Fallout Conversations Become Absolutely Disturbing in Real Life

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Fallout Conversations Become Absolutely Disturbing in Real Life

If you think it'd be neat to apply the Fallout conversation system to the real world, watch this and change your mind.

Comedy sketch group Busted Pixel is dedicated to creating funny content revolving around videogames. The concept of their latest video was to bring the conversation system from Fallout into the real world. It sounds silly in nature, but ends up becoming pretty strange in practice.

The video is called Relationship Fallout, and shows what happens when a cheating boyfriend uses Fallout conversation skills on his girlfriend that awaits him when he returns home late. The guy definitely should have put more points into Charisma.

The girlfriend questions him about his previous whereabouts, and he can either say he was at work (a lie), say he lost track of time, or try to sleep with her. He mistakenly chooses to lie, and she catches him in it. He tries to lie again, to no avail. This girl isn't a pushover.

Then, the video takes a dark twist. The boyfriend decides to take a hit in Karma and murders his girlfriend with a statuette. It's cute when Vault Boy lets you know of your good and bad deeds in the virtual world, but it's just creepy when he informs someone his Karma has gone down for a real life murder. Maybe Busted Pixel could revisit this idea and come up with a lighter example next time.

Source: Busted Pixel, via Kotaku

I prefered it when Doomsday arcade did it but its still good.

Sweet Zombie Jesus that's creepy. Good video, but creepy all the same.

I thought the killing her part was totally hilarious.

I also liked the chance to achieve with the "Have sex" option kept going up.

And now I'm reminded of Doomsday Arcade.

Still pretty funny though. And pretty much why I loath Bethesda's conversation system...
Thankfully it appears Skyrim is fixing this issue.

That was hilarious.. Though i feel the clip could have been longer and had more choices. Would be awesome if that played out as an interactive clip where the viewer himself chose what to do..

This is what I would say if I was in that kind of mindset...

"50% speech check? Alright lets do this! *Speech Check win!* Alright!"

But I wouldn't since I'm not....and I have no girlfriend so...yeah =w=.

That's creepy? I thought it was pretty funny. Excepting the swearing, that was pretty G-rated.

LetalisK:
That's creepy? I thought it was pretty funny. Excepting the swearing, that was pretty G-rated.

That seemed random to me, considering it's based on an 18 rated game.

Should of got his chrisma up, would of gotton laid.

At least he doesn't have to cook tonight *OMNOMNOM*

Friggin' hilarious.
Love it. But you can never win a real speech check against a woman. Never.
That is why I put all of my points into sneak.

LET'S JUST HAVE SEX would be my option, at 50%... idiot

Oh,I thought this was going to be about how saying how you wish you could murder all the kids in little lamplight was bad.

It would have been more realistic if she didn't move at all while speaking and had a really inexpressive face...

Creepy indeed. He got owned verbally before the dark twist. Awkward.

Haha, I'll never look at those fallout conversations the same way again. I liked how the "Let's have sex." option just kept getting higher.

Funniest vid I have seen in months! More! MORE! I demand more and darker! Sell her into slavery! Send a child into a minefield to retrieve phat lootz!

I think the creepiest part about it was how she actually looked like a girl from Fallout 3 lol.

Can't believe he didn't go for the speech checks.

Irridium:

Still pretty funny though. And pretty much why I loath Bethesda's conversation system...

They are? I have not heard this excellent news. How are they fixing it?

Don't forget to loot!

Darn. Such a waste of good karma.

That was hilarious, and anyone who thought otherwise, maybe you should put your time into investing in a sense of humor! XD

...Wow, um... morbid.

ionveau:
Did he rape her?

Did you bother to read the post? Or read anything?

On topic: Awesome video, super creepy. Good atmosphere with the low light and music.

That wasn't even remotely funny.

Fr]anc[is:
At least he doesn't have to cook tonight *OMNOMNOM*

HAhahahahaha
My thoughts exactly!

Mcoffey:

Irridium:

I forgot how...Hold on, I gotten the mag two days ago.

Okay, I just read it: It's the same BUT no more zoom up on the faces and people actually do something while they talk to you.

...Also You have to fight DRAGONS.

Mcoffey:

Irridium:

Instead of zooming in and having a fixed face-to-face conversation, you stay zoomed out, and they go about their business while you talk to them. Not sure exactly how the system works, and I don't know if you'll be frozen or not. But I do know it won't zoom in, and the NPC's will have more motion then randomly waving arms.

It was mentioned in the recent Game Informer magazine.

Or you can read it here.

Second page, 4th paragraph.

yeah the sex option seemed like the better choice. and 50% are great odds. the best part is if it didn't work you could try again until it did. thank you fallout 3 for making speech checks useless!though I have to say killing her was probably the third best option. let's talk about this would be more my thing. what? talking is good.

There was a 50% chance they could've had sex? WHY did he not try it?!

So did he have sex after that?

I keed, I keed.

Eruanno:
There was a 50% chance they could've had sex? WHY did he not try it?!

My thoughts exactly. Never pass up a speech option that has a 50% or greater chance of success. Especially when it involves sex.

That was fantastic.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or