WoW Customer Support Does Your Math Homework

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

A funnier more appropriate answer would of been

42?

The Great JT:
That's crazy.

And I'm with G'sC, all I saw was letters. Math =/= letters.

Were you attempting to be funny here? Because:

A) It did include numbers,
B) Letters are used in mathematics and
C) What would be funny about this if you're not serious?

I would like this to be true, although someone would surely only submit something like this as a prank.

This is funny but upsetting at the same time if it is true. The response times are really really long to begin with. A CSR/GM spending time doing this instead of solving real issues is a problem, unless of course the GM was doing on his/her time off.

Soon WoW GMs will be helping with a wide variety of extracurricular issues ranging from tax preparation to "the talk."

GM in wow will usually take on average 3 days to respond to a ticket so good luck getting it on time...

Hmm, don't know whether to believe it or not. If it's entirely true though, then Go WoW!

let me restate that the exact copy-paste question and exact copy-paste answer can be found on answers.yahoo:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101214010253AAH1igW

either the person directly pasted from that site and GM pasted from the same site as well, or the whole thing is doctored. either way, nobody put a lot of effort into anything

No wonder I had to wait over a week to speak to a GM about actual game issues I was having. They were busying with people asking completely unrelated topics, so people who want their game to run properly have to wait. Glad to know my 15$ a month are being used productively for the game.

I doubt the authenticity of this but it is kind of funny. I've contacted WoW customer support before and they're sort of worthless. I'm not trying to be mean but they are, they wouldn't help me or even attempt to help me.

I don't believe it's real, simply for the fact that the GM probably would have said something a little out of the ordinary, rather than just the usual 'thanks for contacting us' sort of thing. Also, it seems so... improbable...

Probably is real, I remember back when I played WoW the Gm's had a fair bit of time on their hands and they even answered my stupid questions lol.

Also that maths looks difficult...I'm 14 and just started year 9 and I don't understand much of it.

Jamash:
It's pretty amazing to think the Customer Support team for an MMO such as WoW would have access to the Internet and are trained in the use of Google... will wonders never cease?

Sarcasm aside, I found the exact same answer to that question on Yahoo! Answers by typing the question into Google, and I don't even understand the question (or the answer).

I don't understand why the person didn't just use Google himself, rather than wait for the WoW GM's to copy and paste his question into Google and get back to him with the copy and pasted answer.

That might have ended up on Yahoo AFTER being popularized by this image, just saying.

Awesome...now do my taxes.

Xzi:
At $15 a month, they better do your homework! I'd expect them to have a sandwich ready for me ten minutes after submitting a ticket.

Not only should they have a sandwich waiting, but it should arrive on the back of a centaur, who is reading Shakespeare, with the voice of Patrick Stewart, now that would be getting my money's worth.

And this is why I pay monthly fee. Well, not for this particular reason but for good customer support... And I would be happy if I would get some other problem than just beginners whining how they got scammed, hacker or were idiots.

Blizzard GM's were always really friendly, funny, and helpful when I played WoW. I am sure some GM with a sense of humor would do this.

I'm not impressed with this at all, it's not cool, it's not funny, it's bloody infuriating. I haven't played WoW in yonks, but honestly if this is the sort of crap that GMs were wasting their time on when I was submitting tickets about actual in game issues and waiting hours and hours for a reply, I'm glad I'm not paying them anymore.

Mukil:
I might buy WoW just to get my homework done!
This also reminds me of the austin pizza pic!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lenw48hF8L1qzpwi0o1_500.gif

lol, this made my day

Daemascus:
No wonder i can never contact a freaking GM.

QFT

Also:

Greg Tito:
start owning Horde with your new Worgen Warlock.

Worgens are so lame >.>

I love you Blizzard

They are so getting swamped with math homework issues...

Arrrgggg! A-Level Maths falshbacks!

Holy...well okay, not sure if it wasn't doctored or anything at a quick glance, but assuming this is real...

I might have fallen out with WoW in general awhile back...but this kind of thing at least reminds me that their GMs were decent enough chaps. Or at least really good at maths. :)

Huh, math help AND gameplay on WoW?

Fuck, now I just need to figure out which race I don't get bored on halfway into the fourth part of the starting world map, and we're getting somewhere!

Mukil:

Pizza places always have a good sense of humor when they aren't packed down with orders. Awesome.

shreedder:
No wonder I had to wait over a week to speak to a GM about actual game issues I was having. They were busying with people asking completely unrelated topics, so people who want their game to run properly have to wait. Glad to know my 15$ a month are being used productively for the game.

It's just like taxes!

tkioz:
I'm not impressed with this at all, it's not cool, it's not funny, it's bloody infuriating. I haven't played WoW in yonks, but honestly if this is the sort of crap that GMs were wasting their time on when I was submitting tickets about actual in game issues and waiting hours and hours for a reply, I'm glad I'm not paying them anymore.

It's not a constant workload.
Sometimes, the GMs are heavily overloaded with issues, while at other times, they may have few to no issues to deal with.
Just because they have the time to amuse themselves occasionally, it doesn't mean they just goof off all the time.

Had a 2 hour discussion in whispers with a gm about religion so ...yeah that's true. They are really great people since they play the game and not just observe, like robots.

Edit: Also they always answer in under 5 mins for me. EU ones seem sexier than US ones.

Vaccine:
I'd vouch for it being real, Blizzard GMs tend to be really cool like that.

I'd had to deal with them sometimes for random things and they've always been awesome.

I agree, would not put this kind of thing past blizz GMs.

I've gotten some very entertaining replies to some issues. Sometimes my issues don't get looked at very carefully, other times I get my issue solved like that. I like Blizz GMs for the most part. I think it's true.

Just for those curious. Minus some typos the answer is correct. (Should be 1+ 4(q/p)^3 < 0 in the last line to match with the other 1+ 4(q/p)^3 in the previous lines.)

Update: Scratch what I said before. Its a pretty straightforward Lagrange multiplier problem, turns out.

LegendaryGamer0:
Getting a WoW subscription.

I'm not even going to play, just getting one because this is just fucking awesome.

Believe me, I'd rather you kept your soul. Having mathematic geniuses at your disposal is cool and all, but not worth blinking and realising you are either chronically overweight or malnourished and the year is 2014...

OT: Wish teh GM's I contacted in DarkSorrow were as helpful as this. The only good one was a female who one-shotted a griefer who camped me for nearly three hours, before telling me to emote 'teabag lolz'.

Daemascus:
No wonder i can never contact a freaking GM.

yeah! they are bussy doing all those guys their homework!!!

i gues the bullying never stops! "DO MY HOMEWORK OR I WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!!!"

Lloyd O Siadhail:
This is fake, due to the spelling errors within the gm's reply at the end of his message back to the customer. Blizzard doesn't employ people that spell wrong :P

I got into a conversation with a GM once. Most of them do play WoW, they can't use their GM accounts when they're not at work and for most of the time talking to players, they're restricted to some kind of Macro Sheme, depending on the problem.

When talking to him normally, as he said he had a bit of time to spare, he spammed me the list of Macro's and there were around 50. Pretty strange stuff, most of them involving the problem I needed dealt with, some quite strange ones and the other one being the thing they say to you once they start the chat.

Mukil:

i love austins pizza. they generally hire a lot of my friends haha, so this is not surprising by any means.

I love Blizzard.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or