Moviemakers Satirize FPS Games With Real Life Action

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Moviemakers Satirize FPS Games With Real Life Action

Classic FPS elements like melee kills, killcams, and teabagging just become funnier when they're satirized with live action footage.

Just how realistic are videogame graphics going to be in the future? Pretty damn realistic, if this satirical movie is to be believed. Titled "Future First Person Shooter", the video uses real life footage to faithfully recreate every FPS moment that gamers have come to expect.

The video was created by Freddie Wong, a musician and filmmaker based out of Los Angeles. Wong's achieved a modicum of fame amongst the videogame community, as "Most people know me from my brief stint as a professional Guitar Hero/Rock Band player."

Wong has a number of similarly well-made (and utterly absurd) videos on his YouTube channel. His movies seem to feature a number of explosions and gunplay, and they're pretty solid pieces of satire. You can also see the latest updates from his movie team, Facerocker, here.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Not quite as funny as his other works, but that's not to say it isn't extremely impressive with it's CoD replication. Keep it up, Freddie.

Freddie Wong is my hero. Gotta love the man in all his crazy awesomeness.

Needs more tradeable hats.

What a noob sniper. He didn't headshot!

OT: Awesome video.

Nice! Freddie is awesome sauce

Love the over the top grenade explosions.

Wow, that "Brandon's House" map just looks awesome....so real

Meh, it's no Crysis.

Now do TF2 :D
___SCRIPT___
MICHEAL BAYSPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE! ROCKET JUMPING TO RIDICULOUS HEIGHTS! BULLETS FLYING PAST YOUR HEAD! CAKES THAT ARE SPIES!

I am impressed. That made me dizzy watching it.

I'd love to see more syterical videos on other FPS games like TF2 :3

That was brilliant lol

I find this pretty accurately represents spawning in CoD.

I love Mr. Wong. :)
His videos always put a smile on my face.

yeah great video I saw earlier on kotaku

I also like how he used the "golden eye sound effect when he got hit"

I'm going to have to watch the rest of these now aren't I?

Kind of beings home how silly some of our run and gun conventions would look it real life, they did a GREAT job of capturing the almost unnatural players move in Online FPS like this. Now if they had been replicating the mechanics in ARMA or STALKER this would have been a very different video...

Very nice. I liked it. Pretty good representation of CoD. The marathon/lightweight knifer that you see. The fact that he spawned in the line of sight of the dude who just killed him (ugh I hate bad respawn points). The teabagging. Just like CoD.

It's like watching a Full Motion Video version of Call of Duty. If this was made back in the 90's, I guarantee someone would have made a game like that. XD

I don't think he does it to be satirical, just because it's great fun.
I want to work for these guys.

Just a couple more years.... bye uni!

That...

That was awesome.

I'll be sure to watch his other work once my computer starts working again.

Nice... however I'm surprised with that with multi grenade kill he didn't get a killstreak.

Love the sniper in the end.

"You camping whore!"

"It's a legitimate strategy!"

Applause for that one. Very well made. They actually seem to have put a lot of effort into that.

His other videos were funnier, but this one was bad ass.

at 0.23 he should have tea bagged him, and at 1.03 it would have been funnier the sounds from UT2004: "MultiKill! UltraKill! ZOMFG! GODLIKE!" just sayin'

I still think his aimbot vid is the best one.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Needs more tradeable hats.

It's actually sad how every multiplayer fps after tf2 has disappointing lack of customizable headgear, After all thats what makes fps a true masterpiece isn't it.

OT: I've seen Freddie's awesome videos before, This one made me finally subscribe.

LightOfDarkness:
Now do TF2 :D
___SCRIPT___
MICHEAL BAYSPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE! ROCKET JUMPING TO RIDICULOUS HEIGHTS! BULLETS FLYING PAST YOUR HEAD! CAKES THAT ARE SPIES!

I think this is close enough...

Scrumpmonkey:
Kind of beings home how silly some of our run and gun conventions would look it real life, they did a GREAT job of capturing the almost unnatural players move in Online FPS like this. Now if they had been replicating the mechanics in ARMA or STALKER this would have been a very different video...

Sit in bush for 30 minutes, get artilleried/anomalied, repeat?

Heh, great work there

Pretty good, that totally captured the CoD experience.

That was very well done. Time to check out some of his other stuff.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here