Tenchu Developer Sneaking Boxer Shorts All Over Japan

Tenchu Developer Sneaking Boxer Shorts All Over Japan

Acquire has been photographing a pair of underwear as it travels around Japan, but nobody really knows why.

Japanese videogame developer Acquire, known for Tenchu and Way of the Samurai, recently started teasing something very... interesting. On a teaser website, the company is rotating images of boxer shorts in various situations around the Japanese district of Akihabara.

Sometimes the shorts are just lying on the street, while other scenes are more action-packed with the pair hanging from a tree limb or a pole. The boxer shorts themselves have a blue and white striped pattern and look to be either a medium or large.

An associated widget lets you tweet about the strange images along with text that says "Akihabara x Trunks." If this is a clue towards what the website is referring to, I hope someone has the ability to explain, because I'm baffled.

The name "Akihabara x Trunks" sounds like Namco/Capcom crossover Street Fighter x Tekken, but I doubt Acquire is developing a game where underwear battles against the district of Akihabara. Acquire released a series of games called What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? on the PlayStation Network in 2010, so this could be a tease for another unique downloadable title. I'm personally hoping that the boxer shorts are a disguised ninja, and Acquire is making a new, but actually good version of Tenchu.

Source: AkbStrip, via Siliconera

Bizzare, I'd love for another great Tenchu game though. Especially when you're playing as underwear :P

Tom Goldman:
a href="http://www.akbstrip.jp/" target="_blank">teasing[/a]

Mess up your formatting a bit there?

Looks interesting, wonder what they're going to do.

TENCHU Z 2, TENCHU Z 2.

HNGGGH. So much hope, but so little chance.

Id like a new Tenchu please

Trogdor1138:
Bizzare, I'd love for another great Tenchu game though. Especially when you're playing as underwear :P

Tenchu: Wrath of skid marks =D

Something to do with the chinese boxer rebellion?

HankMan:

Trogdor1138:

Tenchu: Wrath of skid marks =D

HAH! I love it. You'd have to be careful of strange odors giving away your position to ninjas.

Tom Goldman:
I'm personally hoping that the boxer shorts are a disguised ninja, and Acquire is making a new, but actually good version of Tenchu.

Yes please! Would make a nice change from recent years.

Only in Japan... because America is too boring.

Heres hoping for more Way of the Samurai goodness :3

Bah.
After that Prinny game, I bet underwear are just the new thing in Japanese games, like how chest-high-walls have been a fad in US releases.

Anyone wanna bet that the secret form for the third game of this generation of Pokemon's gonna be underwear-themed?

That's not the weirdest ad i've seen.

Atleast i think so.

Tom Goldman:

Acquire has been photographing a pair of underwear as it travels around Japan, but nobody really knows why.

I'll tell you why: Japan

They are obviously making a new DBZ game featuring trunks as the main character.

It's Japan. People are probably obsessed with watching where this piece of fabric goes every day. They're just special like that. =D

They need to make a good Tenchu game the last good tenchu games were the first 2 for the ps1(the 2nd game was a prequel)

fanklok:
They are obviously making a new DBZ game featuring trunks as the main character.

This person speaks sense, 'twas the first thing I thought of as well :P

God knows if they placed "mysterious boxers" in America it would be a terrorist threat... Ninja terrorist threat. Dun dun DUUNNN.

I wants a new Tenchu.

Another Japanese sex game. What a surprise!

This can only end badly. Or weirdly.

Tom Goldman:
Acquire is developing a game where underwear battles against the district of Akihabara.

Oh please let it be this!

Erana:
Bah.
After that Prinny game, I bet underwear are just the new thing in Japanese games, like how chest-high-walls have been a fad in US releases.

Anyone wanna bet that the secret form for the third game of this generation of Pokemon's gonna be underwear-themed?

Eevee evolves into...Underweareon?

OT:

Underwear fighting game. MAKE IT HAPPEN, JAPAN!

Wow, i think working on ninja games drives marketing departments insane for some reason.

icyneesan:
Only in Japan... because America is too boring.

Heres hoping for more Way of the Samurai goodness :3

Way of the Samurai 4

It's incoming, so it's not likely to be related to Way of the Samurai 4.

I hope for a new Tenchu game, I LOVED Wrath of Heaven. So much I bought it three times for different reasons...

Akibara vs Trunks Briefs.

(From Dragon Ball Z)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or