Ride-In Daleks Teach Kids to Exterminate Life

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ride-In Daleks Teach Kids to Exterminate Life

The ultimate Doctor Who toy has arrived, but it might have unintended consequences on the kids that play with it.

The Daleks are the mortal enemy of Doctor Who and someday hope to exterminate all life in the universe. How would you like your children to drive one around the neighborhood? Now they can, thanks to Zappies' Ride-In Dalek toys.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, but it's pretty funny to see a few kids that can't be a day over 7 giggling while playing with a Dalek. Daleks are cyborgs basically designed to roll around and kill everything they find without emotion, so I had never thought about popping a toddler inside of one.

Zappies plans to release its Ride-In Daleks this June in the UK toy market, but they can also be ordered online. Right now it looks like they come in five different colors for 199.99 ($317) each. The Daleks are battery operated, over 4 feet tall, and emit 10 sounds and phrases.

I wonder if a grown adult could fit, because I'm not sure these Ride-In Daleks are suited for kids. Here's an example:

"So, Billy, did you have fun at your playdate?"

"Yes, Mom. We exterminated all of humanity and killed off Doctor Who once and for all. Today, Earth, tomorrow, the universe!"

See what I mean?

Source: Zappies, via io9

That thing would've made my day when I was a kid!

Actually...I want one even now. Please make adult-sized ones!

EXTERMINATEEXTERMINATEEXTERMINATE
(my avatar goes really well with this line)

This mus be the most amazing thing I have seen all week.

Damn, I have to get a life...

This is...kind of creepy..

I approve of this.

Greatest. Idea. Ever.

Awesome. Whats next? Cyberman suits with deletion grip action?

I want one. I don't care if I am 15, I still want it... Hmm, maybe i could give one to my little brother... . Mwuhahahaha....

I iz a genius...

What the hell? This is awesome, but what the hell?

I mean, when I was a kid I would've loved a robot to ride around in that tells people I want to kill them, but what the hell?

It's just too awesome.

Might be more impressed if they'd used the real Dalek design instead of the Mighty Morphin Dalek Rangers...

This looks really awesome, while also not. I can just imagine a bunch of people in those, going to a rave or something.

now they just need borg suits for kids

The only shit part of these toys is that I'm not young enough to fit in one...

Damn my 22 going on 23ness!

Don't you all see?!?

They're enslaving our children!

First the "toy" mobility unit, next the genetically scrubbed ethics and fully operational disruptor units, objections of the scientist caste be DAMNED!

THIS WAS DAVROS' PLAN ALL ALONG! THE KALED RACE IS DOOMED! YOU FOOLS! YOU MAD, EGOTISTICAL FOOLS!

(Ahem. Sorry, had to.)

Back in the 60's they had something similar except it was just a cardboard box shaped like a Dalek with a slit to see out of and a couple holes for the hands and the child was suppose4d to hold a stick and plunger while trundling the entire device around as it lack the drive mechanism of this contraption.

Ah yes, here it is.

Reed Spacer:
Might be more impressed if they'd used the real Dalek design instead of the Mighty Morphin Dalek Rangers...

I don't know if you missed one of the episodes, but this is the official new design.

Dammit, some things like this make me want to have all this stuff when I was growing up.
...must think small...must think smaller...

Awwwwwwwww... that's so cute I might *Is exterminated*.

That Guy Who Phails:

Reed Spacer:

I don't know if you missed one of the episodes, but this is the official new design.

I didn't.

That's my point. The new design looks stupid.

So are the days of blaming videogames finally over?
Years from now when Billy goes on a murderspree, we will all point at the Zappies' Ride-In Daleks.

I don't see how these are any worse than toy guns and swords tbh. At least daleks don't really exist

.No.:
This looks really awesome, while also not. I can just imagine a bunch of people in those, going to a rave or something.

I'd just drive it around for the hell of it...
... also, did anyone else immediately think 'Drivable Daleks = Bumper car/laser tag hybrid' game?

i don't see the problem, kids play at shooting each other anyway, this is no different (just more awesome)

I nearly pissed my pants when I saw this. Epic win. Now get them to fire lightning bolts.

Reed Spacer:

That Guy Who Phails:

Reed Spacer:

I didn't.

That's my point. The new design looks stupid.

The kids love them.
After all, the program is for the whole family.
We have Amy for the grownups ;), and cool colorfull Daleks for the kids.

Awesomeness factor does not compute!

SaintWaldo:
Don't you all see?!?

They're enslaving our children!

First the "toy" mobility unit, next the genetically scrubbed ethics and fully operational disruptor units, objections of the scientist caste be DAMNED!

THIS WAS DAVROS' PLAN ALL ALONG! THE KALED RACE IS DOOMED! YOU FOOLS! YOU MAD, EGOTISTICAL FOOLS!

Don't worry! His plan will never succeed without the Hand of Omega! And that was back on Gallifrey.

Makes me wish I were still a kid...

That Guy Who Phails:

Reed Spacer:

doesn't mean they don't suck now.

WHY THE FUCKINING HELL DID I NOT HAVE ONE AS A KID!

Tom Goldman:
I wonder if a grown adult could fit, because I'm not sure these Ride-In Daleks are suited for kids. Here's an example:

"So, Billy, did you have fun at your playdate?"

"Yes, Mom. We exterminated all of humanity and killed off Doctor Who once and for all. Today, Earth, tomorrow, the universe!"

See what I mean?

The Heck you talking about? When I have kids, my hope is that they grow up to enslave humanity... or maybe just Nebraska...

That was....

AMAZINGDHHAFFHDFASFD

I want twelve of these... And I need 12 kids for them! Orphanage here I come!

imnotparanoid:

You will have... we just need a time machine. ... does that count as irony?

Dr. Paine:

imnotparanoid:

You have a time machine?

I so want one of these. I don't care if I won't fit, I want one!

imnotparanoid:

Dr. Paine:

imnotparanoid:

You have a time machine?

Well, it's technically not mine... I mean, what in the world would ever give you that idea?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here