Castle Crashers Players to Brawl Over 24k Gold Xbox 360

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Castle Crashers Players to Brawl Over 24k Gold Xbox 360

The Behemoth has used the Midas touch on an Xbox 360 for an upcoming Castle Crashers tournament prize.

To celebrate the recent peak of over 2,000,000 players in Castle Crashers, The Behemoth is holding a Castle Crashers contest in January called the Tournament of Champions that will award a very special grand prize. The winner of the contest will receive an Xbox 360 fit for a king.

The grand prize of the Tournament of Champions is a golden Xbox 360, and this thing ain't spray painted either. The Behemoth plated an Xbox 360 in 24k gold, but the console is still fully functional.

It even includes an Xbox 360 controller plated in 24k gold, in addition to a 24k gold hard drive. Awesome. This could be the most highly sought after Xbox 360 variant in history.

To enter the contest, Castle Crashers players must be in the top 100 weekly ranked arena players by 12:00 noon PST on January 28, 2011. These 100 players will battle it out in 1-on-1 arena matches through a single elimination tournament to take place on February 5.

Second place will get a Castle Crashers-themed Xbox 360 Elite, and third will receive 250 squishy chickens, the smushable doll seen in the background of the accompanying pictures. In its benevolence, The Behemoth is awarding the top 24 players with a "special bonus," and every player in the tournament is guaranteed to receive something (probably a chicken). Interested players, and eBayers, had best prepare their most deadly pets and arena strategies.

Source: The Behemoth Blog

The winner of that is not gonna play it but put it in a sterile display case. 24k gold has the tendency to tarnish (which is why it is mixed with other elements like nickel), and handling that controller would speed that process up.

Very impressive...

It'd be really funny if that 360 red-ringed.

And what happens when you inevitable drop/scratch/rub-off-the-gold-plating on that controller?

Suicide?

Onyx Oblivion:

If I made this, I would replace the rings with gold lights.

Onyx Oblivion:

Could you imagine MAILING that thing to Microsoft to be repaired? I would literally fly to their repair facility and WATCH them work on it to make sure they didn't scratch it.

I wonder how much its worth. I'll sell that shit on EBAY!

Roboto:
The winner of that is not gonna play it but put it in a sterile display case. 24k gold has the tendency to tarnish (which is why it is mixed with other elements like nickel), and handling that controller would speed that process up.

And the winner shall admire it until Indiana Jones steals it right out from under them.

"That belongs in a museum!"

I better start leveling up my Barbarian.

It's very cool looking, but considering that McDonalds was able to have those Pokemon balls with gold plated figures inside, they probably did this without spending TOO much money.

I hope the person who wins it never actually uses it. Xbox overheating problems x 3000 with that thing.

Alright do want! Time to make my Ice Knight more powerful!

HOLY TITS! I would have just expected a Castle Crashers themed 360, but "gold" plated, daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Am I too nerdy for being reminded of the World Martial Arts tournament from Dragon Ball by this?

I'd actually prefer to come 3rd. 250 chickens!

I have never played (nor plan on buying) Castle Crashers, but that is quite a great incentive. No point in even using the thing as it's surly headed straight to auction. Besides, I'd bet that gold coating makes it potentially Red Ring quicker. Damn that would be awful. The only thing worse is knowing that you would then own a gold-plated brick of useless technical parts and plastic because if you sent that in for a Microsoft repair, you'd get an ol' white refurb sent back 100% guaranteed!

Hmm... I've heard the price of gold has skyrocketed lately. If nothing else, that xbox would make for quite the nice payday.

Wow. I've never even played Castle Crashers, but...That thing makes me want to.

Roboto:
The winner of that is not gonna play it but put it in a sterile display case.

That's if they're smart about it, but I doubt that will be the case, sadly.

OMG the things I could buy if I sold that.
Time to level up my Green Knight!
Grinding Awayyyyyyy!

Can people who use the PS3 version of Castle Crashers enter too?

Onyx Oblivion:

It probably will. Isn't Gold an amazing Thermal conductor? So it would heat faster if anything.

OT: Am i one of the few that think this is completely pointless? I really don't see the need in a 34k gold 360.

Roboto:

Very impressive...

wait, i thought gold never tarnished, being that it is an inert metal?

oh.....my.......god.........pretty........much.........covers.......it.!!!!

Castle Crashers only recently went past 2 million?
I'd consider entering, but the arena matches in Castle Crashers are impossible, half the time I'm beaten by some guy who refuses to touch me and just shoots from a distance. The times where I actually do win, people quit before it has a chance to register.

... the first xbox that will melt before it's mother bored does.

A little extreme, eh? But second and third place prizes sound great. Expecially third. 250 squish chickens. Awesome.

Nouw:
Alright do want! Time to make my Ice Knight more powerful!

I have every pet
every weapon
level 99 Orange Knight, Blue Knight, and Fire Demon

I MUST WIN!

I BOUGHT A 360 JUST FOR THIS GAME!
*twitch* *twitch*

tournaments broken anyways

freaking 256'ers

Tankichi:

Onyx Oblivion:

It probably will. Isn't Gold an amazing Thermal conductor? So it would heat faster if anything.

OT: Am i one of the few that think this is completely pointless? I really don't see the need in a 34k gold 360.

Surely being covered in something that conducts heat well would help it dissipate heat? Assuming that the 360 is hotter than it's surroundings, which it definitely will be. The gold can't get hotter than the 360 itself, that's basic thermodynamics. So I'm fairly sure it would make it less likely to overheat (says someone with an understanding of physics that's mediocore at best).

Iron Lightning:

I don't think so because the PS3 version is nerfed compared to the 360 version

CleverCover:
OMG the things I could buy if I sold that.
Time to level up my Green Knight!
Grinding Awayyyyyyy!

I already beat you to the "grind to level 99" punch

but we're screwed anyway
the winners will all be level 256 hackers playing as industrialist/fencer/necromancer/red knight

Imagine sending that to Cash4Gold...

And aslo, this is a good reason to start playing Casle Crashers!

Tom Goldman:
third will receive 250 squishy chickens, the smushable doll seen in the background of the accompanying pictures.

I'm grinding all my friends to level 99 with whatever knight they want

we're ALL entering

AND WE WILL WIN THE CHICKENS!!!

EDIT: Anywhere you can BUY the chickens? because I'd like one anyways but can't find them in the NG store OR the Behemoth store

Iron Lightning:

No; because the PS3 version was nerfed to all heck and it said it's the Xbox ranked matches only

sorry

but I guess you, and the one other person I saw are out of luck

if my evil plan works though I'll send you a chicken

SuperMse:
Am I too nerdy for being reminded of the World Martial Arts tournament from Dragon Ball by this?

Yes, but you have won my respect for it.

Holy crap! That boring game actually got 2,000,000 players?! Wow. People will buy anything I guess.

Geo Da Sponge:

Tankichi:

Onyx Oblivion:

Surely being covered in something that conducts heat well would help it dissipate heat? Assuming that the 360 is hotter than it's surroundings, which it definitely will be. The gold can't get hotter than the 360 itself, that's basic thermodynamics. So I'm fairly sure it would make it less likely to overheat (says someone with an understanding of physics that's mediocore at best).

Also, people are either joking or stupid. This isn't 2006 anymore, RRoD and heat aren't a problem with the 360 anymore unless you bought one back in 2006 and still haven't opened the box yet.

Then again, for some reason Behemoth thought it would be a good idea to use the old version of the 360 rather than the 360 S, so who knows. They made a game that belongs in the 90's with all those other boring beat-em-up games, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they found the oldest 360 they could possibly get their hands on to plate in gold either.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here