Test Your Knowledge About the Biggest Games of 2011 In a Quiz!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Test Your Knowledge About the Biggest Games of 2011 In a Quiz!

Have you been following news and previews of the biggest games coming out this year?

December may be a time to look back on the past year and reflect on how things have changed, but this is January now - enough looking back, it's time to look forward! There's a whole new year in front of us full of possibilities just waiting to be seized! Oh, and it's full of new games, too.

There are a bunch of high-profile, highly-anticipated games waiting in the wings to finally hit shelves in 2011. Some, we've only known about for a month or so. Others have been in development for over twelve years (you know which one I'm talking about, people). So, with so much to look forward to, I thought: Why not ring in the New Year with a quiz about all these games we want to play, like now.

So, without further ado: our Games of 2011 Quiz! Oh sure, some of these may end up slipping their release dates (if they even have official release dates at all), but we think they're all coming out in 2011. At least, we hope they are.

All except Diablo III, anyway. Everybody knows that game isn't actually coming out this year. It is but a fool's hope ... a sweet, sweet hope.

As with all of our quizzes, you can take it as many times as you want in search of a perfect score, but your time will be reflected on our leaderboard.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Take our Games of 2011 Quiz here!

First and First!

Not for long I guess, but hey!

1st of 7.

Not for long...

You got me all sad with the Marvel Vs Capcom question!

Put 'em in! THEY DESERVE IT!

whats the Pokemon one?! I havent touched the game since it came out for the GBA XD

Second placed! (albeit probably not for long.)

Blasted Pokemon...

Wow that pokemon question stumped me for a while.

8th though... for the moment.

Hey, I'm currently 4th with 66 people in the list.
The only one i got wrong was the damn Pokemon question... I really don't know much about that stuff since i don't read the news related to Pokemon. Too bad...

Woohoo! 6th place! For now.

70%. Not bad considering how much I guessed...

8th of 69 for now. I missed the Deus Ex one te first time, then flubbed the Capcom vs. question 3 times!

Waw, I can't believe I actually got it all right the first time around. I don't even care about some of the related games.

I am starting to think I pay too much attention to gaming news. :P

Okay, it's official.

Logan Westbrook is a cheater.

A filthy, stinking cheater.

He ALWAYS gets #1. And in 1 try.

And, yes.

I MAD

The pokemon one got me, i didnt realise it siad which pokemon ISNT a starter. FUCK!

3rd place? I'll take that, score!

I'm behind Logan and Onyx.

Onyx Oblivion:
1st of 7.

Not for long...

DAMN YOU!

Irridium:

Onyx Oblivion:
1st of 7.

Not for long...

DAMN YOU!

Don't point at me. Blame Logan. He's ALWAYS #1. He's a cheater.

Onyx Oblivion:

Irridium:

Onyx Oblivion:
1st of 7.

Not for long...

DAMN YOU!

So... I could be second with Logan gone?

DAMN YOU LOGAN!!

Irridium:

Onyx Oblivion:

Irridium:

DAMN YOU!

DAMN YOU LOGAN!!

We could all be better with Logan gone. I could be 1st!

But he ALWAYS gets #1. He's using his Escapist staff powers or something. Or an alternate account to test the quizzes first.

Or he writes them, I suppose.

My internet is not fast enough to process the pages in under 30 seconds. And if I die in multiplayer games, it was lag.

Onyx Oblivion:

Irridium:

Onyx Oblivion:

DAMN YOU LOGAN!!

We could all be better with Logan gone. I could be 1st!

But he ALWAYS gets #1. He's using his Escapist staff powers or something. Or an alternate account to test the quizzes first.

Or he writes them, I suppose.

None of the above I'm afraid. What really happens is Martians from the future beam the answer directly into my brain. It plays some part of their nefarious scheme to take over the world, but alas, I don't know what.

Logan Westbrook:

None of the above I'm afraid. What really happens is Martians from the future beam the answer directly into my brain. It plays some part of their nefarious scheme to take over the world, but alas, I don't know what.

CHEATING WITH MARTIANS, EH?!

I see your game, Mr. Westbrook!

*glues foil hat to your head*

Onyx Oblivion:

Logan Westbrook:

Oh finally, a moment's peace! Thank you sir!

Fine by me since I don't care about either of those. Surprised I didn't get more wrong actually.

Whoo, 100% and I'm on the top scoreboard. I can feel the fame seeping in!
Autographs are $1.50. Get them while they're cheap!

I scored 80%, with 8 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Games of 2011.
Take this quiz

It's still stuck on 80% and will always be so, or every answer in the quiz is wrong when it comes to the Starwars and Deus Ex questions.

Logan Westbrook:

Onyx Oblivion:

Logan Westbrook:

Oh finally, a moment's peace! Thank you sir!

*hands you glue solvent*

You might need this later...

The Pokemon one almost threw me off, but again, 100% first try.

"Biggest games of 2011 quiz"

Okay, let's do this!

"Pokemon"

Oh, come the fuck on.

5/10, I din't know more than two of these, I never look at trailers before a game is already out. All it does is set you up to get disappoint.

ciortas1:

Okay, let's do this!

"Pokemon"

Oh, come the fuck on.

Whether you like it or not, you can't deny that Pokemon is one of the biggest selling games. Statistics back it up!

Personally I'm always a little surprised, but pokemon's got such a negative connotation to it. My girlfriend couldn't believe I played it, until she watched me once, and then realized it was actually a lot better than her imagination would allow it to be.

I did terrible, but I only learn about games that I'm on the fence about. And I can't remember colors. (bite me Deus Ex!)

Pokemon questions. Seriously? Damn you for making me for take the test THREE Goddamned Times just to get that ONE question right!

ciortas1:

Okay, let's do this!

"Pokemon"

Oh, come the fuck on.

Honestly, of all the games mentioned in the quiz, Pokemon Black/White will probably sell the most. HeartGold/SoulSilver sold 10 million copies.

It's fine if you don't like it, but refusing to recognize a new Pokemon generation as a major release is just silly.

Got the Pokémon and Portal 2 questions wrong.

That's okay as I'm interested in neither.
Portal was cute and all but doesn't need a sequel.

Could've guessed the answer to the Pokémon one though, the name sounds like a non-evolver.

New year, first up, Marvel vs Capcom 3!

CvS3 plz?

John Funk:
snip

Don't worry, I have no illusions about the fandom surrounding the games and the sales this one will undoubtedly get.

But the game in and of itself is not big, neither in scope of its ideas, nor the development time involved or what have you.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the question wasn't about any sort of a relevant game, which there are still plenty, such as Crysis 2, The Witcher 2 or something. Pokemon isn't going to change the industry, it's just there to be another sequel the fans can lap up.

ciortas1:

John Funk:
snip

Don't worry, I have no illusions about the fandom surrounding the games and the sales this one will undoubtedly get.

But the game in and of itself is not big, neither in scope of its ideas, nor the development time involved or what have you.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the question wasn't about any sort of a relevant game, which there are still plenty, such as Crysis 2, The Witcher 2 or something. Pokemon isn't going to change the industry, it's just there to be another sequel the fans can lap up.

...it's absolutely a relevant game, and makes far more changes to the franchise than you're giving it credit for. Again, just because you personally don't care for it, does not make it in any way not a big game - far more so than Crysis 2 or The Witcher 2.

100% and 28th place. Not too shabby.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or