Sega Lets You Play Videogames with Your Pee

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sega Lets You Play Videogames with Your Pee

Sega gives new meaning to motion control by letting men play games as they urinate in Tokyo bathrooms.

Ok fellas, who of you hasn't tried to knock off some mildew or "paint" the back of the urinal as you do your bidness in the bathroom? If you're not raising your hand, I call you a liar, sir. Sega knows that we all have the temptation to make a game out of peeing, so they closed the gap by, well, making a game out of peeing. Right now, Sega is testing its Toylet console in select bathrooms across Tokyo, offering four different mini-games before running an advertisement. A pressure sensor on the back of the urinal detects the strength and location of your pee-pee stream and that information is transmitted to a screen above. You can even save your scores to a USB flash drive, you know, in case you were thinking of starting a competition with your officemates.

As there isn't much a chance of offending the opposite sex, the four games on Sega's Toylet all strongly cater to the male demographic. Manneken Pis is a straight-up measurement of how much liquid you project onto the sensor. Graffiti Eraser is a take on the old standby where your stream helps keep the bathroom clean by washing away unwanted scrawlings. Then there's Milk from Nose in which your stream is measured against the last guy to use the Toylet to push a combatant out of a "ring." It's a little gross for the waste liquid that you project from your penis to be translated into milk coming from your avatar's nose, but then again, this is Japan we're talking about.

Which leads me to the last game: The North Wind and Her. This one has your pee power the wind blowing up a girl's skirt to ostensibly glimpse the sweet nothings hiding beneath it. There's many things that are just wrong about this game but I'll start with the purely mechanical. If you're presented with erotic images, it doesn't necessarily make urinating any easier, does it?

The ethics/feasibility of North Wind notwithstanding, I actually think that the Toylet is a pretty smart idea. There's not much to do in the 30 seconds or so that you stand at the urinal and, given how much coffee I consume and how many trips to the bathroom that entails, the time wasted on a daily basis really starts to add up. Would I be grateful to have a game to play in those five minutes of my life each day? Sure.

Would I start drinking as much water as I could to keep me going to the john to rack up that high score in Graffiti Eraser? Hells yeah, I would.

Source: Akihabara News

*cringe* Why does this even... Who would even make something like this? Good lord Sega, I always thought that you went down the toilet as of late but setting up residence there?

huh, and I thought the Wii Fit board was weird(the gimmicky platform wars rage onward)

This time, the Japanese have officially...
*puts on sunglasses*
taken the piss
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Japan...stop with the awesome, yet totally creepy, ideas.

Radoh:
*cringe* Why does this even... Who would even make something like this?

people that obviously 1. don't go out very often, I mean public urinals aren't exactly 'clean' and 2. they just completely made this thing unisex, you just slashed your already tiny market of people who like doing stuff while going to the Bathroom in half

You know, I'm just not going to touch this matter, other than saying that Sega has finally gone completely batshit.

Josh12345:
they just completely made this thing unisex, you just slashed your already tiny market of people who like doing stuff while going to the Bathroom in half

Just out of curiosity, how do you think a lady version might work?

Bwwaahahahaha!

This is so stupid yet awesome at the same time. I wouldn't mind trying that 'Milk form Nose' game.

Greg Tito:

I'll never sleep again until I figure this out.

Damn you, Tito.

Guess no Graffiti Eraser for the ladies huh?

Anyway, I would totally like those in the bars I get drunk. Would be fun to compete with friends.

Not at the same urinal you weirdos.

Greg Tito:

Josh12345:
they just completely made this thing unisex, you just slashed your already tiny market of people who like doing stuff while going to the Bathroom in half

Woah now that's something to think about o.O

Hmmm...I guess Sega finally snapped and decided to make a game about pissing. Sega, this fish wants your cheeks! This is just fucked up, I mean come on!

...Using it while in the bathroom? Wouldn't you get germs all over it and other people would share? I mean, some people don't wash their hands so why would anyone clean this? I smell disaster for diseases ..Mm

what is this I don't even

I wonder how those news got out.
There must have been a serious leak. I mean, they probably wanted to keep this one on the down low. And now they have been caught with their pants down and this news is just hanging out in the open.

TheAmazingHobo:
I wonder how those news got out.
There must have been a serious leak. I mean, they probably wanted to keep this one on the down low. And now they have been caught with their pants down and this news is just hanging out in the open.

Is that you Austin Powers?

See things like this would never work in America. Because right off the bat I am sure there is some man or woman who would be "offended" by such a thing. Beyond that you know there would be a string of urinal thefts so people could bring this home... Ya know, for practice...

Sega has definitely found it's target market.

Oh japan, you so crazy.

Greg Tito:

Josh12345:

I too am curious about this. I don't think my lady parts...Nevermind. I can't even finish that in a way that makes sense.

I'm inclined to nominate this for "Weird/Creepy Innovation of the Year." Pretty good on Sega's behalf, seeing's it's only the 6th day of the year.

I love this, it really sounds like fun, especially the milk game (though I can't imagine how they went from pee to milk from the nose). It's not like I got anything else to do while I'm pissing and I do that a lot in a day.

Wow...

The only thing I can think of are the warnings that will be on the game when it comes out.

The horror...the horror...

Greg Tito:

Josh12345:

Like turning on the water for a water slide. No more water(piss), no more sliding. Ugh, not a high point of my day, but I thought of an answer to your question, I might as well write it. Believe me, I am not proud, but I accept that I am kind of:

Yeah...I can't say much to this. Japan outdones themselves every damn time, impossible to beat them.

This is one of stupidest ideas i ever heard... and yet it's brilliant.

As for ladies, while peeing would not be the good thing for a game, but what about tampons with gyroscope? Endless possibilities!

Wait, you mean they made it so you can have some fun with taking a whiz?

*jots down yet another reason to move to Japan*

Now I want *TO SEE them make games to play while you poo and/or vomit.

In America,these things would get killed so quickly.I live in Texas and know that people would either vandalize it one way or another

I... They... It...

WHAT?

Funny, considering most of Sega's games aren't even worth pissing on to begin with.

Haha that's brilliant!
Giving an incentive for accurate urination, now if only there was some way to instil punishments for those members of society who deem the floor just as valid a place for piss as a urinal...

may I ask, who pisses long enough to actually PLAY the game?

you know, just wondering

Damn. As if Japanese toilets weren't already badass enough.

The moment I read the title I thought "JAPAN!" and I was right, the thing I'm getting interested in now is pooping games.

Macgyvercas:
Wait, you mean they made it so you can have some fun with taking a whiz?

*jots down yet another reason to move to Japan*

This is pretty much the brunt of it. I'm having trouble seeing why some people are getting bent out of shape over this. It's a quick little gimmick for club and bar restrooms, not an actual marketable game that needs to appeal to the masses.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here