just that. How silly.

B) So you buy every game that comes out and then find out if you like it or not? Hur hur hur.

Pirate Kitty:

Balobo:

A) You've no idea if I've played any of them, and any assumption would be just that. How silly.

B) So you buy every game that comes out and then find out if you like it or not? Hur hur hur.

A) Might as well assume.

B) Sure, if you're going to say "suvun dullarz can buy me bettar games on steam :3" then yes.

Balobo:

Yes, because assuming information based on no evidence whatsoever is definitely the wise thing to do. /sarcasm

That made no sense whatsoever.

Pirate Kitty:

Balobo:

Yes, because assuming information based on no evidence whatsoever is definitely the wise thing to do. /sarcasm

That made no sense whatsoever.

THIS makes no sense? You're the one who came into this thread saying that you can buy one good game for seven dollars instead of ten good games.

Balobo:

Correct. What you said made no sense.

Also, I view the offered ten games to be awful. Video games and their value are a subjective issue, hun. Thus I would rather spend my money on a single good game than ten I didn't like.

Pirate Kitty:

Balobo:

Correct. What you said made no sense.

Also, I view the offered ten games to be awful. Video games and their value are a subjective issue, hun. Thus I would rather spend my money on a single good game than ten I didn't like.

Oh, well if you already own all these games then you might as well not buy it.

Balobo:

Pirate Kitty:

Balobo:

No it can't.

You don't like games you haven't tried? hur hur hur

So isn't that what first impressions are for, you look at a game at a store you don't like how it looks so you don't buy it. I knew I wouldn't like Modren Warfare 2 going in, but I got it for 10 and low and behold I didn't like it :P. So yeah people can make a judge call without playing it.

Balobo:
THIS makes no sense? You're the one who came into this thread saying that you can buy one good game for seven dollars instead of ten good games.

A statement which makes perfect sense. You can get a good game on Steam for $7, which may or may not be a better deal in terms of what you get for your money. If you don't like the 10 games in the bundle or you just want a game that's not in the bundle, then yeah, maybe someone would rather go to Steam and get one game instead of getting 10 they don't want to touch. Also, we have things called demos, reviews, gameplay footage, and trying a friend's copy. One doesn't need to own a game to tell if they would like it or not, so lay off the "you don't get to decide if you think it's good until you spend money on it" nonsense.

And before someone pops in to say "BUT GETTING TEH TEN GAME U DONT WANT GIVES TO TEH CHARITY LOL", there are other ways to give to charity. Like, say, going to childsplaycharity.com and using one of the numerous ways to help out displayed there. Going to Steam to get a game you want rather than buying 10 you don't so some of your money goes to charity doesn't mean you don't care about charity. So enough with the silly guilt trips. If someone wants to buy games in their normal way of "do I actually want this", that is perfectly fine. There is no need for someone to get 10 games they don't want just because part of the money goes to charity because that isn't the only way to give money to charity.

mjc0961:

Balobo:

A statement which makes perfect sense. You can get a good game on Steam for $7, which may or may not be a better deal in terms of what you get for your money. If you don't like the 10 games in the bundle or you just want a game that's not in the bundle, then yeah, maybe someone would rather go to Steam and get one game instead of getting 10 they don't want to touch. Also, we have things called demos, reviews, gameplay footage, and trying a friend's copy. One doesn't need to own a game to tell if they would like it or not, so lay off the "you don't get to decide if you think it's good until you spend money on it" nonsense.

And before someone pops in to say "BUT GETTING TEH TEN GAME U DONT WANT GIVES TO TEH CHARITY LOL", there are other ways to give to charity. Like, say, going to childsplaycharity.com and using one of the numerous ways to help out displayed there. Going to Steam to get a game you want rather than buying 10 you don't so some of your money goes to charity doesn't mean you don't care about charity. So enough with the silly guilt trips. If someone wants to buy games in their normal way of "do I actually want this", that is perfectly fine. There is no need for someone to get 10 games they don't want just because part of the money goes to charity because that isn't the only way to give money to charity.

This would be all well and good if the argument was simply she did not want the games for whatever reason and instead was like ok w/e I donate to charity other ways, but I don't really feel like donating in this particular charity drive.
She, however, made it clear she doesn't believe in charity and she pretty much agreed that she would rather spend the money on herself then give to a charity.
Which is also completely her right and she can do as she pleases, however, the question arises as to why post something like that?
A topic that is supposed to inform people and encourage people to donate to a good cause with the reward of games that people may or may not enjoy is the point of the topic. There is no reason to give a dissenting post to a good cause other than being an obscene troll or terrible misanthrope, which from various other threads, seems to be her modus operandi.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here